December 22, 2014 | 885 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Cortiz4

I use to love Revlon soft nude it is the perfect nude and also very moist, but I lost it and haven't been able to find it again so I went to my favorite store for lipstick MAC and tried this on and loved it. It is a bit drying but when paired with a lip moisturizer or chap stick it looks great and feels great. . Snob will still be my go to lipstick but this can come close.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I wear Bobbi Brown skin products in Golden for reference* Against my skintone without liner or any type of gloss I do look quite a mess with it on but after I use MAC's lip erase in "dim" followed by Myth, lip liner in "cork" and a touch of "pink lemonade" I have the perfect nude lip without it looking too super pale or too pink. I love,love this shade and it works with all my countless smokey eye looks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I never thought in a million years that a lipstick paler than my NC30 complexion would be flattering, but with the right application Myth gives me that sultry, 60s sexpot look. It's a slightly difficult lipstick to work with because it's not moisturizing and emphasizes lip imperfections like no other, so I have to exfoliate and moisturize my lips heavily before using it. I apply it straight from the tube (way too pale if I leave it as is) then blend the color into my lips with a finger to sheer it out. I like to pair Myth with a bold cat eye and a strong cheek or, of course, a smokey eye. Like the other Satin lipsticks MAC offers, Myth wears an average amount of time, around 3-4 hours. It looks very sexy with NARS' Turkish Delight lipgloss on top, but the natural satin finish of Myth is flattering on its own as it's not too matte. It's not the easiest lipstick to work with, but definitely one worth having if it flatters your complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my HG nude lip for a couple years, but I think I've moved on.. A couple years ago it seemed impossible to find a true nude lipstick, but there seems to be lots now from many different brands. My problem with this lipstick is the incredible dryness it causes my lips... It looks great for maybe half an hour but it instantly chaps my lips after that. I have applied many different lip moisturisers before applying, but this lipstick can be extremely fussy - it has a tendency to coagulate and separate. It is also fussy with whatever you put ON TOP of it too! I like this lipstick with a tiny bit of shine, but I have only found one lip gloss that holds it in place without it separating and forming lines and chunks on my lips.

So, bottom line, I used to love this but there are so many better nude lipsticks on the market now! It was fun, Myth :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

My favourite type of lip is a subdued nude lip, it suits my skin tone and doesn't interfere with my eye makeup. I love bright lipsticks, but they seem to wash me out, and I always end up wiping them off and using Myth. My lips are naturally very red, almost fuchsia, so prior to applying Myth, I prep my lips with OCC's Lip Tar in conquest (which is extremely pale) however, the true colour of Myth shines through- a true light nude pink. I use to apply gloss over it, but I find any lipgloss just seems to ruin the lasting power- Myth lasts up to 3 hours before I have to reapply, it's so simple to just pop it on the apply a gloss. Myth has been a HG for me for the last 3 years :) I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Myth is a very light pinky-beige nude. It is a Satin formula, which I would describe as a matte look, with a creamy feel. I have purchased this countless times. This is best paired with a smokey or colorful eye look. If you tend to wear more natural eye looks, then this might make you look a bit washed out. If you're looking for something slightly deeper with similar formulas, try Creme d'Nude or Honeylove.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Nails4Tiff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite nude lipstick next to Nyx's Circe's!!! I am on the darker skinned side (nc45 for reference) and when I pair this w/Cork lip liner, I'm in heaven with the outcome! I've read other reviews and it seems--so far--no one of my complexion has yet to try this product. Guess it looks too scary. But believe me, if you just just pair it with the right liner or gloss, its an HG......even for women of color!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by PureAmbrosia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the ultimate matte, pale, nude lipstick. I love mixing this with other lipsticks, and it looks great with beige-y pink liner. There is no other alternative that does a more beautiful job.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ITSNINI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just recently purchased this as I was looking for the perfect nude. The Mac lady did a demo on me but it did end up looking a bit messy and would show the creases on my lips. I applied the lipstick myself when I got home and maybe she put too much but I was happy as I made it look smoother by not going too heavy. I still have to experiment with this one. but so far so good. great with a nude liner too too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great "concealer" lips lipstick. Hard to find that kind of product, surprisingly. I have very pigmented lips, and this helps to block out some of the color. Very similar in color to the LE MAC lip liner in Saunter and MAC lip liner in Naked.

I actually prefer the LE edition lipsticks by Maybelline, Nude Nuances and Smooth Taupe, as they are easier to smooth out and wear in a less opaque way, making them wearable for the day also. However, this is HG as its not LE.