April 17, 2014 | 881 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Niagara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I was never much a lipstick kinda girl, any product (including lip balm) applied NEVER stayed on my lips for longer then 30 min. And secondly when lip color was needed I ALWAYS bought lipsticks from the drugstore, I just couldn't understand the idea of splurging on some lip color in a small tube! Until recently I've changed my mind, and its because of this product. NARS Niagara is the first lipstick I purchased not of the drugstore brand. Now I understand why girls would splurge. I really wouldn't have thought it, but this pinky coral type of shade was very becoming on my lips. I usually went for the berry shades and definitely stayed away from the corals because they never matched my skin tone. This lip color just brightens up my face and makes it look more alive. If I had to choose only 3 products to use on my face this would be one of them along with concealer and mascara. SERIOUSLY this is HG material for me. The packaging is great too, as for staying power its a bit average but I don't mind reapplying I feel a bit sexy doing it anyway! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this color a few weeks ago and my Hubby loves it on me. Says it's one of his favorite. I don't find it to dry out my lips but When I don't have lipstick on I am applying chap stick constantly. I am debating on getting a few back ups of this.. I think it's limited edition to the spring collection but I am not sure. You should try this product for sure. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

I'm actually not a coral lipstick kinda girl but Niagara completely converted me; that's how much I like it. It's a beautiful pinky coral and it's pretty buildable. I apply only one layer for day time look and layer it for a night out. The formula is non drying yet long lasting. Niagara is one of my fave lipsticks from Nars. Two thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by redgummybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

If possible, I would give this product a 3.5 but chose to round down.

I hate to rain on the Niagara parade, but although I like Niagara, it is not my fav. Once on my lips, the colour is much more of a bright pink with the tiniest touch of coral. I was hoping for much more coral, like it looks in the tube and in some swatches I've seen. Disappointment in the shade, combined with an aversion toward bright lipsticks in general, means I do not reach for Niagara that often. When I do reach for it, I always expect coral and am reminded of just how surprisingly pink it is.

The packaging is nice, that typical NARS rubbery feel, and the pigmentation is impressive. The smell is horrendous.

This product loses points for the awful smell and for pulling very, very pink on my lips. With just one of those, I might have rounded up to a 4, but with both... Sorry, Niagara!

For reference, I am NC25, neutral leaning toward warm.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really have not much to add to the descriptions below, except that this is one beautiful lipstick and definitely a staple in my collection. I am very partial to all types of coral lippies, and this is no exception (although this is not a true coral). Makes my lips look bigger and freshens up my face. As it wears off, it leaves a gorgeous natural-looking stain on the lips. Definitely one of my HG lippies and a staple in my lipstick stash! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have 3 backsups of this lippie. They are not cheap but well worth the price.

The color of Niagra is a mix of pink/coral/peach.. so subtle and yet so striking. This color has worked with my platinumy hair.. and now it REALLY WORKS with my Red thing hair... I love this color and there are no dupes that I know of -- besides, I would not change for a cheaper dupe since I already know how great this is.

Try it on and see how it picks up the best of any coloring -- I tried it on my mother who has gey hair and on my sister who has golden brown hair and it works~!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by miumiujune

This is a great lip stick. I have some YSL lipsticks, i must say this one is almost the same quality as ysl rouge volupte collection. it is pinkish coral, and it shows the exactly color in my lips. it is also moisturing, cover a little bit the lip lines. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I haven't reviewed Niagara before now, as it is one of my all-time favorites and the only NARS lippie I own, but oh well :/ I am a huge fan of corals & pinks and this color fits the bill in both ways. I would say it leans more to the pinker spectrum, but definitely has that coral undertone that is too orangey in so many other l/s. On my lips I have to pre-moisturize & also use a lip base; but that's a given for me w/ any l/s, so I don't blame NARS. (It's not uncomfortable w/o it, but eventually they all dry out my lips.) Niagara pops my whole look, no matter what eye color I'm doing, although I usually keep to a neutral look with it, as it is a bright shade & will be a take-over color for some of you. I apply it straight from the tube, but you could get a softer effect blurring it on with your finger or dabbing a small bit with a lip brush. I keep a backup in my stash & like to wear it year round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was interested in this lippie after seeing pics of MAC's Strawberry Blonde and hearing that this was very similar. I have never used Strawberry Blonde, so I can't compare the two, but Niagara is really beautiful. Niagara is a very pretty pinky coral color. Most corals I have tried are too warm or have too strong of an orange undertone to look nice on me, but this is not the case with Niagara. (I am PPP with cool tones; I wear the lightest B/R Px shade, Camellia). It applies smoothly, evenly, doesn't have a nasty smell or taste, and lasts for hours. This is a wonderful spring/summer shade to add just a hint of warmth to your lips. The finish seems fairly matte although it classified as a Satin. I also don't find it to be too drying, which has been the case with some of the other NARS lippies I have tried. If you are looking for a coral or a pink with a hint of warmth, Niagara is probably for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

This lipstick seriously deserves the high rating it has. It is a beautiful peachy-pink coral that has everything I look for in a lipstick. It has great staying power; I went out for drinks wearing this tonight and it stayed put the entire time. It has a satin finish too, which means it isn't drying at all, and it has a nice sheen to it which is half way between matte and glossy. I think the color is abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous on my NC20/25 skin; it gives me an amazing color without being overpoweringly bright. This was an impulse buy at the NARS counter, as after seeing the amazing color on me I simply had to have it. I will most definitely be purchasing again as it is one of my favorite lippies of the summer. Check it out, I think you willl have the same reaction I did.