November 28, 2014 | 1281 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Align 12 protective straightening lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by saccharinity

Firstly, this product smells amazing.

It also works well protecting my hair from my flat iron. I like that it is applied to wet hair (and thereby using less product).

Since switching from my old rusk iron to a ghd i've been looking for something with a little more protective power but I always seem to come back to this balm, its been a staple in my bathroom for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by iheartalize

I apply this to damp hair, midshaft to ends. I notice it helps to dry the hair faster and also makes the hair more manageable and somewhat soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Ohhsoosmooth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product but, don't use it daily. You have to be careful not to get this on your roots and not to use too much. This product can be heavy and hair would look greasy if a lot is used.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by missriss2012

I love this product! My stylist reccomended it when I first chopped off my hair last may. I went from very long and extremely long to chemically straightened and very short. My hair has grown out since then and it is now a cute little bob that is shoulder length. I love the smell, but I don't like that I have to be very careful with the tube of product...I dropped it on accident once and the top popped off and I was not happy. I only gave it 4 lippies because I seem to still be using too much product and it isnt coming out quite how I want it to...but I'm working on it.

Overall, very happy with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

I really like this product. I have to admit I haven't used a ton of straightening products, but this one always gives me silky hair as opposed to waxy feeling hair. My hair stylist always uses this too and when she does my hair I swear I could go on the red carpet with that gloss and shine. Some people didn't like the build up and grossness that went on with this. Well this is REALLY easy to use too much of. You really don't need a lot of this or it will feel disgusting gross on your hair. I have recently started straightening my hair a lot more and this stuff is all I use. It used to be hard to find, but Target now carries it in store so it's pretty easy to get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very thick and course hair along with color treated and I LOVE this product. It is a MUST in my bathroom. I use a flat iron just about every day and it looks so smooth and silky and believe me, I know it's not really that way. This product makes it appear that way though. It's magic. :) I would definitely recommend this product. I paid $16 for it at my salon, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by stacy2455

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this balm. I personally love the smell. It softens my hair and really notice when I blow dry. I do feel like it relaxes nicely during a blowout and while flat ironing. I think it mixes well with other products, also, pretty versitile. I like buying the smaller travel size of this since I don't use it often and usually don't need to use a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by pahkthecah

I have gone through so many straightening products, both salon and drugstore, and this is the product I've stuck with for the longest after a recommendation from my stylist. The price is a little eh and it's hard to find not in the salon but it's definitely worth it. I usually towel dry my wavy hair (which is incredibly thick and now medium/long length), work a pump and 1/2 throughout my hair, then let it air dry for a little. After it's about half dry I'll blow it dry, then straighten it. Half the time I don't even need any extra product in it.. and it keeps it straight all day. I've gotten so many compliments about my hair being smooth and shiny... and my stylist always says how healthy it looks for being flat ironed daily and dyed. Definitely worth trying out.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by rimazima

I am really disappointed in this product. I have naturally wavy hair and I have to flat iron my hair several times in order for it stay straight with this product. I can't use this product on a humid day because my hair will not stay straight (even with hair spray!). The one good thing is that it is hydrating but that's it. For now, i have been using it as a conditioner for my hair before I take a diffuser to it. There are better products out there...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by patsgirl321

I like this! i couldnt beleive HOW damn fast my hair dried with the blowdryer. Normally takes me like 20 min to blow dry my hair - this took about 10 min... I've been on a hair binge lately (check all my reviews) and i was looking for something to smooth and protect my hair on top of Kerastase Ciment Thermique - I'm into Thermal Protection lately. Well, i changed my whole hair routine up - I co wash, then I spray a little TREsemme Heat Spray, then i mix the Ciment Thermique with a dab of the Align12, blow dry - flat iron - my hair was done in 18 minutes - usualy taks 1/2 hour. I wanted to find something cheap that i could mix my ciment thermique with so i dont use as much CT (its super expensive) i think i found my hair care regimin. This stuff Really keeps my hair straight And conditioned, and protected. My hair feels VERY smooth...