April 18, 2014 | 1862 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Simoneelise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used for at the beach or pool. It's not marketed as "waterproof", but the problem I have with all waterproof mascaras is that in high heat and humidity they leave dark smudges on and under my eyelids, which looks terrible. This tubing mascara held up amazingly well through 2 weeks in the tropics, including daily snorkeling. It never smudged. It has a funny little brush, but I had no issue with that. You're not going to get crazy volume, but the fact that I can actually have visible eyelashes (they're naturally very fair) at the beach with no smudging and not even requiring makeup remover will keep me buying this for summer and trips in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by BunnyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I was really pleased with this initially as it seemed nice and thin to apply and easy to remove, but after Day 2 of using found it was a big mistake.
Reason: Hedgehog lashes.
Yes, lashes so prickly they were like icicles, I was worried they would snap off and rushed home to remove it
There is way too much gum in this stuff. After a while my lashes started to pull on the lids and HURT where one or two had stuck together with the gluey formulation.
I have lid problems anyway so this is no go for me.
I think it is
1. too gluey
2. too thin
3. makes lashes spiky and look sparse

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really average in terms of the length and volume it gives and it doesn't really hold a curl. But it's good for my bottom lashes because of the tiny brush and how it never smudges or flakes. However, it can by a bit clumpy so you have to comb out your lashes before they dry. I've found other mascaras that have good lasting power that also give a better effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

love this mascara as it doesn't raccoon on me or run if I shed a tear or two. It isn't water proof, but it's pretty water resistant and doesn't flake or smudge. It's much easier to remove than waterproof, so I don't lose as many lashes as I used to trying to remove waterproof mascara. All other non-waterproof mascaras smudge on me as I have oily skin and get watery eyes when I laugh, so Clinique Lash Power has been great. The small brush gives me great control with not much clumping until it starts to dry out after about a month, and then I end up tossing it as it gets flakey and messy at that point.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by twinkilass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's quick & easy to apply. It removes by pressing on the lashes with warm water. The black is very black. I have zero smudging or flaking (an issue for me). The wand is very small which makes it easy to reach all the lashes.it's a good purchase for allergy sufferers, or those with oily eyelids wanting a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My beloved Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells started smudging on me so I rummaged through my Clinique GWP samples and found High Impact Curling Mascara. Finally, no smudges! I tried it out for a couple of days to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Couldn't believe it!
I found it a little too high impact for my fairly long and thick lashes though, so after some research on here and the Clinique websites I decided to buy High Power.
I'm loving this! As other reviewers have said, it's not massively lengthening and volumising but I've found it's ample for me particularly after two coats. The formula is quite thin so it doesn't clump on application, and it's probably the only mascara I've ever used that I could wear without a comb through with a dry brush.
The colour (Black Onyx) is darker and has a slightly glossier finish than the High Impact Curling, and doesn't have that spidery look. The narrow brush makes the mascara easier to control and less likely to go onto your eyelids (another of my mascara problems). I love not having to worry about panda eyes by mid-morning and I now don't have to skimp on concealer and eye cream to stop my mascara smudging.
I have found it comes off very easily with water - nothing left behind, no pulling or dragging on the eyes - but you might need a minute or two to get it all off carefully and gently. I haven't lost any lashes yet with this mascara and I hope I don't...The removal technique for this type of mascara does take a bit of getting used to, but if mascara smudges are a problem then it's really worth it.
Also want to say a big thanks to all the reviewers here for this product. I came across a Clinique sales rep who had never heard the term "tubing mascara", had little idea about the properties of the brand's mascaras and asked me if I needed eye makeup remover to go with my purchase (the instruction leaflet inside the box tells you to use warm water). Just as well that I knew exactly what I wanted!
Update : removing this stuff is easier than I thought - I use Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser all over my face, including eyes, and the mascara comes off during the rinsing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

I was really happy with this mascara. It lasts all day and doesn't run at all. However, in exchange for being long lasting, it is really difficult to remove at the end of the day. I did take off 1 star because I found it difficult to put on more than 1 coat. I found that this mascara will clump if you try to add too many coats.

Overall: Good mascara. A particularly good choice for those who have had a hard time finding a mascara that doesn't run.
Value: OK-to-pretty-good. This mascara is on the cheaper side of non-drugstore brands, and I found performed pretty well. That being said, I think there are drugstore brands that perform well for less than half the price. If you have had a hard time with other waterproof mascaras running, I'd try this. If not, I'd skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by natalie143

Love/Hate Relationship
The formula is wet, however it produces a nice deep black onto my lashes and adds nice length and volume. When it comes time to remove this mascara, I have quite the hard time. I've used so many different removers, but nothing takes it off without have to scrub a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm astounded at the positive reviews that this has got - a barely mitigated disaster for me. This a wet formula, and to be honest, it reminds memost of Maybelline's most-hated Great Lash.

The mitigation for me is the blackness of Black Onyx, no greying at all. Otherwise, the bush comes out with way too much product and by the time I've wipd off the excess I feel like I've wasted a lot. The main downfall is its lack of buildability. One coat of this stuff is just not enough if but if I try to apply a second coat before it's dried it clumps and I end up with half a dozen spiked lash clumps. So, if I wait until it's dried to apply a second coat then it is flakeorama. I've never, ever had flaking like this before from a mascara.

I do kinda like to shape of the brush, and as it doesn't seem to run then I may reserve it for the very, very rare times I apply mascara to bottom lashes.

Absolutely would not buy again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by midnightrose21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great for sensitive eyes as it does not irritate or smudge. Unfortunately, it also does not do much more. It barely made my eyes lashes darker and did not make them look longer. To make them look just a little darker, I had to apply three coats. I returned it for Clinique Lash Power as I did not want to pay for a mascara that required 1/8 the tube with every use as it would last only 2-3 weeks. They need a richer or thicker formula. For those ladies who want to look as if they are not wearing mascara, this is a good one, though. I would not buy again as the price is too much for such a basic mascara. You are better off with Maybelline Great Lash for half the price.