August 23, 2014 | 1378 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my HG nude lip for a couple years, but I think I've moved on.. A couple years ago it seemed impossible to find a true nude lipstick, but there seems to be lots now from many different brands. My problem with this lipstick is the incredible dryness it causes my lips... It looks great for maybe half an hour but it instantly chaps my lips after that. I have applied many different lip moisturisers before applying, but this lipstick can be extremely fussy - it has a tendency to coagulate and separate. It is also fussy with whatever you put ON TOP of it too! I like this lipstick with a tiny bit of shine, but I have only found one lip gloss that holds it in place without it separating and forming lines and chunks on my lips.

So, bottom line, I used to love this but there are so many better nude lipsticks on the market now! It was fun, Myth :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

My favourite type of lip is a subdued nude lip, it suits my skin tone and doesn't interfere with my eye makeup. I love bright lipsticks, but they seem to wash me out, and I always end up wiping them off and using Myth. My lips are naturally very red, almost fuchsia, so prior to applying Myth, I prep my lips with OCC's Lip Tar in conquest (which is extremely pale) however, the true colour of Myth shines through- a true light nude pink. I use to apply gloss over it, but I find any lipgloss just seems to ruin the lasting power- Myth lasts up to 3 hours before I have to reapply, it's so simple to just pop it on the apply a gloss. Myth has been a HG for me for the last 3 years :) I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Myth is a very light pinky-beige nude. It is a Satin formula, which I would describe as a matte look, with a creamy feel. I have purchased this countless times. This is best paired with a smokey or colorful eye look. If you tend to wear more natural eye looks, then this might make you look a bit washed out. If you're looking for something slightly deeper with similar formulas, try Creme d'Nude or Honeylove.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Nails4Tiff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite nude lipstick next to Nyx's Circe's!!! I am on the darker skinned side (nc45 for reference) and when I pair this w/Cork lip liner, I'm in heaven with the outcome! I've read other reviews and it seems--so far--no one of my complexion has yet to try this product. Guess it looks too scary. But believe me, if you just just pair it with the right liner or gloss, its an HG......even for women of color!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by PureAmbrosia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the ultimate matte, pale, nude lipstick. I love mixing this with other lipsticks, and it looks great with beige-y pink liner. There is no other alternative that does a more beautiful job.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ITSNINI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just recently purchased this as I was looking for the perfect nude. The Mac lady did a demo on me but it did end up looking a bit messy and would show the creases on my lips. I applied the lipstick myself when I got home and maybe she put too much but I was happy as I made it look smoother by not going too heavy. I still have to experiment with this one. but so far so good. great with a nude liner too too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great "concealer" lips lipstick. Hard to find that kind of product, surprisingly. I have very pigmented lips, and this helps to block out some of the color. Very similar in color to the LE MAC lip liner in Saunter and MAC lip liner in Naked.

I actually prefer the LE edition lipsticks by Maybelline, Nude Nuances and Smooth Taupe, as they are easier to smooth out and wear in a less opaque way, making them wearable for the day also. However, this is HG as its not LE.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nude/concealer looking lipstick. Im pale, blonde, blue eyes and I love this on me it does suit my colouring really well, but I think that whether it suits you or not has nothing to do with colouring but more the tones.
Pros: Great when you want your make up to focus on your eyes or another feature, great to use as a base to neutralise your lips to get the best benefit out of another lipstick colour.
Cons: VERY VERY drying, need to be well moisturised and not have chapped lips. I always need a gloss over the top. Cant be applied without a mirror
Verdict: I only really like it because the colour suits me really well, if I found a more creamy or moisturising product in the same colour I would buy that instead. Until then, Im stuck here with Myth

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by melllm

Gorgeous nude color, but unfortunately this makes me look like a corpse. I am pretty tanned right now (NC35 compared to my usual NC20) so i think Ill try this again come fall/winter. If you have a light skin tone then go for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

There are several ways to wear this lipstick.

- Straight up. Only for the pale girls though. I have very pale skin with neutral, slightly yellow undertones (117 in MUFE HD, NARS Gobi) and very pigmented lips, so finding a good nude is often a nightmare. I was after a '60s matte nude that wouldn't wash me out. Nothing was pigmented enough, or had too many orange/gray/yellow undertones. This has peachy undertones. It is very light though, on anyone darker than me it would give what I like to call jizz-lip when worn straight up. I apply it by making sure my lips are very well moisturized, then applying it straight from the tube to the center of my bottom lip. Then I use my finger to spread it around. It gives the light, but not washed out, nude I was looking for. It covers my pigmented lips. My favorite way to wear it is with NARS Sex Appeal blush & lots of mascara on both my top and bottom lashes, it gives an updated 60's look.

- Mixed with another color. Everyone can use it this way. Put on a bit of Myth, then add another color for a darker nude. This can be used to create any kind of nude color you want, very versatile. I have used this to make more of a pinky nude for days when I don't want it to look so mod.

- For those of us with pigmented lips, it's a good way to utilize a gloss that doesn't otherwise show up. Or if the undertones in your lips make a color that you really love in the tube look weird, this will cancel out your lip undertones.

It is drying. Make sure your lips are very smooth and moisturized when you use this and you should be fine. Also, if you have my coloring and want a shiny nude too, go for NARS Chelsea Girls.