November 23, 2014 | 1513 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly I don't really believe that people should take skincare reviews as gospel as everyone's skin is very different and will react differently to skincare. But, skincare reviews are good as a guide as long as they are taken with a pinch of salt :)

My experience with this serum so far has been very positive! Like many others I have enlarged pores on my cheeks and on my chin and forehead but not to the same extent. I also have oily skin. I use this in the mornings before moisturiser and have done for the past fortnight now and the difference I've seen in the size of my pores has been amazing! I wear quite a full coverage foundation along with powder so initially my pores aren't so visible - but as the day goes on my skin gets oilier and my pores start to show. But since using this serum, as my skin gets oilier my pores pretty much look invisible! After using so many different products over the years with no success I'm so glad to have found something which has done what it says... It is expensive but I personally see it as a wise investment because my skin looks great which makes me feel good. I bought this spontaneously without really looking in to it and luckily it paid off but I would suggest to anyone wanting to try it to ask for a sample, and try several counters if the rep at your local one won't give you a sample.

So for me, this serum has been an absolute godsend but for someone else the results may not be the same, skincare seems to work on a very individual basis!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product to even out uneven, patchy skin tone as a result of sun damage. Wasn't expecting much so I'm not too disappointed by the fact this product does nothing. I actually think it made me break out around my chin, I now have small red pimples across the lower part of my face, mainly across my chin. They are tiny red bumps- something I never had before and I am not someone who breaks out at all, I generally have quite clear skin. I'd like to add that this product does not moisturise at all and has a somewhat artificial smoothness about it, like a silicone primer. The gold sheen tricks you into thinking your skin tone is more even due to the dewy glow

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by danarana

This product did nothing for my skin!
It's main ingredient is silicone, which leaves a smooth texture on the skin. However the product itself does not improve the skin or minimize pores, despite its claims.

A complete waste of money! I ended up using this as a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly speaking, I have no idea what this product does. (Pore minimizing? Does that stuff ever work?) I bought it twice because I loved how smooth it made my skin feel. It's the silicone, no doubt. But at about $50 for the 1oz bottle, I can't justify buying a glorified ... skim smoother anymore. Great lemony scent though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After 2 large bottles, I am finally convinced that this product really doesn't do anything other than not break out my sensitive, post-Yasmin hormonal acne prone skin.

No visible difference in my pore size after 2 years of use - and I keep using it because it's a serum and it kind of makes my skin feel smooth.

TIP: wearing it under foundation will make your foundation slide and I have also experienced my foundation balling up with this serum.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a face primer at best...it makes your skin "feel" smooth and silky (silicone!) but as for the look of your skin you will see no difference. And the nice "feeling" effect comes off with your cleanser and goes straight down the drain. I'm quite disappointed in this product because it does not do anything it claims and $125 is a lot to be paid to be lied to.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got samples of this to try first, after 5 days , I do see a more even brighter tone, wear under my makeup, skin feels smooth and soft, goes on nicely too, not greasy , very light, I have loads of samples left, will update if I will be purchasing, but so far I really like it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by VENUSPEH

Nice fragrance. When applying, my skin feel soft and smooth. Light and non-greasy. Easily absorbed into my skin. Btw, i have sensitive, so far the product did not irritate my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love estee Lauder products but this one just did nothing for me, nothing at all. I have oily skin and pores on my tea zone and this did absolutely nothing regarding them at all. I don't have a problem with my skin tone and I didnt notice an improvement using this.
The only thing that I did notice was the silky feeling on my face once I put it on but that is just largely down to the silicone in it. Overall I was really disappointed with this, it makes using foundation over the top difficult because it slides and I used a very tiny amount.
I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It has an uplifting scent which is pleasing. It makes my skin feel so soft and look more uniform. It did help to make my pores look smaller. I like that it has a lot of anti-oxidants in it, good for the skin. HG.