April 20, 2014 | 1655 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Ombre_bleue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love that liner from MAC. It's a gorgeous dark navy blue on the purple side. The formula is nice, smooth, and stays one well. It's not the most vibrant color but gorgeous and quite unique.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

*Sigh* I REALLY wanted to love this liner. The color in the pot is such an unbelievably rich and stunning cross between royal purple and blue, with subtle, barely noticeable shimmer to it. The application though, was an entirely different story. The color is not true to what it looks like in the pot as it is incredibly sheer for a liner. If you like the winged/cat-eye look like I do, this can be a pain to work with. You would have to pack it on to get a deep color, so good luck once you try to curl your lashes. It would look good if you smoked it out as the color is still lovely, though not nearly as nice as the pot. I will try to find other ways to make this work for me. Will update if I ever change my mind, but for now I don't have a mind to purchase it again IF I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not the most unique shade of blue. it looks more interesting in the jar but once applied it's just a dark navy blue.
4 stars because fluidlines are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a "black eyeliner only" kind of gal and I depend on eyeliner-wear it everyday. I swatched this on my hand and the color was sooo pretty! Though I didn't really think it'd look awesome on me. I usually only feel comfortable with black eyeliner and smokey, neutral eyeshadows. Lately I've been trying to experiment and be more open and decided to try this. I started out with Untitled and just drew a line on both lids and my dark, deep-set eyes instantly looked brightened and "awake". Very pretty and I didn't even bother using eyeshadow! I was good to go with Waveline and mascara (black, but now I want to try colored mascaras, something similar to Waveline).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by obssd4s4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I luv luv luv Mac Fluidline. I have the unfortunate luck to wear contacts which causes almost 99% of my liners to smear within an hour. I love that you can either make a thin or thick line as well as layer it to increase the pop of color. This is definitely "brighter" than the typical navy liners but it can still be used during the day. I like that this color adds a pop to my normal make-up routine without me having to put on a lot of eye make-up. I will admit that adding too much may result in some smearing, so easy does it. Overall this is one of the best pot liners I have used and will continue to repurchase since a little goes a long way which means it will quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by drea0627

Great liner! I love the color. It makes my brown asian eyes look brighter! I have really oily lids so the color fades a bit by the end of the night. I've tried the L'oreal HIP eyeliner before but this one beats it hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 7:36:00 AM More reviews by lightlessness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, just let me say that I adore MAC fluidline eye liners normally, this color however was enough of a disappointment to lose 2 lippies from me. In the jar it looks AMAZING and I planned on paring it with other vibrant colors for a bold eye but was terribly let down. It is black, well almost. It doesn't look blue at all on the eye area which defeats the purpose of buying it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by helloalana

This is my first MAC gel eyeliner. Before this I was using BB gel eyeliner in black ink and choc shimmer brown. (as u can see from my reviews, black ink was a disappointment and choc shimmer brown was my all time favourite) until i decided to give MAC fluidline a go............ I got mine from an online swap hahaha so price wise, it was worth it.

Since using this MAC fluidline in waveline (blue), i have forgotten that i still have my BB gel eyeliners!!!!!! Been using this one EVERYDAY cos its just soooooo gooood....so easy to apply - though it dries up pretty quick but heck, its still good.

I used it to line my eyes (as i have the typical asian eyes, small) i have to make sure the line is quite thick. after lining, i would smudge it so that it looks like i've applied eyeshadow!!!! its FANTASTIC!!!!!! it looks very nice and natural!!!! i dont even need any eyeshadows anymore cos i can just use the fluidline as a double for eyeshadow as well!!!!!

I just cant believe it took me so long to give this product a try. Now i'm trying to hunt for other shades from this line (Shade and Dipdown). Hope the texture etc is the same/consistent (unlike BB brown - cf black ink vs choc shimmer).

Best thing about this is that it doesnt SMUDGED at all. Though if u touch up during they day, u might get those 'crumbly' bits on your cheeks but hey, its nothing compare to panda eyes! hahaha

I may have found my solution to enhancing my asian eyes!!!!!

UPDATE: Since purchasing my first MAC fluidline, i have not gone back to using my BB gel liners!!! I love MAC fluidlines!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I like this eyeliner but it feels different from Blacktrack. It has a thinner, creamier consistency. It makes the color appear less opaque. I like navy liner but I want a deeper navy that's more opaque. Its okay but its not my most used liner. I want to try it as a base for shadow. I wish I could give this 3.5 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by sexycereal

I love Waveline! It's a blue, a bit dark but not navy, and when you look at it closely you can see gold pearls in it.

You can use this as a base for eyeshadows or as a liner. I love lining my top lashline and then flicking it at the end, it looks very cute and looks better than plain black liquid eyeliner, plus, it doesn't look TOO blue and you can probably wear it anywhere (even work!).

It dries very quickly though, so you'll have to be careful. And it may, for some people who have oily skin, not be that good. But I have dry skin so it works well for me.

I would definitely but this again.