September 23, 2014 | 2006 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by grayeyes043

Absolutely love this shimmer brick....looks amazing with pink/corally/reddish blush.
I absolutely love to pair this with my mac ambering rose blush, nars gilda, and nars sin.
I totally recommend this highlighter for darker skin people....its great for all skin tones.
I absoutley adore this highlighter....totally on par with my christian dior copper diamond highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Looks great as a blush on my friend's very fair, cool-toned skin. Bobbi says this about it: "creates a soft, rosy glow. Works well with neutral, pink and rose blush shades." Love the big mirror in the case.

CONS: A little pricey, but you need so very little that this will probably last her years. Can be very shimmery if you're not careful; you had better want at least some shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Absolutely gorgeous, and very versatile too. It's a blend of a few cool pink shades, from light and rosey to more brown-based. There's also a strip of white. I swirl all the colour together to use as a blush, and then sweep the white on as a highlighter. The overall result reminds me a lot of MAC's Blonde MSF, one of my true HG products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 6:10:00 AM More reviews by mylo008008

Absolute love. Gives the skin a sexy and healthy looking glow. It is meant to be used over blush but i think its beautiful on its own. So much better than nars orgasm its hilarious, but also better than any blush Ive ever tried. The powder itself is very soft and nice. Very buildable and it can also be used as a bronzer, blush, and or highlight. But i prefer to sweep my brush through all the colors and use it as blush. The result is gorgeous. Its a little pricey at $40 but it will last a long time, and to me its worth it rather than spending $10 here or $20 there on random blushes trying to find the right one. I really cant find anything that comes close to this products awesomeness. The packaging is nice with a simple and clean square shape and shiny black plastic. I would die if i dropped it because i think it would break easily. Thats really the only drawback i can think of. Rose has a strip of a white highlight color, 2 strips of a bronzy color and 2 strips of pink but the compact as a whole has a pink sheen to it. It seems like it would be a good match for most skin tones but there is a range of 6 colors to choose from if you decide this color isn't right for you:)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish the packaging was a little less clunky! But the colour is great. I use this without blush, simply because I like this colour. I think it's really pretty and doesn't need any extra blush with it. I like how it can be used as eyeshadow as well. I got it fairly cheap so I am happy with how it performs. Before I bought it I assumed it WAS a blush... I should really look products up before I impulse buy! Sometimes I only swipe my brush through the darker, or lighter colours to change the shade as well. On my pale skin it looks striking and pretty. Definitely a great buy and I guess if I ever ran out (which probably wont happen) I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by rawcus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this product. I can't imagine I'd ever need to buy it again - have used it almost daily for over 6 months and I can't even see a dent! A quick swirl (I just use a normal blusher brush) and I sweep it over my cheeks and I look about 10 years younger. Doesn't stay on long enough when I have no foundation on, but grips like anything to a good foundation (I use Clinique). It's pink and soft and shimmery but in a healthy glow way, without glitter, and it doesn't break me out. As I'm quite pale this colour is way more becoming than a bronzer.

The packaging is to die for. Large mirror, classy compact. Yes it's big but it just sits on my bathroom shelf. Would love to buy the BB bronzer brush as I reckon it would go on even better with that - waiting for next pay day! It is pricey but ask for it for a present, and you will never need another bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 6:15:00 AM More reviews by primper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that this is not pigmented enough to use alone, because this is basically an illuminiser with a hint of colour, but BOY is it a cracker!! One light sweep over your cheekbones gives you a fresh glow for every day, but if you load it up a bit, you get a sexy, glamorous, glossy cheek for night! I also love to sweep a tiny bit over my eyeshadow for an extra bit of glow, and the lighter shades can be used as highlighter for under the brow, cupids bow ect. Unlike some similar products, this gives a glowy, subtle shimmer- NEVER GLITTERY! The one thing I will say that those with dry skin, large pores or any spots over the cheeks should steer clear, as this will catch on and really highlight any imperfections it gets near. Love love LOVE.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by georginaflower

This colour is gorgeous, the highlighter bit gives it a lovely shimmer. The packaging is lovely and has a mirror in the top. It is expensive but worth it if your pores are very small. Mine aren't and i think it draws attention to them so i wont be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

Gives a beautiful soft candlelight glow when used over pink/rose blushers that's unlike the gritty look of MAC MSFs (though I love them too). The pearlescent sheen is to die for and makes me look healthy and dewy. Received many compliments with this on. I like to use it alone for a sheer translucent glow in the day or over a blusher for a night time look. Looks pretty in flash photography too. Not for oily skins though, the sheen emphasises on pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have fair skin so on me, the Rose has decent pigmentation. Its very natural looking and the shimmer is subtle. I use this as a blush and it works well. You have to build the color however, at first swipe, its not highly pigmented. I have to sweep the color a few times to get the desired look. I would buy it again although I can't imagine ever using up the one I have now!