November 28, 2014 | 1288 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 15 for Dry Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by susieg8385

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. Perfect for my skin (dry, sensitive & freckles) in Natural Beige. Looks really natural and moisturisers too.Removed one star cause it spreads a little runny. Good for gradual building up though. Pity it doesn't come with a pump.

Update 2012: Smell was a little off putting. Left it for a couple of years and now back to using it. Best drug store makeup for me to use daily. I use Clinique Even Better for going out somewhere special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 7:29:00 AM More reviews by thebigtrout

I'm very surprised at the good ratings for this product. I went out and bought it after seeing that it got terrific reviews. I have found the coverage to be terrible. It doesn't cover smooth and is a bit orangey in color. (Buff) I have been using Buff Colorstay for years and they changed the formula a while back. It's not as amazing as it used to be, but it's still one of the better one's on the market, so I'm back to using that. I would never buy the age defying makeup again. It's not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Shannon986

I'm only 23 but I LOVE this foundation, it blends perfectly and after a long day at work it still looks good! It covers moderately but with concealor my skin looks flawless and not cakey, perfect for the summer sunlight! Definetely will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have normal/combination skin but this product stays on well without making me too shiny even in hot weather. Coverage for all of the liquid age defying foundations is fairly light, so don't expect it to cover up serious imperfections. Instead use it to soften them for a good daytime foundation that is easy to blend and looks fairly natural. So many foundations come with pink undertones only. I have light olive skin and use Sand Beige which has just enough yellow tones to sit very nicely on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sage67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have dry skin, you will “Love” this foundation. This product is very light and Very moisturizing. Makes my skin look flawless. The colors look dark in the bottle, but tend to go on lighter, so make sure you test them before purchasing. Considering this product’s creaminess, it is surprising that it has only a slight tendency to crease into lines around the eyes. In the past, I was always mixing my foundation with moisturizers to help combate the flakey dry skin. Now, I do not need to. Just make sure you apply a good moisturizer before your foundation and you will be set for the rest of the day. Very excited to find such a great foundation!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by lateshoes

I really liked this foundation. It goes on nicely and didn't dry my skin out at all. I also didn't breakout at all. The color match was nice, though I felt like at the end of the day I would look a bit gray. I'm not the hugest fan of the matte finish, but over all I really like this foundation a lot.

Revlon is also one of the only cruelty free drugstore cosmetics along with Almay..so, it's really worth buying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Livn2large

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought generous-sized samples of all of the Age Defying foundations. I resorted to using the formula for Dry skin when the formula for Normal/Combination skin proved too dry and hard to blend. Unfortunately, the formula for Dry skin didn't prove to be the solution. I don't know what is in the formula to cause this, but a single application gave me six to seven irritation breakouts in less than two hours of wear. This liquid has a strong citrus smell that quickly dissipates; it offers light coverage and a nice glow. I think it would be perfect for someone with dry skin who isn't highly sensitive. Oily, acne-prone girls, stay away. Too bad, because Nude Beige is a perfect color for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 8:26:00 AM More reviews by babygiggles

This is the best foundation I have tried to date. It doesn't settle into lines and it covers my brown acne spots pretty well. I use the combo skin version of this though. It just makes me look like I have great skin, which is far from what I really have. If you have flaky skin, any makeup will look bad, you should exfoliate to get the flakes under control and harsh products will make you flake more. Use gentle products for your skin care and exfoliate to get the dead skin off. I had pretty bad acne and quit using chemicals on my skin and it is much better and when you exfoliate be very gentle as well. Anyway, this makeup is what I have been using for at least a year now, I am hispanic and my skin is yellowish so the buff works pretty well for me as far as shade, most foundations are too pink or orange for me. Definately worth a try even though any new makeup you try is going to take a few times to get the right shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this. However it is going back. First of all it is still not the right shade for me and I got it in fresh ivory. Also I agree with 2 other reviews. First, talc is high on the list. Second, it is more like a tinted moisturizer. My search continues for the perfect foundation for PPP (going thru menopause) skin. If anyone knows of anything that is very pale, does not contain talc and is not going to dry me out or look masky and provide good coverage, let me know!!! (I also think all liquid foundations should come in tubes or have a pump)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by sonnybug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow I am so surprised that I love this foundation. I am an admitted makeup snob but learning that expensive is not always better. I decided on a Lark while in the drugstore to try this foundation. i had plans on ditching it before I even tried it. I LOVE THIS STUFF. It made my aging skin look wonderful. It looked visibly firmer and fewer fine lines appeared. What I really like it covered my uneven skintone but was not heavy at all. I have been trying more drugstore products of late and to my surprise I also find some drugstore mascaras superior.