Maybelline Maybelline Shiny-Licious Lipgloss in Berry Bella

3.8

on 4/30/2006 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The texture and staying power is what makes me love this gloss more.It stays literally for hours and the texture is not overly sticky.It's even better than the high end tube type glosses.What a surprise for a Maybelline product.I'm NW20,brunette.Although I usually don't look good with berry lippies,this color looks really nice.There's also a subtle shimmer in it which makes it more beautiful.That is so cool..I want more colors!

on 4/17/2006 3:37:00 PM

This line from Maybelline has worked its way into one of my favorite lipglosses because many of the Shiny Licious glosses leave a bit of a stain on the lips as it fades. Berry Bella is one of the shades that leaves a slight stain. The texture is amazing - thick and creamy, not oily at all, and lasts for HOURS!!! The color is a bold pink/light berry with shimmer. The applicator allows for very precise application - better than a brush and as good as a wand. I hope they never discontinue this line!!

on 2/11/2006 2:43:00 PM

Smells great, looks good in the tube, but the color is not right for me. To clownish on my NW15 skin.

I absolutely LOVE this product! The color is great, and it lasts so long! It lasted about 1 and a half hours, which is pretty good for a lipgloss. Also, this stuff is moisturizing, so I don't have to put balm underneath.

on 1/21/2006 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Me:Warm 2 in winter, 3 in summer, l'oréal true match.
Very thin, sensitive, Natural dirty blond hair ( no dyes ).
Green-blue with yellow eyes. Medium pigmented lips. Dry to normal skin. Not acne prone.
Overall: This product got a nice color, but it smells so disgusting it makes me physicly sick. The texture is very sticky, in winter it freeze on your lips and break em'. Not worth the price. continued >>

on 12/17/2005 6:58:00 PM

I agree with other reviewers that the smell is a bit nauseating at times, but the colour's gorgeous. In the tube it looks like a very bright fuschia but on my lips it looks like my lips have a sheer berry-fuschia pink tint. It's quite shiny and lasts for a fair amount of time because it's sticky but I don't mind that. The smell is like what you would get if you mixed Blistex berry lip balm with cherry cough syrup, not incredibly unpleasant, but not something that I enjoy smelling. Overall nice gloss, has the most pigment of all my shiny-licious's:)

on 9/17/2005 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I like that this lipgloss can be layered for a more intense color, or spread sheerly for a natural look. I didn't mind the smell, but I found the gloss a bit sticky. The packaging is quite hygienic, although the doe-foot applicator becomes rather disgusting after several uses, so now I apply it with my finger. I much prefer this to the regular wand style, in which the gloss gets transferred all over the turning mechanism of the tube. I got it on sale at London Drugs for $5 and, at that price, I would purchase it again. However, this tube should last me a very long time.

on 8/14/2005 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I thought this would be a great soft fuschia on me, but alas, I can barely see the color. Its pretty much clear on my lips. I don't care for the smell of this, but overall, other than that its an okay gloss.

on 7/29/2005 8:34:00 PM

I like that this is a very wearable shade of fuschia and feels so smooth and moisturizing, although I could do without the sometimes nauseating scent.

on 7/15/2005 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It looks SO BEAUTIFUL on AL in the ad, but on me it turned to a ugly dusty rose color! Maybe I have heavily pigmented lips, but I never thought I did. Other than that, the l/g itself was nice in texture and I really like the spongy applicator. So disappointed.

Recommended for Medium Skin