September 23, 2014 | 1726 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay 12-Hour Eyeshadow Quad "Blushed Wines"

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by fihe

this eyeshadow quad is magnificent! I bought it because I thought the colors were unique and beautiful. and they stay on all day! I'm gonna try using these with colored eyeshadow bases to see if I can add even more depth and interest to the colors!

UPDATE 12/26/10: I've been using this for a while now and it's become one of my favorite eyeshadow quads :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by BasiaMik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely my favorite palette from Revlon. I wear this to work, I wear this to school, I wear this when I have an interview or if I'm just going shopping. It works on dates, it works when I'm going to the beach, it's an all around great eyeshadow that really does LAST. You must, must always use a primer before applying shadow. So if this doesn't last for you, try using a primer and setting with a plain face powder before you put it on. Otherwise, the colors coordinate amazingly with my hazel eyes, even though they're very plain. They brighten me up when I'm tired and make me look put together. I haven't found anything better yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jay45

I like the colors in this quad. I find it does stay on for 12 hours and the colors show up well. I find they go on smooth. I dont use the darkest one as on my fair skin it makes me look awfully scary. I love the other colors though, and use them often.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

these eyeshadows are realiable. not as smooth as my stila pans but for a drug store brand gives great results. i love this palette as the colours are really gorgeous together. i love brown eyeshadows but so many quads, although they appear neutral just don't suit me. the tone of these eyeshadows are not too bronzer or too golden and for me, that makes them very wearable. im an nc25 with very peachy undertones so its great with my brown eyes and hair. the 2nd darkest colour is my favourite.i've gone through the hilighter colour like crazy and is just a great palette to pick up when you looking for some no fuss eyeshadows. i find myself reaching for it often.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful wine-oriented colors. I work well with red-undertoned eyeshadows, but I can see this making someone else look like a half crazed vampire (so be wary!). Only 2 lippies from me though because it creased in one hour and disappeared in 3. That doesn't sound like 12-hour wear to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by wingedfrog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Nice colours, the lightest doesn't really show very pink on the skin, just a light colour that's useful for highlighting. I use the second and third colours to wash over my eyelids (the second isn't so different from my natural lid colour, as I have rather pinkish lids, but makes it slightly pinkER) and darkening in the crease, and I use the darkest (which comes out fairly sheer) either for darkening in the crease further, or I apply it with a WET applicator, picking up a lot of the powder, as an eyeliner.
These plum-wine colours (the name really is perfect for it) are particularly good for green eyes like mine (going by the idea of using colours that lie complementary i.e opposite on the colour wheel to create the most impact).
I find it does crease a bit, but I have exceptionally oily eyelids, and I've never bothered trying an eyeshadow primer yet, so I'm not sure how it would go on people with drier eyelids than mine. I do find it long-lasting enough for me though. Also, the lids aren't built particularly well, they shift from side to side a little, and break easily. Fortunately however, due to the moveability of them, you can actually reattach them when this happens.
Overall, I really like this quad, particularly these colours, and if I ever run out (even those I use it frequently, it's lasted me forever) I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm giving this 3 lippies for the colors and the staying power. This stuff definitely stays on all day, and does not stray, fade or crease. That being said, it also does not go on nearly as dramatically as one would think by looking at the pallet. This is NOT meant for a "smoky" eye. This is a great quad for an everyday, subtle, wine-shaded eye, but the pigments are just not intense enough for a smoky eye. Even with repeated coats, not suitable for a dramatic effect. Oh well, will use for daily wear instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by booboo27

This by far is my favorite revlon colorstay quad. I have tw0 others that i'm not really a big fan of. again the only thing i dont like about this quad is the fall out. it's not finely milled so it has a powdery cheap texture. but nonetheless, i would definitely repurchase this quad.

1st shadow ---- you just have to love the highlight color. its pinkish on the pan but the pink doesnt really show up on my skin...but i still love this highlight for my eyes and on the top of my cheekbones.

2nd shadow --- is just like the 1st one but a little bit darker...looove it! great for my "golden medium (bareminerals color)" skin... awgh!! love it!

3rd shadow ---- golden burgundy color. which is great for lid/crease color... these first 3 shadows are perfect for daytime look... then add a black shadow for night time..really fierce!!

4th shadow --- burgundy purple... the only color i rarely use in this quad... but i love it with some nude buff (MAC's shroom) color...this color doesnt really go well with all the others. i tried a look using all four and it's just too much purple..it looked muddy...but i love with with a nude BROWN color cuz it doesnt really look good with other pinks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get all of the reviews saying this isn't pigmented! I'm not sure what sort of base anyone else is using but I use concealer before I apply eyeshadow and the colors show up the way they're supposed to. There's one thing I don't like about this, though; the checkered pattern in the eyeshadow, it's too deeply imprinted and it makes the eyshadow crumble really easily. Also, I'm not sure if all of the eyeshadows are this way, but the lid on mine feels "loose", like, it slides to either side easily and I'm afraid if I put it in my bag it would open or break easily. But over all I like the eyeshadows and I'd try them again in other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Purrceyz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this quad as my everyday, neutral eyeshadow. I'm quite fair (a NW 15-20) and these shades look natural on me. I have quite small eyes so I use top shade on my browbone, the 2nd second on my lid and the 3rd (usually this shade) or 4th shade on the crease.

Although it's not as pigmented as higher end shadows, it is builds and blends well. (I use brushes instead of the provided applicator.) The colour lasts very well for a drugstore shadow, even without Two Faced Shadow Insurance which I usually apply underneath.

I wish the compact included a mirror but this is uncommon in eyeshadow palettes.