Estee Lauder Double Matte

3.9

Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Active Ingredient), Water Purified, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Dimeticone Copolyol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coconut Acid, Matricaria (Chamomile) Extract, Nettle Extract, Balm Mint Extract, Coltsfoot Leaf Extract, Horsetail Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Kaolin, Propylene Carbonate, Methicone, Triethyl Citrate, Quaternium-18, Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cellulose Gum, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol, Methylparaben, May Contain Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/28/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My only question is,,,,why are all these perfect foundations being turned into "soft flex" junkies? >:(

Us oily-skinned women (like myself), is in GREAT NEED of a foundation as perfect as this one---so although I have tried double "WEAR" foundation (and yes it does work well)..I still feel it isn't the same as the orginal "double MATTE" it once was...............

Like Revlon Colorstay--for a cheaper, more affordable foundation that DOES stay on day and night--why in the heck do they need to mess everything up and add "softflex"?

Or even Mayballine Silky Stay foundation---what was wrong with THAT one? What's up with the "24 stay put"..and it doesn't "stay put" as NEARLY as the Silky Stay orginal (the one that came with the primer)...

Although thankfully Estee Lauder doesn't mess up "too much"..but I really think they should keep selling "double matter"--more often then "double wear"..and don't disclude oily skinned women from not having the option to wear a very long-lasting foundation--even if it means having to blend fast like someone high on 20 cups of coffee...cause I DONT MIND having to blend incredibly fast--just as long as it covers, stays smooth, looks flawless, and keeps oil away for soooooooooooooooooo many hours...

like this wonderful Double "MATTE" always has...........simply the best. Look no further. ;)

on 10/15/2009 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have very oily skin and i got a sample of this foundation and i am amazed at how it controls the oil. i last all day too. i get shiny maybe 10 hours after i put it on. i would definatley reccomend this product to anyone with oily skin

on 9/28/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy!!! I love this foundation! It is my new HG. I'm usually a MAC Studio Fix girl because I like a more full coverage foundation. Estee Lauder's Double Matte is even better than Studio Fix! I really recommend it for oily skin. With Studio Fix I would start getting oily almost immediately, but not with Double Matte. My skin literally looks flawless. Now that I have switched to Double Matte which is oil free, my blackheads started clearing up immediately. I'm so happy and you should definitely try it!!!

on 9/3/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is my HG foundation! I love matte finishes this has great coverage, starting off as medium to full coverage if you build it. I wear this foundation when I feel the need to look my best r I'm just not feeling all that great on how I look. It makes my skin look airbrushed and healthy. I lasts a pretty good time as well and I live in a desert environment. I have normal to dry skin so I can't say I'm sure it will last as long on someone who has oily skin. I hate the prices of big names, so I'm always on the hunt for something better or equivalent that's cheaper but I love this foundation so much I'll shell out the money for it.

note: you might want to wear a nice moisturizer underneath, I find this makes it blend and feel less "cakey".

on 6/6/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this foundation it has excellent coverage and like its name says it keeps your skin matte. But after using it for awhile I found it to be a bit much, just too cakey/mask like so I asked for something a in a bit lighter formula. The MA the turned me on to Double Wear and I did like it soooo much better. But this is still a good foundation in my book it was my hg for awhile. Ive had a pretty positive experience with all the Estee Lauder foundations Ive used. One of the things that made me quit using it though is their color selection. They just didnt have my color it always ended up too red or too yellow or too dark. They just couldnt match me, and the lady behind the counter said thats not uncommon. So unforunately I had to move on, but hey if they have your shade its worth looking into!

on 6/5/2009 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is one of the few foundations that work exactly as advertised. It lasts all day, does not turn funny colors, does not wear off or look like its breaking down. It is a beautiful thing for oily people, I like this sooooo much better than double wear. DB did not last all day on me, I was always shiny with it on and it was obvious that I had something on my face even though I used so little. DM dries really quickly so I gotta smooth it on fast, and I use very little product to cover up red marks. Beautiful finish, it looks natural and it stays put no matter how hot it gets. I still gotta blot and powder, but much less than all the other foundations I've ever tried, and there have been many that truly sucked. Even though I want to wear this foundation every single day, I can't because it dries my forehead out a bit if I use it for more than a few days. I have really oily skin but I also use acne products on my skin at night and they can sometimes leave me with dry areas. When I use this foundation every other day or so, there are no problems. I use the shade warm tawny, its slightly darker than what I usually wear but I dust on a lighter finishing powder and it helps out with that. Buy this if you are oily and have tried out most of the other oil control foundations and found that they SUCK, because this truly works.
EDIT: Still lovin it, especially in hot and humid weather. I love applying aloe first than this foundation while the aloe is still wet on the skin, so easy to spread the foundation this way.

on 5/23/2009 7:18:00 AM

This is a great product if you suffer from really oily skin. I thought I did until it started to dry out on my in certain places. The coverage is amazing and natural looking I think. It wont budge all day even without a primer!

on 5/6/2009 11:10:00 PM

One of the best Coverage Foundations I love the color 03 Cool Fresco It matches my skin perfectly I love the full Coverage foundation look

on 2/9/2009 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite foundation. I've tried many "oil-free" formulas, from the cheapest to very expensive. I always come back to Estee Lauder Double Matte. I've used this for years. It covers very well, stays matte, and lasts on my extremely oily skin. I get a lot of compliments on my "perfect" skin - and trust me, I do not have perfect skin. I have rosacea, large pores, and broken capillaries on the sides of my nose and cheeks). This covers it all.

I don't know what I would do without this foundation!!!

on 9/3/2008 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ewww. That's all I can say about this product. I try anything that claims to be "matte" but this one was nothing but empty promises. I'm all for full coverage but this was cake-face-central. My skin felt like it was suffocating. Yuck.