September 2, 2014 | 1681 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer in Nude

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Liquid foundations usually dry out my skin or cause uncontrolled oiliness. After reading MUA about tinted moisturizers, I decided to give one a try for no-makeup days. This tinted moisturizer gives me just enough moisture and coverage to fit the bill very well.

This moisturizer is not liquidy, but is more gel-like, but don't let the thickness of it fool you because it's really sheer. Application is the key to getting this to look fabulous. I use my Sephora foundation brush to apply it, blend it with my fingertips, and then dust it with powder. It blends quickly and easily, and has saved me a ton of time off my normal makeup routine. If you don't blend it, or if you pack it on, it will look cakey.

I apply a bit more to my dry flaky areas (my cheeks and chin) and all my flakyness is completely gone now! It looks great and lasts all day. It has SPF 15, and wears well in the sun. -1 lippie for it rubbing off fairly easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well I quite like this, obviously it isn't the best most high quality product in this category out there, but then for the price you don't expect it to be either. I was looking for really cheap foundation or TM to use on casual days, to run errands, take the kids to the park etc. My HGs are Vichy's Lumineuse and Select Tint which I looove! But both are a bit pricey, well the Lumineuse is actually a very good price only 12 euros, but I was looking for something REALLY cheap, so I could still look good and even-toned when I was going out but I wasn't really going to see anyone. In Europe, where appearance and looking elegant are everything, makeup is NOT cheap and there are practically NO foundations/TMs available for less than 12 euros in any brands. So I was just so pleased to be able to try out this WnW. For the price I think this is really good. I wanted a darker shade since I have such yucky dull brown-coloured skin (well NC30-NC40 depending on how hot the sun is) but this was the only shade available, so I got it. It really didn't look too pale when I used it, it looked pale when I first put it on but it is sheer so it blended really well and mixed with my natural skin colour and disappeared into it, so it didn't look a different colour, it was also the exact same colour as my neck (my face is unfortunately darker than my neck, due to the fact that I have such sensitive reactive facial skin that I often couldn't use a good sunscreen on my face). I didn't find it too orangey like many other reviewers did, I don't know if maybe I am just the fortunate possessor of oompa-loompa skin, or if the formula is different in the European version (which is made in Germany I think). It actually spread on quite smoothly and lightly, the texture was rather like a mousse, light and creamy but easy to apply. I used my fingers and then smoothed over it with a sponge. Very beautiful coverage, maybe slightly more than Lumineuse or Select Tint but it doesn't look masklike or thick or unnatural, in fact I think I don't even look like I have any makeup on. It gives a dewy finish, maybe even a bit TOO dewy as in greasy, but a little bit of powder takes care of all that and powder is just so easy to apply. (I like to use Blot Powder.) I don't know if it gives breakouts, I've only used it once so far, so far I like it and I plan on using it some more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by frankenstain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this because I wanted a tinted moisturizer to wear to the gym but still have an even complexion and also something cheap. This turned out to be more like a foundation than a tinted moisturizer but thats fine. I like the coverage but it is way too orange for me. The packaging is deceiving because the tube is frosted so it looks much lighter than it really is. When I get tanner I'll use this but until then I'm still on the lookout.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by LeaveYourLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence with this product. I bought it a few days ago, at first i liked the coverage but it's so thick i hate the texture! it leaves my skin gross. BUT if you only use a little bit and apply with a sponge it can look decent. I'll probably contirnue to use this sparringly of course but will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by MSAries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have problem skin...acne-prone, clogged, lots of old acne marks, some spots from sundamage from my teens & 20s, and I find it hard to match my skintone in many brands of foundations. The closest I've found to an HG foundation is MUFE Mat Velvet (I use this in 20 or 30), but I find it's rather heavy so I use it only for special occasions like going out at night. Recently I've been trying out other foundations (I used BE for years) such as Everyday Minerals, MAC, and some drugstore brands. I keep coming back to this product!!! Does it cover everything? No. Does it offer any substantial sun protection? Nope. But it evens out my skintone, blends in very nicely, and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a mask. I have this in 3 shades (181-Nude, 182-Natural & 183-Sun Kissed) and use them all at various times during the year depending on my skintone. The cap is a PITA, but the squeeze bottle is nice. In looking at the reviews, it seems like this might work better for more, ahem....mature skin, not for some younger women...I don't know, just an observation! :) I haven't found that this clogs my pores any more than anything else. And for the price, it just can't be beat.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by channierose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

let me start out by saying how much i love wnw. i've been a faithful user of their blush and lipsticks for years, and have started to get into eyeshadows as well.
let me also say that i'm not normally a foundation wearer. i just needed something for an informal photo shoot my friends and i are doing, and needed it cheap. well this was not it.

this crap was awful. i'm returning it the second i have time. i tested it out in the store, and it looked fine. when i got it home and applied it all over my face in natural daylight, i looked:

1. shiny

2. orange

3. cakey

how can one look shiny AND cakey at the same time? only heaven knows, but it happened. it was obvious and artificial looking, and it also doesn't apply well. like others have said, it was like a mask. the weirdest part - i had some excess on my fingers, and rubbed them together a few times to feel the consistency. the foundation started to PILL in my hands! gross!

i really like wnw and wanted to rate this product well, but i just can't. unfortunately with this, you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by icesk8ter326

I hated it! It looks so obvious that you have it on. It has talc in it. It has oil in it. It just cakes on your skin and looks bad. I don't recommend this product and I am never using it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by glimmering

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a great product. I picked this up at a local drugstore for super cheap (less than $3 USD, I think) and was pleasantly surprised at what a creamy, moisturizing product this is. It's a tinted moisturizer, but it gives as much coverage as many other foundations, yet without that heavy, cakey look. It sits very comfortably on my dry, 40ish face, looks lovely and natural, and the the dewy finish makes me look younger, I think. :) It doesn't completely cover some discolorations, but it makes me look so nice that I don't care. I look natural, but with soft, glowing skin. Fabulous. Nude is the lightest shade (I think), and while a reasonably decent match for my very pale face, is a few shades too dark on my throat, requiring either a lot of judicious blending or diluting with some of my Dior foundations that are a better color match (010). I don't mind the packaging, which is a small plastic squeeze bottle, but I wish the cap was a flip top rather than a screw top. The bottle can't stand on its own, so you have to squeeze out a dose and then juggle to cap it with the makeup running down your finger.

I'm not sure if Wet 'N' Wild Ultimate Sheer TM is my HG, but it's a reliable standby and one I automatically go to when I need to look my best. I'm so scared they'll discontinue it that when I found the drugstore had stopped carrying Wet 'N' Wild products, I searched all over town and bought six bottles when I finally found it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this- First, I'm a h/e snob and not much of a d/s person unless it's mascara or a true d/s gem. I've tried tons of d/s thing before going h/e, and most of the d/s foundations broke me out, or the colors didn't show up, etc. Anyway, I must be one of the lucky ones because Nude fits my NC20-25 skin perfectly. I agree with everyone else, this is NOT a TM...it's more like a mix between that and a sheer foundation. It's pretty thick, too. The packaging does suck, and the cap is hard to put back on (sometimes it tilts and stuff and it doesn't go on right). It smells cheap and nasty too---------------------------So why the 4 lippies and a yes that I'd buy it again? Well how could I not? It really does cover very well, packaging and initial product smell aside. It evens out my skin tone perfectly. It also is cheap enough to buy one for every purse and have it on hand just in case. I love products that work and are inexpensive enough to buy multiples of and have one wherever I need it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is so sheer it really doesn't cover anything & doesn't leave a very nice finish. I wasn't impressed & won't repurchase