December 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't own this product, but I used the original one a couple times before I went to school for Master Esthetics. I'll write the same review I did for that one. Unfortunately, this is a product most people have used on their face. Everyones facial skin is fragile, and delicate. The particles in this are too big and sharp for that skin. I would say MAYBE this would be ok for the feet, but that's a big maybe. This stuff can cause small cuts on your skin that can lead to infection, or even permanent damage. That's just a fact. I've even read people use this as a cleanser twice a day! When looking for an exfoliator, its best if you can actually feel it in your fingers. If you can't, you want to find something with really small scrubbers, round in diameter. Even if it's a really good exfoliator, you only want to exfoliate 2-3 a week. Over exfoliating can cause break outs, unwanted dryness, and sometimes even damage. Needless to say this is a horrible product, and shouldn't be sold anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't get to Finnish my last review but like I was saying IM IN LOVE it's the best if you are having random break outs and ur usual stuff is not working try this

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this with a friend at Walmart for just a little over $3; we were both breaking out, but new to the world of acne-fighting products. The first time I tried it on, I splashed water on my face and put the amount of product similar to how much toothpaste I put on my toothbrush. When I rubbed it onto my face, it hurt. I had to be very gentle because the crushed nutshells were sharp. My face, though, felt LIKE A BABY'S BOTTOM when I washed it off. My pimples were suddenly tiny, and basically from then, I became obsessed with it. (Like, literally. In love.)

I use this about 3 times a week at night c: Whenever I am cringing about the patch of small pimples on my face, I use this and KA-BAM they look much less noticeable. Yes, my mild acne is still present as can be, but I cannot imagine living without this trust ole thing. St. Ives, I love you.

My skin care routine (for nights where I use this product): 1. St. Ives Apricot Scrub, 2. Avon Toner Pads, 3. Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, 4. Clean&Clear Persa-Gel 5. Sometimes I don't apply acne treatment because this already has a lot of strength, if you know what I mean.

Overall, LOVE. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Coantoinette

This did not clear up any blemishes, in fact, it only made my skin worse. I used this once before my skin became very oily and I had a breakout. I tried it with high hopes, but I ended up giving it to a friend who wanted to give it a chance. I was surprised because I had great experiences with other St. Ive's products, but this product was just too harsh for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I don't even remember how many tubes I've repurchased. This scrub works very well on my combination/oily skin but I can only use it when I have a "good skin" days. I can't use it when I have active acne but I also use this scrub on my back. The price is very affordable. I always keep one in my shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product forever and for some reason I ran out and I finally went and picked some up because with the weather being so cold my face is super dry so I thought it was time to go get more! I've never broke out from using this an all of a sudden my face became covered all over with pimples that hurt.. I thought maybe because I hadn't used it in awhile that I would have to go through the whole getting used to it again but I tried and tried making it work and I'm not sure if my skin changed or the product ingredients changed. So sad this didn't work out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by kawaiidesu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily and acne-prone skin. Love this product. It helps prevent breakouts and gets rid of acne. It may take awhile to see results when it comes to blackheads. After I use this, my skin is extremely soft and smooth! This product may be a bit too rough for your skin but if you gently scrub, it should be fine. Check out my other reviews! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Super harsh on my skin, please be careful with this stuff!
It's good to use once every week or two for a good exfoliant..but too rough for me to use daily. Didn't help me with breakouts. Very very cheap .. $3 Canadian . Won't repurchase.. It's okay, but I don't use it very often. Smell is average..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by breewee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff works wonders- my face used break out very often, but now that I have this , it helps out a lot! I also use the st.ives timeless skin with it. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by michellensw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this one day and waited for a few days before I used it again just to check whether I have any bad reactions to it.

I DID.

It make my jawline break out little zits that wouldn't go away. I am lucky that I didn't use it daily after the first day! I'm horrified at the results because my jaw would not just break out without any reason. What's worse, my whole neck began to itch on the 3rd day. It's like an allergic reaction or some sort and my whole neck is red now and the stupid little zits wouldn't go away!! Time for a new exfoliator.

This product is RUBBISH.