September 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in High Tea

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Ctoth87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my least favorite color I own. I don't like the sheer and shimmery side of it. Not my favorite nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by jess2160

When I first got it, I don't really like it coz it looks frosty when applying on my lips without makeup. After awhile, I decided to give it another try. And I started to like it more and more. Its very sheer golden nude color and it looks good to apply it alone or underneath other lipcolor. I will definitely re-purchase this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by merekat703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best nude lipstick ever!!! can be layered or left alone on the lips! My go to HG lipstick!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by hamsley72

I just love this nude color. It is a cross between nude and a little gold color. I think it's great for everyday work,school,or anywhere. I just love it when I run out I will be restocking on this color. Many of the nude colors look so flat on me this is a great nude on me .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by egirl26

its very frosty and it has no color payoff except shiny light brown. not impressed but its not horrible. the formula is horrible though. nc40 i'll keep it because its very neutral..but it bleeds like crazy so you defintely need lipliner. edit. still not sure how to use this

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really pretty color, smells nice too, i find Mac to be drying on my lips so that is a downside and it doesnt feel dry right away it feels dry after wearing it for a while. (same for other colors by mac too not just this one) and the colors need to be reapplied quite a bit to keep the look. Would have got a higher score if it lasted longer on my lips.

I love the champagne/beigey nude color and wish i could make it last alot longer. Maybe a matching lip liner (dupe? or is there one at Mac for High Tea?)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

When I bought this I was not thinking about what a waste it was. I truly do not believe in buying expensive lipstick. I like the look, but 14.50 is just to much for a lipstick that looks like there is basically nothing on my lips. After I bought it I immediatly regretted it. I then went to the my local beauty supply store and bought about 5 Jordana lipsticks and found an exact dupe of high tea. It is called coco malt. It is a little drier then high tea, but lip balm fixes that. I saved 13.50. It looks exactly the same on my lips. Very Very happy with my purchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by hckim1216

I'm not a huge fan of nude lips. I have extremely pigmented lips and usually nude lips make me look sick but this is gorgeous! Its absolutely beautiful. Its a lustre finish so if you prefer a more pigmented or matte finish lip I would not recommend it. But I adore glossy glistening lips so I'm a fan. Its beautiful on its own or with a gloss. I've just about finished it and have every intention of purchasing it again. My only complaint is that its not as long wearing as I would like but that tends to be the price you pay for lustre finishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tend to stick to neutral looks for work. My favourite MA recommended this shade to me, I don't think it's anything I would have picked out on my own. She paired it with Viva Glam V lipglass and it looks great! It's now one of my favourite lip combos. The only downside is I find it can be very drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another awful sheer-no-coverage-accentuate fine lines lipstick. This reminds me of Creme d nude. So it's a lustre, it's even worst than the cremesheen finish. This is so sheer, i have no idea why people love this color so much. If you have fine lines and pigmented lips, STAY SWAY from this. Would never buy it. It gives no coverage at all.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No