July 28, 2014 | 1905 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting in Smashing Color Blend

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by qishopgal

I received my smaller size and was excited to give it a try. I had big expectations for this. I am 42 with sundamage/spots & redness. I bought this vs. the green hoping that it would cover the sun spots.
I just applied it within the last hour. You really don't need a lot of this. I was a bit nervous about the silicone/slippery factor. It really wasn't a problem. Just keep your usage to as little product as you can get away with.
Pros...has made my skin super soft, evened out skin tone, eliminated most redness in the T zone, filled in lines around eyes
Cons...not fantastic coverage over sun spots (with no conceal or other extra coverage)
I will come back lated in the day about longevity of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by jujujulie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found success with this product only when I used it to a. hide new acne scars or sunburn or b. to hide ruddy cheeks/excessive blushing. I have very pale skin and I did not look like an avocado even if I overused this product. For the price, however, I'm not super impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by tricksi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought the green color corrector primer since I have redness on my cheeks. I am not a big fan of primer - can't see how it made much difference on my skin the few previous times I tried it.
I agree with others that the green doesn't really reduce the redness much. I think my skin feels very silky after applying so that is nice. Unfortunately, it does not work with all my types of foundations. (I am a foundation junky always on the search for the perfect one that will work with my redness/flakiness/combo skin). I wore it yesterday with a light liquid foundation after I moisturized my face and it worked great In conjunction with my foundation, it helped cover up my cheek redness and my daughter remarked I didn't look like I was wearing makeup. Today I tried it with a compact foundation that dries to a powder finish on a non moisturized face and it balled up and make my skin look flaky. I have yet to try it with a mineral foundation. I will do so tomorrow.
I think letting the skin rest a few minutes after applying and applying it sparingly will help with the balling and flakyness. I think a light moisturizer in the dry spots might be necessary too to get optimum performance.
Overall it's a decent primer but I think I can find something comparable for less money so will not be repurchasing.

Edit 3/18/08: I tried the primer again a few minutes after I lightly moisturized my face and let it rest for about 5 minutes before applying a mineral foundation. It caught up a bit in some dry skin I have by my cheek so the balling isn't just due to foundation but apparently appears to be a normal part of application for those without smooth skin. Even so, it was much better for me than the previous try applying it to non moisturized skin. I used my mineral foundation and it turned out fine. I am not a big fan of powder foundation (seems to emphasize my dry flaky rosacea skin) but with the primer, it was better than without.

As I said before, I won't be repurchasing since performance for me wasn't worth the cost.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by trapezer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purchased this in the GREEN color corrector - this does not at all correct redness or even out anything! A fairly decent primer, but I am not willing to pay for a color corrector that doesn't work. Will not purchase this particular product again - may purchase the SB plain primer with SPF, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by britbiatch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the green primer becuase it is supposed to help redness, which I have. I found it didn't do much for the red, but it makes my mineral foundation a lot easier to stay, and it feel fantastic. I have acne prone dry skin, and this does not clog pores, or make me break out like other primers. I would buy again even though I find it expensive, because it doesn't break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by shoehoard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the sample/trial size (had the glass bottle version in my hand but saw the trial size at Sephora checkout). I have the clear version and thought I would try the color-correcting version. I agree with other reviewers in that this does NOT correct color. However, I do feel like this is a great primer. Makes my skin feel silky and makes the other products (foundation, concealer, etc.) go on smoother. I noticed a difference between the clear version and this version. This one, in my opinion, feels lighter. Has anyone else noticed that? I do like this product and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 1:46:00 AM More reviews by kimlovesyooh

I reeeeeally love this product. It did help with the redness i get on my nose and cheeks, and made my skin velvety smooth!! My makeup looked incredible after 8 hours of using this stuff. Lasted through sweat from gym class! Now i can't even imagine how I beared without it. 5 lippies :)))))))

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did not color correct any redness on my face whatsoever! It got two lippies, however, because it does provide a smoother face for my foundation application but the texture is just too greasy for me. I always have to wash my hands really good after applying. Will not be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It provides a smooth base for your foundation but it doesn't correct any color. My face turned oily and shiny in a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2007 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Tsu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skintype: Caucasian, cool (C25 in MAC, Vanilla in Make Up Store).

The green one (anti redness)

This primer is fine, and nothing more than fine. It really isn't that brilliant. It reduces the redness minimally, but it doesn't cover it at all. The consistency is a bit oily, but easily absorbed by the skin, and does not clog the pores.

UPDATE 13/5-08
I do not use this product anymore, and haven't done that for a while. It simply does not do anything for me.