September 22, 2014 | 1988 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by nicole112883

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get how some are saying that this smudges but I guess we all have different reactions. I use this on my upper lid for a cat eye effect and it's the only liner i have found that actually stays put the entire day. I was traveling overseas on a 35 hour long trip that didn't allow for me to retouch my makeup and this was the only thing on my face that stayed put as if i had applied it minutes beforehand. This is the only liner i will use. If you're looking for it to stay in the waterline, this doesn't exactly work but then again, what does?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ThatsNotMyRobot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner. It is the only product that I can use to do nice eyeliner. Apply a base underneath and it's PERFECT. Lovely colour + amazing consistency.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lisaxjo

Poor staying power for my oily watery eyes. Began to run and flake after 45 minutes of usage. Its expensive and not worth the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Tirilsd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love how easy it is to make a beautiful eyeliner look with this, the consistence is good, not to fluid or gelly. The only downside is that it smudges in eye corners after just 3 hours. I really love the packaging! It's so sophisticated and easy to organize and store.
I use mac #266 brush to apply this.

And always keep the cap on! It will dry easily if not!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did not care for this particular liner, it smears after 30 min, even with eyelid primer...yes goes on smooth but so what, if it smears and looks crappy later then not worth it lol

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I normally don't like taking an additional step when it comes using a brush for eyeliner, but I make the exception for this gel liner. This jet black color goes on exactly as the color looks in the pot and stays black; doesn't fade to gray as the day wears on. It's long lasting without smudging and a little goes a long way so this tiny pot has lasted me years. It's perfect for doing a cat eye or a really thick line on top as I can't find any liquid eyeliners that work well enough to create both of those looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBikki

Really good product but I tried the Maybelline version and for a quarter of the price found it to actually be better. I do prefer the mac brush that you can buy. This mac version also went dry fairly quickly which was pretty disappointing i.e after 2nd use so always had to wet the brush to make application easy. It did have good staying power as does the maybelline one. I usually prefer mac but on this occassion Maybelline's version is much cheaper and better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I have tried many other MAC Fluidlines. I only have funky colors, so I thought that I would try the black.

It goes on so fluid, as to why it has the name! I can get a much cleaner line with this product than I can with other gel liners. It wears really well on me. I don't have to touch this up during the day, which is really nice. It comes off easily with MAC's Pro Eye Makeup Remover, which is not an oil based remover.

Why I'm not re-purchasing this, and why I'm returning this, is because it looks gray in comparison to my other black gel liners. I applied this to one eye and then Maybelline's Gel Liner to the other, and the Maybelline one looked far more black!

Although I find the MAC gel liner to be a lot easier to apply than the Maybelline one, I am returning it. I wanted to buy a black liner, not a gray one! Hopefully MAC will add more pigment. I love the formula, just not the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first bought Blacktrack about six years ago, and I've been loving it ever since. I always used to use liquid liner to do a cat eye until I started using this gel. I have never gone back because with a small angled brush (MAC 208) I can get the same effect. I've also used it smudged against the lash lines, and as a base with Carbon eyeshadow on top for a really dark smokey eye. I've put it on at six in the morning, and it stayed on all the way until three the next morning. So it stays really well. Once I ran out and my sister bought me the exact same thing from another brand, and it wasn't even close to being as good. This one is so creamy! Whether you get it out on the brush, or put it on the back of your hand first, make sure you close the lid all the way first so it doesn't dry out. Love Fluidline from MAC!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the MAC gel liners, I have the colors dipdown and blacktrack. They are very pigmented and I do not need to go over my line multiple times to get even coverage. The formula is moist and you have some time to smudge it before it sets if that is the look you are going for. Even once it is set it can smudge a bit if rubbed, but I generally don't have problems with touching my eyes once made up. I use a Lancome angled liner brush to apply and find it easy to obtain a winged liner look. I use gel/potted liners often and they take some practice to master, but once you do they are great. I have dry skin and therefore do not have oily eyelids. Something worth mentioning is that I only use this on my top eyelid as I have problems with watery eyes. This liner will not stay on my bottom lash line without bleeding into my foundation. This is the reason for 3 lippies. To remedy this problem I use the MC prolong wear eyeliner for my lower lashes. Packaging is good, this liner could last you years which is why I gave it a decent rating for price. However, I said that I would not repurchase because I really feel that the Maybelline studio gel liner really rivals this and the price is better. MAC definitely has a better color selection though.