Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Here is a perfect example of what a great advertising and promotion team can do for you! You have a runaway fragrance here that is pleasant enough and quite wearable. On the other hand, and at the risk of rankling the feathers those who rise to the fight when terms like "little old lady" pop up, this fragrance smells like "little girl perfume". (And really now, is there a difference in calling out "old lady" vs. "little girl"?) So, my apologies for the gender/age comment (slur if you wish, although I beg to differ) but this Amazing Grace smells like what I would expect to find at a discount variety store where everything is "Just A Dollar" and they're pushing an end cap venue this week of: "be-all-grown-up-and-have-your-very-own-first-fragrance". A little sweet, a little light and oh (!) so very overpriced and over hyped for what it is. Smells like a little girl. Nothing wrong with that, I'd just prefer to spend my money on something a bit more interesting, what with me being antique, and all.

on 10/7/2011 3:48:00 PM

I love the smell of Amazing Grace, but have a love/hate relationship with the body lotion as the smell wears off so quick, but the perfume lasts far longer. I love it. It smells of a cross between clean laundry and talcum powder! Like you've just stepped out of a bath and got wrapped in a fluffy towel.

I hate heavy, musky or fruity scents (Thierry Mugler's Angel and anything by Guerlain, yes I'm looking at you) and this one is the polar opposite. It's just..... soft and lovely.

I also get lots of compliments when wearing it :-)

on 6/26/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love Amazing Grace. I don't really even know why. Something about it just smells so wonderful to me, I never get sick of it. I've worn it and used all the bath & body products, etc. for 10 years now, and I keep repurchasing, and I keep enjoying. It's one of the handful of fragrances my husband has ever complimented, and he requests it if given the opportunity to pick a scent for me. This is more like a "life" scent for me than perfume as a decoration. It's an easy-to-live-in, positive, happy fragrance, and I'd be glad to have it if stranded on that desert isle that commerce never reaches.

Usually don't wear perfume but I like the scent of amazing grace. I have the spray fragrance, it's my second purchase and I'm very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to purchase again. Purfume is such a personal choice but I highly recommend this scent.

on 3/28/2011 9:48:00 PM

This is a very FRESH scent...and a very CLEAN scent. I really love it; I am out now, but intend to buy some more, when I save up the MONEY...it is TOO EXPENSIVE....but I still love it.

on 3/17/2011 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Amazing Grace is a light, pleasant, flowery-musky scent that won't offend your coworkers. It's good for those days when you're not sure if you even want to wear scent. Beware, though: I found this fragrance to spoil more quickly than most, and when it spoils, it smells incredibly rancid and awful.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I always have this on hand in one form or another - the three in one, the hydrating spray, the EDP - it's just a nice light clean go-to scent. I wear it a lot in the summer in New Orleans, because anything even remotely heavy here is just too much. It's not a WOW fragrance, but I find it soft and light, and I have garnered compliments on it. I feel naked without some sort of fragrance, so this is what i wear when i want something light, fresh and clean without an overwhelming fruit smell. On me, I smell just-showered.

on 2/8/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to like this. I really, really wanted to. Was hoping that those who reviewed and did not like it didn't know what they were talking about. I should have listened. My husband HATES it, my teenage son HATES it, and frankly, I HATE it. It just doesn't smell good at all. My best comparison is an "old lady scent" - and not the "just-baked-cookies-smell"...more like the stale floral powdery-smell. I have totally wasted my money and time waiting to get this cologne delivered.

on 1/14/2011 5:40:00 PM

I bought this perfume along with shower gel, shampoo and conditoner and body butter from QVC. at first i love the smell because its soft and clean but after about a month of using it i just got headache and the perfume doesnt smell as fresh as it was. Maybe i didnt store it properly, maybe not. My advice is try this on your skin for about a week and see weather u still love it or not. cus i swear sometimes it smells like fart (especially when its not fresh anymore).

on 1/13/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

EXCELLENT SCENT - I get alot of compliments everytime I wear this.

Popular Fragrances