October 26, 2014 | 1227 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Niagara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this (along with Orgasm blush) when I got a gift card for Sephora from my BF. I wanted Niagara for a long, long time but couldn't justify spending 30 dollars on one tube of lipstick. Turns out, I shouldn't have. This is nothing special on me. I think it's mostly because my lips are really pigmented (like, really) and in order to achieve the pretty, soft coral lip that I had seen on others wearing Niagara, I would need to have paler lips or wear this lipstick over a concealer. On me, it looks rather dark and orange. Not bright at all. It's a bit sheer, so I guess it's my natural lip colour (dark pink) showing through. Otherwise, the consistency is nice, not drying. It doesn't last particularly long on my lips, but I don't really care about that aspect. I don't find myself reaching for this lipstick often, if at all. Sad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is my first coral lipstick ever. I was never drawn to coral as a color, and the fact that people associate coral-colored cosmetics with grannies didn't help. Niagara is a bright pinkish coral, similar to NARS Frisky Summer lipgloss. I usually apply Niagara over lipliner and blot and top with gloss. It's pretty bright, but definitely not neon or orange. A good starter coral, and the formula is moisturizing and pigmented. I'll be wearing this a lot during the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by westinflorida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start with saying that I choked when I heard that coral was the "in" color for spring. When I thought of coral, I thought ORANGE! I don't do corals...or didn't! This color has completely changed my opinion of what I can and can't wear. I purchased this solely based on reviews since I don't have a NARS counter nearby. IMO, those rave reviews are spot on! This color is such a beautiful shade of bright pink (a lovely, happy shade - not an obnoxious bright), with enough coral to make it a perfect summer pick for most every skin tone. Who would have thought?? I wish the price was a little more affordable, but I honestly don't know of a dupe for this color and creamy formula. Yes, it is worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I was never much a lipstick kinda girl, any product (including lip balm) applied NEVER stayed on my lips for longer then 30 min. And secondly when lip color was needed I ALWAYS bought lipsticks from the drugstore, I just couldn't understand the idea of splurging on some lip color in a small tube! Until recently I've changed my mind, and its because of this product. NARS Niagara is the first lipstick I purchased not of the drugstore brand. Now I understand why girls would splurge. I really wouldn't have thought it, but this pinky coral type of shade was very becoming on my lips. I usually went for the berry shades and definitely stayed away from the corals because they never matched my skin tone. This lip color just brightens up my face and makes it look more alive. If I had to choose only 3 products to use on my face this would be one of them along with concealer and mascara. SERIOUSLY this is HG material for me. The packaging is great too, as for staying power its a bit average but I don't mind reapplying I feel a bit sexy doing it anyway! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this color a few weeks ago and my Hubby loves it on me. Says it's one of his favorite. I don't find it to dry out my lips but When I don't have lipstick on I am applying chap stick constantly. I am debating on getting a few back ups of this.. I think it's limited edition to the spring collection but I am not sure. You should try this product for sure. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

I'm actually not a coral lipstick kinda girl but Niagara completely converted me; that's how much I like it. It's a beautiful pinky coral and it's pretty buildable. I apply only one layer for day time look and layer it for a night out. The formula is non drying yet long lasting. Niagara is one of my fave lipsticks from Nars. Two thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by redgummybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

If possible, I would give this product a 3.5 but chose to round down.

I hate to rain on the Niagara parade, but although I like Niagara, it is not my fav. Once on my lips, the colour is much more of a bright pink with the tiniest touch of coral. I was hoping for much more coral, like it looks in the tube and in some swatches I've seen. Disappointment in the shade, combined with an aversion toward bright lipsticks in general, means I do not reach for Niagara that often. When I do reach for it, I always expect coral and am reminded of just how surprisingly pink it is.

The packaging is nice, that typical NARS rubbery feel, and the pigmentation is impressive. The smell is horrendous.

This product loses points for the awful smell and for pulling very, very pink on my lips. With just one of those, I might have rounded up to a 4, but with both... Sorry, Niagara!

For reference, I am NC25, neutral leaning toward warm.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really have not much to add to the descriptions below, except that this is one beautiful lipstick and definitely a staple in my collection. I am very partial to all types of coral lippies, and this is no exception (although this is not a true coral). Makes my lips look bigger and freshens up my face. As it wears off, it leaves a gorgeous natural-looking stain on the lips. Definitely one of my HG lippies and a staple in my lipstick stash! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have 3 backsups of this lippie. They are not cheap but well worth the price.

The color of Niagra is a mix of pink/coral/peach.. so subtle and yet so striking. This color has worked with my platinumy hair.. and now it REALLY WORKS with my Red thing hair... I love this color and there are no dupes that I know of -- besides, I would not change for a cheaper dupe since I already know how great this is.

Try it on and see how it picks up the best of any coloring -- I tried it on my mother who has gey hair and on my sister who has golden brown hair and it works~!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by miumiujune

This is a great lip stick. I have some YSL lipsticks, i must say this one is almost the same quality as ysl rouge volupte collection. it is pinkish coral, and it shows the exactly color in my lips. it is also moisturing, cover a little bit the lip lines. Love it!!