St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

What can I say? This stuff is fantastic! Much better than the regular St. Ives or Neutrogena. Take it from an older person (I am 60 and have almost no wrinkles) who's been fooled by hype to buy expensive products 'many' times over the decades. Expensive does not mean better. Young women, don't be 'taken' by costly advertising. If you find products like this that work in your regimen, keep it. High end companies and so-called cosmeticians are always going to 'dis' economical products that are effective. I buy this often at the Dollar Store for $2 for 200 ml. This is a winner!

on 3/1/2014 4:08:00 AM

I bought this on a whim one day and I am so glad I did! This scrub made my skin feel very soft and was not too abrasive. My skin had been playing up a little bit before I tried this product, so I was really happy with it as it helped to clear out any blackheads and breakouts. I first used this on a spa night and intended to follow up with a pore strip, but I didn't need to because the scrub had done such a good job. I am not a huge fan of the scent, but I still love this product!

on 2/23/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great everyday scrub, especially if you have acne. If, like me, you have acne and starting to age, the SA in the product will do double duty for your skin. I do have a more expensive microderm cream I use once a week, but use this one everyday.

on 2/12/2014 3:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

use it in the shower. Great for exfoliation! Works better than some of the more expensive brands. Been using for years and havent found anything as good. Will continue to exfoliate face with it.

on 2/8/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my goto scrub! The apricot beads in this scrub exfoliates very nicely and makes my skin very soft and smooth after rinsing! The scent is neutral in my opinion; it doesn't smell pleasing but it also doesn't smell terrifying. I usually use this scrub before I use my cleanser because this scrub will help the cleanser become more foamy and thick! The price is very cheap as I can get a large jar of this product for around $5, which will last me about 4-6 months. I also prefer the jar packaging over the squeeze tube since the cap on the squeeze tube will accumulate water if you keep it in your shower/bathtub. I wouldn't say it can get rid of blackheads and blemishes though. Overall, I will definitely repurchase this and I recommend this product for those who want a scrub that will do its job!

on 2/8/2014 3:28:00 AM

Love this particular scrub from St. Ives. It works very well to exfoliate. Mix this with a cleanser for a better clean and smoother glide as the texture of this scrub may be hard to move smoothly around the face while cleansing. Good grainy texture but may be a bit harsh for those with very sensitive skin. Would definitely recommend.

on 2/2/2014 11:01:00 PM

Seriously, who hasn't used this product at some point? I love the squeeze tube for my face, and the big tub to use as a body scrub in the shower. Love love love this product! Smells good, doesn't leave skin tight or greasy, just enough grit, creamy and cleansing. Just a classic option for a good exfoliant.

This scrub is incredibly soft and light. It is not scratchy or uncomfortable when rubbing in and is very easy to clean off when done. I have had a bad experience with various facial scubs in the past where they have left my face stinging afterwards, this scrub however made my skin feel fresh and clean. Why my face was totally dry after use, the skin was super soft and had a refreshing glow to it. I highly recommend this product.

on 1/27/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Before using Neutrogena, this product worked wonders. I didn't have dry patches, had less blackheads, very less acne & and smoother skin. Up until I got to neutrogena... Yeah, my mom should really take me a dermatologist 😭😭😭

on 1/13/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't own this product, but I used the original one a couple times before I went to school for Master Esthetics. I'll write the same review I did for that one. Unfortunately, this is a product most people have used on their face. Everyones facial skin is fragile, and delicate. The particles in this are too big and sharp for that skin. I would say MAYBE this would be ok for the feet, but that's a big maybe. This stuff can cause small cuts on your skin that can lead to infection, or even permanent damage. That's just a fact. I've even read people use this as a cleanser twice a day! When looking for an exfoliator, its best if you can actually feel it in your fingers. If you can't, you want to find something with really small scrubbers, round in diameter. Even if it's a really good exfoliator, you only want to exfoliate 2-3 a week. Over exfoliating can cause break outs, unwanted dryness, and sometimes even damage. Needless to say this is a horrible product, and shouldn't be sold anymore.