NARS Belle De Jour

3.9

on 4/16/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absoutly love love love this lipstick! For 2 years I was buying Honolulu Honey but the other day I decided to try Belle de Jour and I'm so glad I did! Its the perfect sheer nude shade without being pasty looking like some nudes can. I tend to get dry lips but this lipstick is very moisturzing. Belle de Jour def gives you sexy nude lips :)

on 4/11/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I finally found a light nude shade that works. It isn't too pink or brown. I was making the mistake of looking for pink toned nudes, but this works better, with its peach-neutral undertones and sheerness. I love the smell too, but that is hard to describe. The only negative is the price. $24 is way too much for this.

on 3/21/2010 10:31:00 PM

this is the only nude lipstick i've found that doesn't make me look dead. it's a peachy nude. pretty sheer compared to mac's.

on 2/27/2010 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently purchased this for a job interview. I have many lipsticks and for some reason I like to get them in very similar colors and they all give away a "naughty" look. So I wanted to stay in a color range that I was comfortable in (nudes) but that wasn't too overstated. Belle de jour to me is a very sophisticated nude. The best way that I can explain the color is peachy beige? It has no pink undertones at all, which I find is neat because I can't hardly pull off a lipstick without any pink in it. It stays on awhile, nice smell but really pricey ($24). Would I buy this again? Yep!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this lipstick. For me it's a perfect nude...not pink...not orangey...not brown...but neutral nude, if that makes any sense. Others have commented that this color is the same as MAC Freckletone, but in my opinion it isn't at all. Freckletone can look orangey at times. I feel that Belle de Jour is moisturizing and pretty long lasting. One thing I have to mention about NARS lipstick and gloss is that they don't give me that embarrassing white gunk on my lips like all other brands do. NARS is expensive and is the reason I don't have a ton of their products. I will repurchase this when I run out.

It was just ok,i like a nude lip..this didnt really do it for me will not repurchase

on 11/18/2009 9:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Meh...this lipstick is so-so if I wear a gloss over top. On its own, it is a nude colour, beigey nude. It is almost concealer like colour and consistency. It is drying and the staying power is not even 20 minutes for me and I don't have the habit of licking my lips. I also find the smell offensive. Needless to say, at this expensive price, I will not repurchase NARS lipsticks.

on 11/12/2009 4:23:00 PM

I love this lipstick. The color is subtle, but effective. It looks very natural and gives the nude lip look. It would be perfect with a cat eye. I think this lipstick is evocative of the looks in the sixties. Also, the pigmentation is heavy in a perfect way: the lipstick counterpart to Urban Decay shadows. Wonderful stuff.

on 10/17/2009 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best nude lipstick I've found to date :) Belle de Jour is a true 60's Catherine Deneuve/ Brigitte Bardot nude lip. It's similar to MAC's Freckletone, as a reviewer below stated, but it's less peach and more beige. Absolutely perfect with a smokey or heavily lined eye. Amazing staying power and wonderful coverage. For reference, I'm NC40 with golden blonde hair and green eyes.

on 10/7/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Finally! I have been hunting for a nude lippy for the longest time, and my pigmented lips have made this struggle particularly difficult, I had nearly lost hope. For my NC30'ish skintone, this was the perfect balance of nude warmth, like any nude lip, you need to have your lips in good shape, but this is a great lipstick for moisturizing too. I love that it leaves a healthy shine and isn't teenage-shimmer-infested. It's a great sophisticated nude color. It's also my first NARS lipstick, which compared to mac, made the price bullet hard to take, but despite MAC's extensive collection, I couldn't quite find a moiturizing lipstick that matched this beauty at all. I love love love it. For even fuller coverage, it couples brilliantly with a nude lip pencil, and lasts well. Can't wait to rock it out!
~*~