April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ITSNINI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just recently purchased this as I was looking for the perfect nude. The Mac lady did a demo on me but it did end up looking a bit messy and would show the creases on my lips. I applied the lipstick myself when I got home and maybe she put too much but I was happy as I made it look smoother by not going too heavy. I still have to experiment with this one. but so far so good. great with a nude liner too too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great "concealer" lips lipstick. Hard to find that kind of product, surprisingly. I have very pigmented lips, and this helps to block out some of the color. Very similar in color to the LE MAC lip liner in Saunter and MAC lip liner in Naked.

I actually prefer the LE edition lipsticks by Maybelline, Nude Nuances and Smooth Taupe, as they are easier to smooth out and wear in a less opaque way, making them wearable for the day also. However, this is HG as its not LE.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nude/concealer looking lipstick. Im pale, blonde, blue eyes and I love this on me it does suit my colouring really well, but I think that whether it suits you or not has nothing to do with colouring but more the tones.
Pros: Great when you want your make up to focus on your eyes or another feature, great to use as a base to neutralise your lips to get the best benefit out of another lipstick colour.
Cons: VERY VERY drying, need to be well moisturised and not have chapped lips. I always need a gloss over the top. Cant be applied without a mirror
Verdict: I only really like it because the colour suits me really well, if I found a more creamy or moisturising product in the same colour I would buy that instead. Until then, Im stuck here with Myth

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by melllm

Gorgeous nude color, but unfortunately this makes me look like a corpse. I am pretty tanned right now (NC35 compared to my usual NC20) so i think Ill try this again come fall/winter. If you have a light skin tone then go for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

There are several ways to wear this lipstick.

- Straight up. Only for the pale girls though. I have very pale skin with neutral, slightly yellow undertones (117 in MUFE HD, NARS Gobi) and very pigmented lips, so finding a good nude is often a nightmare. I was after a '60s matte nude that wouldn't wash me out. Nothing was pigmented enough, or had too many orange/gray/yellow undertones. This has peachy undertones. It is very light though, on anyone darker than me it would give what I like to call jizz-lip when worn straight up. I apply it by making sure my lips are very well moisturized, then applying it straight from the tube to the center of my bottom lip. Then I use my finger to spread it around. It gives the light, but not washed out, nude I was looking for. It covers my pigmented lips. My favorite way to wear it is with NARS Sex Appeal blush & lots of mascara on both my top and bottom lashes, it gives an updated 60's look.

- Mixed with another color. Everyone can use it this way. Put on a bit of Myth, then add another color for a darker nude. This can be used to create any kind of nude color you want, very versatile. I have used this to make more of a pinky nude for days when I don't want it to look so mod.

- For those of us with pigmented lips, it's a good way to utilize a gloss that doesn't otherwise show up. Or if the undertones in your lips make a color that you really love in the tube look weird, this will cancel out your lip undertones.

It is drying. Make sure your lips are very smooth and moisturized when you use this and you should be fine. Also, if you have my coloring and want a shiny nude too, go for NARS Chelsea Girls.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Lolopop93

I bought this lipstick because I wanted a nude that was my exact skin color (not sure why though)...and that's what I got with this. But I realized that when I swipe it across my lips, it actually made me look kind of tired and washed out. So instead of swiping it, I tried dabbing it, and I think it looks pretty good that way. I think as long as I don't build it up too much, this lipstick can work for me. I don't think I'm going to repurchase this though, cause I find that the REALLY nude lip isn't a look I go for a whole lot. I think I'm going to try "Hue" next time I'm on the hunt for a nude lipstick, it may be a bit more flattering than Myth. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by melodyramm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a Nude Lipstick that wasn't too pale or corpse looking and not too pinky...I Finally came across this wonderful shade..It goes good with my fair skin and doesn't wash me out. Note: I only wear when I do a cat eye or smokey eye...Love Love Love this Nude <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lexylynn

I went through a period a while back where I loved the look of Nude lipsticks. They weren't as popular back then, so Myth was the only one I could find. I LOVED it. The color was exactly what I was looking for. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's super drying. My lips are sensitive already, so that was a real downer for me. Now I use it over lip balm and I use it to cancel out my natural lip color to have the full effect of other lipsticks.. or I use it if I go nuts with eye makeup.

Overall, I would definitely recommend it but be aware of how drying it can be.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have not bought this lipstick because it looks horrible on me. From reviews and posts of other fair skinned ladies, this is strictly for warm toned skin. I put it on and it cancels me out - makes me look dead!!! Same with Blankety... YUCK!!!! NC15/NW20 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

this is my fave nude l/s. it goes perfect with my nc20 skintone. my only complaint is the drying factor. cant really be used daily because itll dry ur lips out terriblyy. even with l/g. n the thing i hate about using l/g with it is it usually doesnt last as long. honestly though i have yet to find a nude l/s that isnt drying.