July 23, 2014 | 1283 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by zeebraheem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of E.L.F. products so for $1 I thought I would try this powder. I got it in 'light beige' although I have quite tan skin but the color worked perfectly. I used it to set my liquid foundation. The powder was just okay, until I dropped it. I used it for a few days without re-pressing it and the texture just completely changed. It was so dense and became cakey so I just through it out since it was so cheap no big deal. I replaced it with a powder that I could use as a light light coverage foundation or use to set liquid foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Hayyleyyissmee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder! I've been using this for about a year now, and honestly, when I first started using it, I thought that I was gonna run out of it in no time, but I've hardly made a dent in it. I got this in light beige, thinking that it was gonna be too light for my medium toned complexion, but it's actually a great match! I love using it with both a brush and a puff. I think applying it with a powder brush gives a more light application, while applying it with a puff gives a whole lot more coverage and matifys super well! For a dollar, you really can't go wrong, and it works just as well as some of the higher-end powders out there! I'd recommend it to anybody out there looking for a great all-around face powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up the powder in Ivory on a kind of whim; I figured, for a dollar, why not just try it? Well, I am very pleasantly surprised. Yes, the packaging is cheap plastic, yes, the puff isn't the most luxurious. But people, it is a dollar! What are you expecting? The shade, Ivory, is a surprisingly good match for my approximately NC15 coloring. It has a yellow tone to it that goes well with my skin. I find the puff adequate for its purpose. Using the puff gives heavier coverage than dusting it on with a brush. Actually, I find that, using the puff, I can almost use it as a powder foundation. The finish is nicely matte, holds back the oil for about as long as any other powder I've ever used. There is no scent, which is great. Overall, a great little item. I suppose there are likely to be a few shades that aren't great at this price point. Then again, at much higher prices, there are bad shades as well. I have found Clinique foundation and powder shades to be WAAAAY too peach or orange, almost across the whole gamut of their product lines. If you can find a shade that suits you in this E.L.F. line, it's a great steal.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good powder and a steal too! I have this in the shade "Spice". I had this for a while and I began using this when I misplaced my setting powder.

This sets foundation nicely without giving an overly matte and chalky finish when used with a fluffy powder brush. It does not settle into lines and adds a little coverage as well. It is relatively small and finishes pretty quickly. I dont use the puff and the packaging is not much to talk about. Very basic- Cheap plastic, puff included with no mirror. But I still appreciate it to some extent because it is small and compact for clutch purse.

I'm not too loyal with pressed powders but I'm positive I'll get this again because of the quality given for price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

I love this powder. I use it to set my liquid foundation. It works very well and lasts for a long period of time. It isn't too cakey or greasy. The best thing about this product is that it was only 1 dollar! I will be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by jenyabunney

This is my favorite powder I've ever used hands down. I have oily skin, large pores, minor blemishes, and this seamlessly covers everything.
Though the coloring is a bit off, I am a light beige during the summer with a tan, I still have a sun kissed glow when using this powder.

One compact lasts me at least 3 months. Not bad for $1.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by DianaBbyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For one dollar I gotta say this product is pretty great. I got this when I first started using make up. It cover well & i didnt get oily. BUT it did settle in my creases & gets cakey which i dont like. also packaging sucks its cheap but thats what you get for a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this poweder! I alternate between using this as my base powder (since I don't usually wear foundation) or the top powder to set everything in (concealer, bronzer, blush, etc). This gives such a smooth, flawless look to my skin. It's a must have, and for such an inexpensive price is awesome! I have mine in Honey, and it works perfectly on my tan summer skin, but also in my slightly paler winter skin. This has a lovely matte finish without looking cakey. I thoroughly reccomend this. Be careful not to get too much on. If you do have a spot on your face where a lot of the makeup has gathered, the container actually comes with a small little makeup powder pad. When I press it against the powder, it removes any excess. Perfect! This can also be used to even out uneven bronzing or blush, or when bronzer is too heavy in a certain spot on your face. An amazing product at an amazing price. What more could you ask for? As for all the negative reviews, it's all about application, skin tone, and brush. I usually use my Elf Total Face brush with it. The Elf Total Face Brush picks up product like no other brush! If you don't apply the product lightly and evenly, you'll end up looking spotty. Be careful not to apply TOO lightly or the product will seemingly do nothing! There aren't many colors to choose from, so there could be a chance that these colors are just not fit for your skin tone. If someone with super tan skin is using the palest color, then hello, it's bound to not look good. But above all, USE A BRUSH THAT PICKS UP A LOT OF POWDER! While you're buying the powder, why not purchase the Elf Total Face brush for just one dollar more? Only two dollars for an expert look.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by rikasalvador

very cheap, deceiving color. very pale.
basically, you get what you pay for.
I just needed cover-up as a one nightie thing, it worked barely. Wouldn't recommend it for long term use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Ivory, and use it to set my concealer and foundation. It provides a nice coverage on its own, too! It gives a nice finish to my foundation, mattifying any oiliness I have, which is usually extremely minimal. It works on my dry skin fine, not accentuating an dry spots. The packaging has broken a few times, but for a dollar, I'm not complaining. I will repurchase, since it works well and is very inexpensive.