July 30, 2014 | 1952 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a good product but like everyone else has noted it just isn't blue enough.
Strangely enough I tried this on my hand in the store (Heathrow duty free) and under the bright lights it seemed to look far more navy blue on my hand than it actually turned out to be on my eyes. A mistake I have learned from (natural light is key).
That said I found that it did not move on my oily skin even whilst I was on holiday under a sweltering Cuban sun! It's also extremely good value for money, I'd say even with everyday use (as long as you're not Amy Winehouse) it would still last for a year minimum!
Will go for blacktrack fluidline in future but wont try this again unless it ups the blue pigment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again, a Fluidline that doesn't live up to its promise. This is a vibrant, beautiful blue-violet with a metallic sheen in the pot, but goes on as more of a dull dark navy on the lid. I was looking for something that would really "pop" against my brown eyes, and while it looks "okay," it isn't what I was wanting when I bought it. Not bad enough to return, but not what I thought it would be. So far, of the three Fluidlines I've tried, only Rich Ground has been true to color. I've learned my lesson...try a swatch at the counter before you buy! Three lippies for overall product quality, as it does apply smoothly and stays on all day, and the value is good since you get a large quantity for the price.

EDIT: Have tossed this. It started clumping and going on unevenly, then started wearing off in clumps, leaving bare spots in my eyeliner line...unacceptable. I know I kept it tightly closed, too. Not pleased, as this was only used a few times. Doesn't last in the jar or on my eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was not for me. I'm a GGG and thought this would be intense and contrasty, but instead it was sheer and unimpressive.

There is hardly any pigment in this, unlike MAC's other Fluidlines. I have the Blacktrack and I can't even believe they are the same product!

I can't tell if it lasted because I couldn't see it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Ombre_bleue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love that liner from MAC. It's a gorgeous dark navy blue on the purple side. The formula is nice, smooth, and stays one well. It's not the most vibrant color but gorgeous and quite unique.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

*Sigh* I REALLY wanted to love this liner. The color in the pot is such an unbelievably rich and stunning cross between royal purple and blue, with subtle, barely noticeable shimmer to it. The application though, was an entirely different story. The color is not true to what it looks like in the pot as it is incredibly sheer for a liner. If you like the winged/cat-eye look like I do, this can be a pain to work with. You would have to pack it on to get a deep color, so good luck once you try to curl your lashes. It would look good if you smoked it out as the color is still lovely, though not nearly as nice as the pot. I will try to find other ways to make this work for me. Will update if I ever change my mind, but for now I don't have a mind to purchase it again IF I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not the most unique shade of blue. it looks more interesting in the jar but once applied it's just a dark navy blue.
4 stars because fluidlines are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a "black eyeliner only" kind of gal and I depend on eyeliner-wear it everyday. I swatched this on my hand and the color was sooo pretty! Though I didn't really think it'd look awesome on me. I usually only feel comfortable with black eyeliner and smokey, neutral eyeshadows. Lately I've been trying to experiment and be more open and decided to try this. I started out with Untitled and just drew a line on both lids and my dark, deep-set eyes instantly looked brightened and "awake". Very pretty and I didn't even bother using eyeshadow! I was good to go with Waveline and mascara (black, but now I want to try colored mascaras, something similar to Waveline).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by obssd4s4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I luv luv luv Mac Fluidline. I have the unfortunate luck to wear contacts which causes almost 99% of my liners to smear within an hour. I love that you can either make a thin or thick line as well as layer it to increase the pop of color. This is definitely "brighter" than the typical navy liners but it can still be used during the day. I like that this color adds a pop to my normal make-up routine without me having to put on a lot of eye make-up. I will admit that adding too much may result in some smearing, so easy does it. Overall this is one of the best pot liners I have used and will continue to repurchase since a little goes a long way which means it will quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by drea0627

Great liner! I love the color. It makes my brown asian eyes look brighter! I have really oily lids so the color fades a bit by the end of the night. I've tried the L'oreal HIP eyeliner before but this one beats it hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 7:36:00 AM More reviews by lightlessness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, just let me say that I adore MAC fluidline eye liners normally, this color however was enough of a disappointment to lose 2 lippies from me. In the jar it looks AMAZING and I planned on paring it with other vibrant colors for a bold eye but was terribly let down. It is black, well almost. It doesn't look blue at all on the eye area which defeats the purpose of buying it at all.