July 29, 2014 | 1589 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fabulously vaseline type product that will moisturize all your dry spots. But, just because it's called Rose's Salve, doesn't mean it smells like roses. It doesn't. It smells like vanilla. The top is a total pain-but it's a nicer, more luxury petroleum product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by wq13

I tried this out on my elbows while at BBW one day, and it worked well, so I decided to buy it. Now, I'm completely hooked on this stuff! I use it on dry patches and on my lips every night. When I wake up, I have soft, hydrated lips! Love it! If you ever have a hangnail, USE THIS at night! It'll be basically gone in the morning.
Also, the smell of this product is lovely. It smells rosy and sweet; it's very feminine.
I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone!

UPDATE:
Use this on your CUTICLES! It's a miracle. Literally. No more dry cuticles!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by emilychristine

This stuff is amazing. I have extremely dry skin, especially in the winter. It gets to the point to where I have dry, flaky patches on my skin. This is the ONLY moisturizer/balm that will get rid of it. I know a lot of people use this only for their lips, but it works extremely well for dry skin, too. It is soft and does not feel heavy. Because it does make my skin look quite greasy (obviously), I only use this at night, but I wake up with really nice, smooth skin when I do use it. I also love the scent. It definitely smells like roses, and it does have a floral smell (at least to me, but I love it). It's really nice and calming. The only con I can think of about this product is the packaging. It looks cute and all, but it is so hard to open. It got to the point where I had to use pliers with my dad (lol) to get it open, so now I just have it in a plastic baggie. It doesn't really matter to me, but it was just really annoying because it would take me like 5 minutes to open it.

For the price, this is worth it. I don't think it's really all that expensive..it could be considered a high end product in my book. I would really recommend this for anyone with very dry skin, or just anyone who wants to properly hydrate their skin, because this will do it. I also like the lavender salve, but I just like this one more because I like the scent better. However, they both work the same. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by TropicalKissesxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So where to i even start... alright well.. let's do the 3P's!
1. Packaging: I love the packaging, that's what initally attracted me to find this baby. It's really cute and vintage looking, and looks well put together, kind of expensive looking i guess you could say. It's just looks like something that's good quality. Alot of people complain that their Rose Salve packaging is hard to open, but mine opens like a dream.. i have no problem opening it.. so i can't relate to anyone on that note.
2. Price: For what you get in this little tin, it's totally worth it. it's 5.50$, and you get 22g/ 0.8 OZ of product... and with this product a little goes a long way, so this should last quite a while depending on what you use it for.
3. Product: Alright, the moment who ever is reading this was waiting for. I use this on my lips, my cuticles, my hands.. pretty much anywhere but I normally reach for this daily as a lipbalm. I have been a faithfull Blistex fan for such a long time, which is why i was hesitant in trying this since Blistex is cheaper and I always repurchase it, but I'm so glad i tried this! because I'm never going to buy Blistex again! This has become one of my two favorite go-to lipbalms (the other being CO Bigelow's My Favorite Lipbalm)! It's smooth, and you only need a teeny bit of this for the lips, which means i wont have to repurchse this for awhile, so i'll be saving money. It smells AMAZING, kind of a vanilla sort of scent, and it lasts a long time on my lips. Some people compare it to Vaseline, which i dont think it can be because this really nourishes the lips. Some people say it's greasy, but I personally dont have that problem. I now have soft, smooth lips all the time, and dont need to slap on lipbalm every second of the day. I love the results this gave me, and when i apply it on at night, i wake up with healthy, pink, soft lips.
Do I recommend this: YES.
Will I repurchase? YES.
Go try it, it's great xx

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by xoclau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So glad my cousin recommended this to me because it saved my dry lips! I've tried Burts Bees, Nivea, Soft Lips, EOS.. but this is by far the most hydrating one yet! It lasts longer than the other ones I've tried and even if I apply it on already dry lips, it hydrates instantly, which the other ones didn't seem to do. The smell is very pleasant and comes in a little container. I only use it for my lips because that's my main concern, but I am sure it would work just as fine for cuticles and other dry areas. I wish there was a tube form for this product because I don't prefer having to dip my finger in it when I'm out, because then I would need to wash my hands before application. Overall, great product, not expensive considering the amount, great smell; will definitely be repurchasing this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i have passed this tin up for years based on the really nasty looking samplers out at bbw- it just looks like overpriced pink petroleum jelly.
but then i recently read the ingredients, and after the petroleum comes lanolin and squalane, two respectable emollients, so i bought, still not expecting much. this has saved my eternally dehydrated cracked lips and hands this winter like nothing else. it truly is a treatment for dry cracked skin, not just a cover-up. usually my cuticles are ragged and torn all winter, but not now. and my lips still feel moisturized even after the salve has worn off. the rose smell is divine, and more foody, less flowery.
the tin package is an enormous pita that i struggle to open. the lid is very tough to pull off and usually must wedge a nail all around the rim to nudge it up and off. hate it so much that i am going to depot it into something with a screw top.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's SO HARD TO OPEN. i honestly can't even say how much i like it because i haven't been able to open it enough times to use it regularly enough to SAY whether this has had a profound impact on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by amandalovesyou

I LOVE this lip balm. i got this about a month ago at bath and body works and have used it every day sense! All my other lip moisturizers were not working but this one definitely did the trick. there is nothing bad to say about it at all. GO BUY THIS PRODUCT! YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by thoughtsofasadcloud

I'm the type of girl who buys a lip balm a week and never uses it... anyways, i was picking up some candles at bath and body works and i saw this little pink tin. obviously, i couldn't resist. i didnt think i would honestly use it that much, since it comes in a tin. BOY, WAS I WRONG. this is my most used lip product and has been for the past 3 weeks. i've made quite the dent. my favorite part is the scent, and i absolutely love the texture. on my lips, it's slick (but not slippery) and SO smooth. i don't particularly like rose scents but i love this one. it's a nice change from my usual fruity, teeny-bopper lip scents! love love love this. highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!!! AHHHH it's amazing. Yes, it's a little thick, but it moisturizing amazingly well.
The packaging peeves me, though, the twist-off lid is often hard to open. But the product inside is pure gold! I apply it on my lips, my elbows, dry patches on my face, my cuticles, anywhere and everywhere I need moisture. It's great for airplanes!!