July 23, 2014 | 1855 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by zomgitsjulia

I usually buy my makeup from high brands at Sephora because I have this fear that drugstore makeup will make me breakout but I decided to try this pressed powder out after realizing that half the girls in my school have a Cover Girl compact and their makeup looks good. Compared to the makeup I usually buy, this compact is dirt cheap and the packaging is pretty cute, I also like the sponge applicator but one of the seams ripped after washing it for the third time. It's also very easy to keep sanitary, the sponge dries very easily. What I love so much about this product is that I can wear it over nothing and my face stays matte ALL DAY LONG. I barely need to touch up! I don't have the prettiest skin in the world, I'm super pale and have teenage pimples... but this is the first product that has made my skin look super natural and pretty :) It makes my pimples instantly less red and it just makes my skin glow. The only con I can think of is that if it's not applied properly, it will look cakey but as long as you blend, blend and blend some more... it should be fine :) I bought it in super light and it blends into my skin for a seamless finish. My tip is to use concealer on the areas you need (Amazing Cosmetics Concealer FTW) and then stiple this product onto your face with a brush just to set the concealer. Then I like to take the sponge and blend some powder on areas that need more coverage, like my T-zone. If I find it looks too powdery, I just clean my sponge and rub my face until it's flawless! Try it out, what do you have to lose ? :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by sio2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I normally have steered away from CoverGirl products. I've never been a fan of the perfumes that they use in some of their formulas. I bought this powder as an impulse buy at a local drugstore. I am so glad I found it! I've been using Lancome photogenic powder for years, but to be quite honest, the trublend works much better when I feel I'm having a "bad skin day." I have been using both powders, and it seems to all be dependent of my mood. The trublend has excellent coverage, though, and it makes my skin look very even and clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful! This actually gives decent coverage when I'm just going out for a bit and am too lazy to apply foundation, though you can totally make it lighter by applying less. This powder is elegant and it blends very well onto my skin. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Harls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really enjoyed this product! The pressed powder lasted a long time and covered my face evenly without looking "makeupy". I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jne88

I've been using this for about 2 months and I absolutely "ADORE" it!! The pressed powder I was using before was discontinued and I decided to try something new and I feel in love with this product. It's very inexpensive and it leaves your skin looking so beautiful. It's not clumpy at all. I recommend this product to everyone....it's just that great!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my all-time favorite pressed powder. Good coverage, non-clogging, and blends well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by bloou

This powder is great if you want a decent amount of coverage as it is kinda thick compared to like say L'oreal True Match. The coverage this gives is similar to what a powder foundation gives when applied dry just a bit sheerer but only a bit. But this has a tendency to be cakey so for touch ups it is best to use a brush. For more coverage, I can use the applicator this comes with. Overall, this is an okay product that I would buy again for situations I need more coverage. For everyday, I like using something lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder. Ive used it for years and my friend and I both call it "make up of the gods" because it is really amazing. Goes on nice and smooth and actually has pretty good coverage if you use the puff with it. If you sweep it on with a brush it's a little more light and sets your makeup perfectly. It's pretty cheap too and works just as well as my mac powder. I'm very fair skinned NC15 and i use the medium in this and it works just fine, gives me a more believable color. I'd definitely give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To start off, I want to say that these run light...and once applied, look MUCH lighter on than in the pan...so go a shade darker than you think you'll need. I use this in "5-Tawny" and I'm about an NC40sh tanned skintone, but I initially purchased shades 3 & 4, only to find them too light once applied. I don't wear any liquid foundation, and am very picky about powders, and I really like this one. I usually do this weird mix of this powder and CG's regular Clean powder in the brown compact, but my skin looks fantastic, as good as with a liquid, minus the oiliness and breakouts that liquid foundation tends to cause. This goes on like silk, and unlike many powders, gives skin a natural radiance rather than a dull powdery cakey one. Controls oil nicely, and has a decent amount of coverage. The puff that comes with this one is actually decent unlike most of CG powders. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

when i use powders, it is usually to control shiny spots on my face, i dont use it to set anything since i dont wear foundation of any sort. i really like this product for the way i use it. it keeps my face shine free all day, doesnt have an odor, and best of all, it blends in with my face so it looks like im wearing nothing.