December 19, 2014 | 1415 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Instant Nail Enhancer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this! I am very surprised at how long my nails are getting. For me, they are stonger and look fantastic. I am a nurse and wash my hands all the time and this stuff still looks good at the end of the day. I highly recommend it. I apply it after every shower and it dries instantly. I have only tried the pearl sheen. It looks clear to me, but I haven't tried the other version. There is no odor in my opinion. Very nice shiny nail. It isn't that expensive because the bottle lasts a long time. I paid $7 on drugstore.com. I am surprisedit doesn't have higher ratings.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2007 7:39:00 AM More reviews by schlensu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very healthy nails that I wear bare, so I thought this would be interesting to try. The Pearl sheen looks great. It doesn't last long, but considering it's not a true nail polish and is supposed to be healthier for your nails, I'm not too disappointed. (Just don't apply it right before you do the dishes!) It dries in a flash, and when I need my nails to look a bit more "jazzy" I can swipe this on right before I head out the door. I've had no problems whatsoever with the applicator. I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There were only a few things I liked about this product 1 was that it made my nails look nice and neat 2 was I liked how easy it was to apply, but it actually seemed to weaken my nails. Wouldn't purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by shbea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, at first i hated this stuff, because it was mis-represented. I expected a just buffed glow, not so, well maybe for an hour but thats it. T

he next day i put a basecoat of regular polish and nailcolor over and it lasted 6 days!! I thought it was a one time thing, but next week when i didn't have this stuff under the basecoat, they peeled by about day 3. I tried it again, neutrogena, then waited 24 hours and did regular nail polish routine. Wow. This stuff does something that makes them not peel. it is a great product, but needs to be marketed differently

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2006 10:00:00 AM More reviews by modern_classic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was underwhelmed with this product. It didn't improve the appearance of my nails much (they're naturally pretty white and smooth). I didn't experience any strengthening of the nails and the treatment actually peeled off in places after a few days, requiring me to use polish remover to get it off. What's the point?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awesome, awesome, awesome. I keep my nails short and don't bite them, so they tend to be in fine shape and there are no major strength issues. BUT since I've started using this my nails have gone from nice and strong to crazy crazy strong. But what's more important to me is the aesthetic benefit...before I tried this, I thought my nails looked "fine"...they were clean and cut, so whatever. Now I actually have GOOD NAILS that I want people to see because they make me look exceptionally well groomed and healthy--and funny, I still don't do anything to them but cut them and spend all of 5 seconds slapping this on whenever I think of it. I don't understand it, but this product alone makes it look like I've had a manicure--a real manicure, filing and shaping and cuticle stuff and everything, not just clear nail polish....baffling. Anyway, I will never look back. I will use this on my nails for the rest of my life and thus they shall always look squeaky-clean and gorgeous. I am using Pearl Shine right now and it's a lovely effect, but I want to try Buffed too because I like matteness and Buffed is super cheap on Amazon. Anyway, enough of this, but do you get it? This is AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I am in LOVE with this product. I have thin, weak, nails that are forever chipping and breaking.I purchased this product and used it daily faithfully for two weeks and I now have long, hard as diamond nails.I'm not kidding.I actually got a manicure with my own nails for the first time in my life last week.My manicurist commented on how hard my nails. I totally reccomend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2006 12:44:00 PM More reviews by orisha_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

After many years of awful, weak nails I finally managed to whip them into shape using OPI Nail Envy. But I'm a sucker for a bargain, so when I saw this in a shop for just 1, I had to try it. This is a "does what it says on the box" product. If you can't be bothered putting polish on, this is ideal for a quick fix. But I just don't feel it offers enough protection for my nails - I like the security of having a tough polish barrier to protect my nails from knocks and scrapes. What I have found though is that this stuff has an amazing effect on my nail tips - it almost bleaches them, making them looks super white and sparkly clean. I don't like the obvious french manicure painted white tips, they look so fake, but this product creates natural looking white nail tips. So now I put it on under my nail envy, and they make a good team, I think. I'll buy again because it's so cheap, and because the packaging is very crisp and clinical looking, which I like.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2006 5:51:00 PM More reviews by LOLA562

i got this as a free gift with the neutrogena moistureshine lip soother for 5.99 at target. i really needed help with my nails because i had recently got my nails done with fake tips and took them all off which left my nails in bad conditon, they had taken off the whole top layer of my natural nail, u could see the peeling going on and my nails were paper thin. so far this product has worked well in covering up the peeling. i use the clear one, i think its called buffed sheen, and i apply it everyday. even though its clear its helped cover up the rough texture and peeling of my natural nail. the bottle is great cuz i can carry it around in my purse. my nails do look more buffed and healthy. im still not sure if this has made my nails any stronger because theyre really short.the smell is fine too. to be honest i only got it cuz it came free with the lip gloss. but the price is too much for such a little thing. i heard its about 8.00 dollars or something. nuh uh wouldnt buy it for THAT much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by jg722

I love this product! I have it in the Buff shade. I'm not the type of person to go somewhere to get manicures, I just take care of my nails at home. If I don't keep polish on my nails, they peel, crack, and break, and pretty much never get long. I like my nails to look natural, so I've only used clear nail polish in the past. Before I used this, I used OPI's Nail Envy. I will never buy Nail Envy again! Neutrogena's looks so much more natural than clear nail polish. My nails just look healthy and clean when I have this on. Another thing I love about this is that you don't have to worry about taking it off with nail polish remover, it just gradually washes off. It can be taken off with remover if you'd like, and you can also put many layers of it on. It puts a plastic-like coating on nails that keeps them just as healthy as when I use clear polish. It also has no offensive smells like polishes, and you don't have to worry about spilling since it comes with a brush dispenser. I love this, and recommend it to anyone wanting healthy nails!