Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've worn Amazing Grace for over ten years. It's always been an enhancement to my life, so light and feminine and comfortable and just-right. My husband brought home a new bottle today from Sephora, and it's just awful. What was once a beautifully crafted floral with a touch of musk is now a cheap and common scent. I'm devastated. What do I do now, go back to wearing Jean Nate??

on 11/17/2011 9:40:00 PM

Used this product for over 10 years and then the formula changes. What was a lovely fresh scent now has a bitter drydown smell. Smells 'off'. The light musk smell used to linger on my clothes and i used to receive so many compliments. New formula - nothing. Looking for a HG fragrance. Anyone know an alternative???

on 10/20/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Two words: Heady, Ugh!

on 10/20/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been buying this for my mom the past couple of years, because she loves the scent and uses the lotion like mad. I love the way this smells in the bottle, but it settles strangely on me and I've heard others say the same. My grandmother can wear it also with no problem. It just winds up smelling waaaaaay too strong on me, and I'm a girl who likes heavy oriental and powdery scents so I can handle a lot. ;) The sharpness of this is what makes it smell good on others and terrible on me. So the point of this review is that I encourage other people to buy it and wear it so that I can enjoy it, I guess.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Here is a perfect example of what a great advertising and promotion team can do for you! You have a runaway fragrance here that is pleasant enough and quite wearable. On the other hand, and at the risk of rankling the feathers those who rise to the fight when terms like "little old lady" pop up, this fragrance smells like "little girl perfume". (And really now, is there a difference in calling out "old lady" vs. "little girl"?) So, my apologies for the gender/age comment (slur if you wish, although I beg to differ) but this Amazing Grace smells like what I would expect to find at a discount variety store where everything is "Just A Dollar" and they're pushing an end cap venue this week of: "be-all-grown-up-and-have-your-very-own-first-fragrance". A little sweet, a little light and oh (!) so very overpriced and over hyped for what it is. Smells like a little girl. Nothing wrong with that, I'd just prefer to spend my money on something a bit more interesting, what with me being antique, and all.

on 10/7/2011 3:48:00 PM

I love the smell of Amazing Grace, but have a love/hate relationship with the body lotion as the smell wears off so quick, but the perfume lasts far longer. I love it. It smells of a cross between clean laundry and talcum powder! Like you've just stepped out of a bath and got wrapped in a fluffy towel.

I hate heavy, musky or fruity scents (Thierry Mugler's Angel and anything by Guerlain, yes I'm looking at you) and this one is the polar opposite. It's just..... soft and lovely.

I also get lots of compliments when wearing it :-)

on 6/26/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love Amazing Grace. I don't really even know why. Something about it just smells so wonderful to me, I never get sick of it. I've worn it and used all the bath & body products, etc. for 10 years now, and I keep repurchasing, and I keep enjoying. It's one of the handful of fragrances my husband has ever complimented, and he requests it if given the opportunity to pick a scent for me. This is more like a "life" scent for me than perfume as a decoration. It's an easy-to-live-in, positive, happy fragrance, and I'd be glad to have it if stranded on that desert isle that commerce never reaches.

Usually don't wear perfume but I like the scent of amazing grace. I have the spray fragrance, it's my second purchase and I'm very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to purchase again. Purfume is such a personal choice but I highly recommend this scent.

on 3/28/2011 9:48:00 PM

This is a very FRESH scent...and a very CLEAN scent. I really love it; I am out now, but intend to buy some more, when I save up the MONEY...it is TOO EXPENSIVE....but I still love it.

on 3/17/2011 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Amazing Grace is a light, pleasant, flowery-musky scent that won't offend your coworkers. It's good for those days when you're not sure if you even want to wear scent. Beware, though: I found this fragrance to spoil more quickly than most, and when it spoils, it smells incredibly rancid and awful.

Popular Fragrances