November 20, 2014 | 1998 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by doggy

This is a very finely milled silky powder that I find to be very sheer which enables me to put a lot on without getting cakey. In fact I've always set my foundations with loose powder to avoid cakeyness but I can use this to set my foundations because it doesn't get cakey. This is one that should not be worn alone because it gives such little coverage unless you really don't need coverage. It kind of just diffuses everything & evens out the skin tone slightly. It's lighter in texture than Mac Select Sheer Pressed Powder. The compact is great, it's magnetic so it's simple to open it. The powder puff does not fall out when you open it because the powder is kind of slightly below the edge of the compact so theres a pocket for the puff. Nice big square mirror. I also like that the compact doens't get all scratched up & fingerprinted up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

This powder is quite nice. I am extremely oily and this seems to control it pretty nicely; better than some other brands I have tried such as Clinique. I am also using the Double Wear Light foundation so that helps control oil as well. But this powder is very sheer ( I got the translucent color) and reminds me of Bareminerals mineral veil, which I love as well. This powder is nice in that it controls oil and doesn't look cakey and it leaves a nice luminous matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really surprised how much I like this powder - the SA said it has no coverage and is too sheer. I wear Double Wear Makeup in Fresco and just purchased this in 1W. I love it! It does not get cakey and still looks great after a 12 HOUR DAY. Worth a try - you can always return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by moonstone2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This pressed powder was recommended for my dry, sensitive, rosacea-prone skin. I tried it in Transparent, 1W, and found it to have a fine, beautifully silky texture that went on smoothly and didn't accentuate or intensify any dryness or flakiness. Sadly, the tone was off on my cool-toned nw15 skin. As others have commented, it can appear a bit orangeish on some fair skin (it should be noted, though, that not all fair-skinned people experience this). Because of this, I will be returning it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Me: extremely sensitive, dry skin with mild Rosacea. MAC NW10/15. I was looking for a pressed powder suited for my sensitive, dry and fair skin. This powder is super-fine, sheer and gives a flawless, natural looking finish. It isn't fragranced, doesn't look cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines and it isn't drying(!). I purchased it in 1W1 (Transparent) and it is a good match for my pale, cooltoned skin. Gorgeous deep-blue and gold square compact, however I don't like the velours sponge that much though. Quite expensive, but def. worth the money. A very nice powder for touch-ups during the day! Update: this powder broke me out horribly; it must be the zea mays I cannot tolerate;-( Too bad, because it is a very nice powder and I would still recommend trying it if you're not sensitive to zea mays! *Pic in My Profile*
    Ingredients: talc, dimethicone, silica, zinc stearate, zea mays (corn starch), pca, ethylhexylglycerin, zeolite, acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, bht, dehydroacetic acid, sorbic acid, methylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, isopropylparaben. May contain: mica, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), manganese violet (CI 77742), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), ultramarines (CI 77007), red 30 (CI 73360), red 6 (CI 15850).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ChameliAsh

I love this powder. I don't usually set my makeup with powder, but when I do I want something that will control shine without looking heavy or cakey. I'm not looking for added color, just a semi-matte finish to my skin. I have tan olive skin (NC30) and I use this in 1W Transparent-- it really is transparent! It doesn't feel heavy or dry out my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

i would agree with everyone here that it is very sheer and is not the best oil-controlling powder out there. however, it is super light and really comfortable to wear which is hard to find in a pressed powder. I think its great for touch-ups because the case is so nice. its square with a magnetic close and navy blue. this is definitely something to consider if you are looking for comfort over coverage. UPDATE: I am finally almost done this and realized this stuff NEVER gets cakey or fake... I can literally pile it on and it will still be natural looking. I do wish that my oily skin was completely satisfied by this but anyone who loves a natural look should check this out!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by monkeymoogle

Goes on great, doesn't smell terrible, and is the perfect "colour" (translucent). Although it did a decent job of controlling oil throughout the day, it came with a price: irritation pimples breaking out in the T-zone. It's a shame, but given the price ($30+) it might be a good thing I'm switching it for something else after all...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using a sample of this and its holding up really well. I only had to reapply at lunch, and even that was really more out of habit. The translucent color is great for my PPP skintone too. Love it - this might become an HG!

UPDATE - I had to buy a full-size, because this powder is great! Looks completely natural but keeps my shine away. Doesn't look too powdery either. The only strange thing is the packaging - I'm not a fan of the magnet holding it togther. Is a clasp or latch really all that hard?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Raar

If you're after a powder with coverage - then this is not the powder for you as it offers zero coverage (be warned!). However, if you're after a pressed translucent powder to set your makeup and give you that 'airbrushed' look then this is indeed a great powder for you!

I first purchased this product a couple of years ago after going to the EL to repurchase my beloved So Ingenious Loose Powder which to my shock and dismay had been discontinued! The SA quickly tried to tell me that this would be an adequate substitute despite the fact that it was a pressed powder, rather than loose - which I traditionally prefer. Surprisingly, this powder indeed acts more like a loose translucent powder than a pressed and I was very impressed! I absolutely love this stuff - it has the most divine, silky texture and leaves the most beautiful finish on your face and it feels so light!

I wouldn't recommended it for those with oily skin as it doesn't actually do much as far as oil control/absorbtion goes but it does take down the shine a little on my relatively normal skin. It leaves your skin still looking natural soft matte but still slightly glowy look without any hint of shimmer or the like.

I've repurchased this about 4-5 times and will continue to do so. It is pricey, but I found it last me probably 4-5 months with daily use and I love the classy packaging.

For reference I am Chanel 20-30, slightly warm toned and I use this in 1W Transparent.