November 23, 2014 | 1858 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kangarookaren

I have been using an AHA face wash and needed something to take off my makeup before I washed with the AHA. I can't remember if it was MUA or acne.org, but I had read that someone really liked this soap and that it was excellent for taking off makeup. While this soap is excellent for taking off makeup, it made my skin even worse than it already was. The AHA was dramatically clearing up my acne, and this made it come back. It was really, really bad...like waking up to 8-10 new pimples in the morning that weren't there the day before. It also made my skin flake like crazy!! And I know that it's not from the AHA because my skin had never reacted to it like that before. After I stopped using it my skin went back to normal.

I would, however, recommend this to someone who has an oily face. It made my skin very tight and my pores did seem smaller!! The tomato smell was weird, but nothing that I couldn't handle.

I purchased this at Whole Foods for $8, but won't repurchase due to the bad shape it left my face. I am going to take the advice of another reviewer and use it on my body to see if that works. Even though this didn't work for me, I recommend all Burt's Bees products because they are animal friendly!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by poshvice

I bought this about a week ago after having some skin flare-ups, and I must say that I'm impressed. The smell is WONDERFUL, all crisp and fresh - my BF actually loves it so much we decided to track down a bottle of the matching cologne for him.

Anyhow, it's really easy to use, lathers up well, and unlike a lot of soaps, it doesn't melt down quickly. I was afraid it would melt away within a few weeks like a LUSH soap, but it looks like it's going to last a good long while.

As for its effects, it deep cleans without leaving my sensitive-yet-oily skin dry or itchy. My skin has been looking much nicer, so I'm VERY happy with this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by AppleDeco

I really love this product. I have normal skin with occasional breakouts. I use this with the Garden Tomato Toner and the Herbal Blemish Stick. With these 3 products, my skin is the clearest it has been since puberty :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by roma18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this soap!!!! my skin is 80% cleared , and im happy about that! its really cheap compared to other acne cleansers, and it lasts FOREVER, plus its not harsh on my skin at all.... i dont think i will ever go back to the harsh chemical cleansers!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by pandabee

This bar is too harsh to use on my face. After a few days of washing with this, my entire cheek area was scaly and white with dry skin. I'm currently using it for my body though and have no problems with dryness. It also has a pleasant, non-overwhelming scent. I really would not recommend it for the face if you have sensitive or combination skin. It may work for oily skin, but there are better facial cleansers out there for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update again:
    So I tried to give the tomato set another go, and this time, I'm getting Really Really good results. The Soap works really well to cleanse off all my makeup/etc, I haven't had any big pimples since using it, and the Toner help clear out my pores so my skin can breathe and secret the sebum, My skin has that "Dewy" look afterwards which is a good thing..

i'm quite satisfied with it. :)

****************
    I think i have a beginners luck with Burts products, Usually the First time I use their product, it works Wonders, but the next few times, little or even worse results.

The first time I used the Soap and the Garden Tomato Toner, My face looked fresh, clean, polished, pores tighter, skin clearer. It was great.

Then after a few days, every time I use the soap, my face get BIG RED Blotches and red bumps/pimples everywhere. (my skin has never done that with any product before - and usually its pretty tough) My skin looks worse than ever! Same effect with the Toner.
    The redness subsides after 15-20 mins after some moisturizer. I dont know whats going on... Isn't this soap/toner supposed to be for oily/acne prone skin?? why is it making it worse?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by izzyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this product out after reading all the many reviews of those with acne-prone skin like myself saying that it helped. I have been using it for a few months now, but have not really noticed any difference in my skin. The product works just fine, but I am really looking for something that will help clear up my skin a bit. So the search continues....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, it made my skin so dry and flaky. I will not be using this again, especially on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by skinlaced

since having kidney problems, i've had a really bad streak of acne. i figured it would clear up since i'm drinking water & cut caffeine out of my diet. i've tried everything, so i stumbled upon this at the grocery store & my mother pushed me into giving it a try. what's another thing to add to my build up of products, right? well, that was about a month ago & this has improved my skin A LOT. my skin isn't nearly as red, my forehead is smooth, the acne on my cheeks has diminished a lot. the smell is a bit of a put off, but it's worth it. i just keep it in a soap container. & for $8, this will last me quite a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by astroblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yuck!
    I used it once and the acid from the tomato stung my skin. And then the next day, Ihad bumps all over my face and they itched like crazy. I didn't take it back, I threw it in the trash, I was so mad. I hadn't realized how sensitive my skin was until using this soap.