October 1, 2014 | 979 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Anti-Shine Compact [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best products I have ever used. It is definitely my HG product. I use the clear/no colour version of this product on a daily basis. I am blessed with a fairly good skin, no zits or other imprefections, so I can get away without having to use foundation, and I don't like powders. However, my skin does get a bit oily during the day, in the summer because it's hot outside, in the winter because of indoor heating. It is enough to make my makeup wear off faster and make my face shiny. So, Anti-Shine to rescue! In the morning after my moisturizer absorbs, I put a dab of this on, my bronzer, and I'm set! It keeps my face shine-free for the most of the day 6+ hours for sure, maybe more, and now I just don't know how I would do without it. Great product, maybe a bit expensive for the size, but I will keep repurchasing (I'm on my 2nd tube now).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by darkwhite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It works for me! Very different from blotting papers - this is more like a solid version of the no-shine ointments by clinique, chanel (and smashbox does one too) etc. My only concern is that it doesn't seem particularly hygenic - I've washed the sponge a couple of times for this reason.

My tip would be to dab on a small amount only where necessary (too much, and it leaves a residue).

I will definitely buy again, as I find it very handy to carry in my bag and pull out when I need to get rid of shine throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by infernoagogo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is expensive, but it works and you get a ton of product in the tube. I use it in my T-Zone and on my nose under my foundation and it keeps me looking matte much longer than when I don't use it - I hate getting shiny! I have the colorless Anti-Shine (the tinted one looks too dark). First, mosturize and let that sink in. Then use a bit of Anti-Shine wherever you get shiny or oily and let that dry. Don't cake up because it will flake and make it difficult to blend your foundation into the skin - but if you use too little, it won't really work. Let that dry and then apply foundation, concealer and powder like usual. I like this formula because it doesn't dry skin out or feel filmy. Does not cause breakouts, either! Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

This has no comparison to blotting papers, they are cheap , easy to pull out of the package and cheap. this is a complicated little box , the stuff is thick and get full of color after applying.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Blotting papers are a better fix. This is a really cute compact - small, little mirror, handy. But I agree that the sponge can pick up makeup already applied. The sponge is black and I can see the foundation and powder on the sponge. I will probably use it up (blotting not wiping), but I won't buy it again. In fact, if I hadn't discarded the receipt, I would probably return it. Oh well. It isn't terrible, just not the best solution to a problem with the shinies.
    Me - 44, auburn/hazel, normal (not really oily)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cookiemonster88

Great for combination skin! The skin on my nose, forehead and a little on my cheeks is perfect in the morning but by the time evening rolls around, my skin looks quite shiny in these areas! And the make up I had on that morning is simply non exsistent in those places! I put just a little(thats all you need!) on these areas and bam! perfect make up all day!! Pricey but I feel totally worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by valngau

What a high price for such a small product! The compact is literally compact, with a small sponge applicator & tiny mirror. It's small enough to put in your tiny purse but that's about it. . I have oily combo skin, and use this stuff after I spot some shine on my face an hour or two after makeup and this stuff works the first time I apply it but it's not a good idea to layer it on over & over again because it will clump on my powder. Yuck!

I would recommend this product when you're on a photo shoot, to minimise any shine for a few minutes. Blotting paper & powder are much better in the long run.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by luvmuzik

I bought this off The Shopping Channel. It looked so cute and the idea of it taking away the oil off of my face was great! So like a true sucker, I bought it. It did nothing for me. Not one thing. I really wanted it to work. I used it until it finished so I could use the compact. The packaging is hella cute but the product inside was useless to me. I was still shiny soon after putting on the product and for the price, that shouldn't be the case.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by cyau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although my skin tends to be on the dry side especially in the dry weather where i live, i find my face looking a little shiny when i go out for a long time or go clubbing with makeup. Thus, have been forever trying to find a product that can keep the shininess at bay. this product works as a temporary fix but the shininess comes back quick. design is well packaged compact with a little mirror, handy to bring out anywhere. Does not look cakey over makeup. I wouldnt buy it again however, because it does not fix the problem and shininess comes back quick, resulting in multiple applications throughout the day. I have now found a new and better alternative. Sounds strange but I use MILK OF MAGNESIA before i put my makeup on. keeps my oils down to bare minimum, and allows makeup to hold all day even if you sweat big time. :) better than any anti shine product or blotting paper ever. Oh... if this antacid / laxative sounds weird to use on the face.... this was also recommended on the Tyra Banks Show as a makeup secret. Try it for yourselves people! no need for antishine papers or creams no more~! :) Just make sure you dont put too much of m.o.m or it could look chalky. very little goes a long way! for me i only use a penny size or less on my entire face.