January 31, 2015 | 2025 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by lilac0721

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Packaging: I must say that the packaging, is fairly well. I must say though, don't drop it, after I droped it, it broke a little bit, but not compltetly.

Price: I bought this for around 11$ CAD, ON and I cant really complain about it too much.

What do you use to apply it with? Well it comes with a sponge thingy, and im not a fan of it simply because its pressed mineral powder. So I use my Ecotools retractable Kabuki with it and it works fine.

Would I buy this again? Yes I most likely be buying this again, the only thing that might change my decision is if one of my friends starts raving about someother product that I might give a shot. But at the moment this is my favorite powder foundation.

Overall Rating: I can use this product alone, or ontop a foundation. It's staying power is fairly well, and it looks natural which is what I really love about it.

This is a GOOD BUY!

Update: Do not drop this stuff.
I dropped it once, and only a little bit fell out, I dropped it a second time and it all went to bits and pieces, I still have it, just b ecause I like it so much but now its a pain to use, it gets so messy. Also, I noticed, its not compatible with dry skin, at all,

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Sweedalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder. It has enough coverage that I can use it alone with concealer, but I can sheer it out over foundation. It is AMAZING for those with oily skin. I love it, and have almost run out. Time to get a new one!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by thegreatexaggerator

This is a decent powder. It's not the best and it's not the worst. But, it doesn't break my face out, and that's a plus. I just use a kabuki brush to apply. It seems to match my skin and that's very hard to come by. I plan on using this for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by zomgitsjulia

I usually buy my makeup from high brands at Sephora because I have this fear that drugstore makeup will make me breakout but I decided to try this pressed powder out after realizing that half the girls in my school have a Cover Girl compact and their makeup looks good. Compared to the makeup I usually buy, this compact is dirt cheap and the packaging is pretty cute, I also like the sponge applicator but one of the seams ripped after washing it for the third time. It's also very easy to keep sanitary, the sponge dries very easily. What I love so much about this product is that I can wear it over nothing and my face stays matte ALL DAY LONG. I barely need to touch up! I don't have the prettiest skin in the world, I'm super pale and have teenage pimples... but this is the first product that has made my skin look super natural and pretty :) It makes my pimples instantly less red and it just makes my skin glow. The only con I can think of is that if it's not applied properly, it will look cakey but as long as you blend, blend and blend some more... it should be fine :) I bought it in super light and it blends into my skin for a seamless finish. My tip is to use concealer on the areas you need (Amazing Cosmetics Concealer FTW) and then stiple this product onto your face with a brush just to set the concealer. Then I like to take the sponge and blend some powder on areas that need more coverage, like my T-zone. If I find it looks too powdery, I just clean my sponge and rub my face until it's flawless! Try it out, what do you have to lose ? :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by sio2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I normally have steered away from CoverGirl products. I've never been a fan of the perfumes that they use in some of their formulas. I bought this powder as an impulse buy at a local drugstore. I am so glad I found it! I've been using Lancome photogenic powder for years, but to be quite honest, the trublend works much better when I feel I'm having a "bad skin day." I have been using both powders, and it seems to all be dependent of my mood. The trublend has excellent coverage, though, and it makes my skin look very even and clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful! This actually gives decent coverage when I'm just going out for a bit and am too lazy to apply foundation, though you can totally make it lighter by applying less. This powder is elegant and it blends very well onto my skin. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Harls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really enjoyed this product! The pressed powder lasted a long time and covered my face evenly without looking "makeupy". I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jne88

I've been using this for about 2 months and I absolutely "ADORE" it!! The pressed powder I was using before was discontinued and I decided to try something new and I feel in love with this product. It's very inexpensive and it leaves your skin looking so beautiful. It's not clumpy at all. I recommend this product to everyone....it's just that great!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my all-time favorite pressed powder. Good coverage, non-clogging, and blends well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by bloou

This powder is great if you want a decent amount of coverage as it is kinda thick compared to like say L'oreal True Match. The coverage this gives is similar to what a powder foundation gives when applied dry just a bit sheerer but only a bit. But this has a tendency to be cakey so for touch ups it is best to use a brush. For more coverage, I can use the applicator this comes with. Overall, this is an okay product that I would buy again for situations I need more coverage. For everyday, I like using something lighter.