April 18, 2014 | 1599 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Im wearing only very natural colurs on my lips and this is my MLBB colour.
For reference, Im a NC20/BB sand with neutral olive skin and very pigmented lips.
This is my everyday color and just a flattering, nice colour which makes your lips look polished and healthy.
I read an interview with a make-up-artist and he said, that a really flattering lipstick looks good even when you wear no make-up at all. And this is so true. Anyway, I bought this one with a light make-up on and tested several colours on the MAC counter.
It was a good pick and can be worn with a neutral eye make-up. When wearing a darker eye make-up I prefer honey love from MAC, which is my nude lip colour.
If you got very pigmented lips, you should test this colour as
a possible MLBB colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Spectrael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A nice neutral colour, nothing too harsh and is nice for everyday use. I noticed that if you have any dry skin at all on your lips it's going to accentuate it for sure. So make sure to exfoliate before you use this. I found it didn't glide on very nicely on its own, so I put some chapstick underneath it. Stays on for a decent amount of time as well. It does have a sweet scent to it, a bit vanilla like. I likely won't be repurchasing this, because there is probably a dupe out there that's a lot more affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by spissy

I bought this lipstick on a whim when I was in Budapest. The color is a beautiful beigebrownish- pink. It is perfect for everyday wear. I use this one on almost a daily basis with whirl lipliner from mac. Nice combo. The only thing about this satin lipstick is that it feels a little bit drying, so it is nice to have a gloss on top. I use a littlebit of a clear gloss on top of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this color after watching some youtube videos on reviewers that loved this color. It looked so pretty in the tube, I wanted to give it a whirl. This color is a pretty nude pink on my lips with slightly warm undertones. The formula is a bit drying for my lips compared to other MAC satin lipsticks I own. But the color just works with my skin to give me a very finished polished look. Then while reaching for this color this morning, I realized this was my second tube. I actually owned this color without realizing it! I know why I never reached for it -- I was always hesitant about these types of colors on my pigmented uneven lips. Using a matching lipliner or one that is slightly dark helps a lot. I also love mixing this with peachstock to make it more wearable. Definitely a new staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by followyourfancy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick I have ever owned in my life! It is beautiful, and very easy to wear. It's a very natural color, very nudey-pink, which is nice to wear when you don't want to be wearing obvious lipstick. I enjoy wearing this with either MAC Lipglass in Nymphette or MAC Lustreglass in Pinkart.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by alisonlescott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

this is my very first few MAC lipsticks and I absolutely love it. despite it having blue undertones, it works great on my tan/warm NC 30 skintone! It gives me this natural, pinkish tone to my very pigmented/slightly dark lips. I cannot even express how much i love this lipstick. Instantly brightens up my face.

a must have for tan girls!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by MizzLadyRob

I am in love with this lippie! I have really been into lipstick and nailpolish lately. Not sure why...ANYWAY! I am loving the way this looks on me. I think its a staple. I have been wearing it like it's new. Since it is a more bluetone pink it looks marvelous on dark skin. The only drawback is the formula MAC uses in these make the lips feel a little dry, but only a small price to pay for a beautiful color. I like to pair mine up with a pink lipgloss. Kissable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is ok. I was looking for a nude-pink, and Brave qualifies, but it doesn't wow me. It's definitely a blue-based color, so it will be either hit or miss depending on your skin tone. I prefer Cosmo to Brave, but I like the Satin formula because it's longer lasting. I got this for free with the recycling program, so in a couple of months, I'll be recycling this one! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by alabsi81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Brave is one of my favorite most purchased lipsticks, the color really suits my skin tone, it give a pale pinky color , not too pale, just the perfect light shade for an everyday use. I don't remember when I first bought it but it was from the first lipsticks I got from Mac along with Hug Me and Cosmo.
But I will have to admit that it's a bit drying comparing to other MAC lipsticks which I find it very weird since it not a matte product, but I don't find it a big problem and it doesn't bother me at all, I just have to apply lip moisturizer first or lipgloss on top.
This is definitely one of my favorites and I buy it every time I finish one.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by terriblevision

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest, this color wasn't flattering on me. I have pale asian skin, and if you're asian too, don't get this lipstick. Its also a little drying, and not long-lasting at all (i don't think mac lipsticks last that long). I put it on and it lasted me a few hours, and if I eat anything at all then the lipstick is for sure gone. just not a flattering color overall.