July 31, 2014 | 1901 users online

Top/Base Coats - Nailtek - Foundation II - Ridge-filling

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

This product in combination with the Nailtek top coat is polish insurance.This base coat provides you with a ridge free palette to put your nail color on top of. Manicures last at least a week for me without those irritating chips that force me to reach for remover. Buy this online for huge savings!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't consider this a base coat, its more of a nail primer. For that reason, I use a moisturizing base coat underneath. Works beautifully to give me matte, totally smooth nails. Plus, it's dirt cheap. I'm already halfway through my bottle and am planning on buying another so I don't end up running out. HG nail product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by strambini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Buy this product if you want longer lasting nail polish and a smoother nail finish.

It works SOOOO well, especially if you team it with Seche Vite Top Coat - your nails will last nearly two weeks with that combo!

Also cool to turn ANY nail polish into a matte finish, if you put it on top.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bustedheadband

I think this is a miracle nail product. I've used a bunch of different base coats and all have done nothing. I didn't even wear nail polish for years because it always made nails break, yellow and peel. I have pretty weak nails, I think, and this is the ONLY thing that has ever allowed me to wear polish more than once every few months. (I wear polish all the time now.)

It goes on easily and dries to a matte finish. I don't buff my nails and it fills in the ridges and gives a completely smooth finish. I have no more peeling (well, very very little -- only near the tips and probably soon to be none). My nails also don't seem to yellow the way they used to. It's been amazing.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by mhobbs2282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I have been searching for a good multi-tasking product to condition my nails, promote growth, and help nail polish adhere. I am happy to report that I believe I have found it! This product does fits ALL of my needs! My polish adheres better than it ever has, my nails have actually grown, and they don't feel overly brittle/hard or dry. After a week of wearing the foundation II and whatever nail polish, I remove it, and my nails are smooth, healthy and long.

I have tried OPI's Nail Envy, Barielle Nail rebuilding Protein, and Duri Rejuvocate, and this product is definitely my HG! I am definitely looking into trying other nailtek products!

TIP: After applying the foundation and nail polish, follow up every other day with a clear nail growth product. I use Duri Rejucovate, it seems I have found a winning combination.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a run in with a buffer that has left my nails peeling for weeks. (BEWARE the seductive lure of the buffer!) While I usually use a top coat, I'd never used base coats. I don't mind applying this first because it works! Quick drying, ridge filling & sheer enough to wear sheer colors over it. I will happily repurchase when I need to.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by justelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this b/c my ring and pinkie nails had become very soft and kept splitting. I followed the directions and applied this daily, and amazingly it worked! Now I just apply a coat before polish, and my nails are still strong. This dries instantly, which is a huge bonus for me. Also, I recently had on a very dark polish for a couple of weeks. To my surprise the color came off very easily and didn't make a huge mess. This protected my nails from the staining of the dark color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG, the best matte finish polish. And its also great as a basecoat. I'm obsessed wearing "Wild West Wild Berry" polish and i use NT over that. Beautiful Finish!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Works so much better than the cheap-o Rimmel base coat I was using prior to this. It has a matte, textured finish, so it can't be worn alone like some base coats can, but it grabs onto the nail and polish much better than a glossier formula. I painted my fingernails with this, a China Glaze polish and Poshe quick-drying top coat and my manicure is still largely intact, a week later. There's some tip wear and minor chipping at the tips, but that's it. I'm very happy with this stuff and am glad the price is pretty reasonable and that it's readily available because I will SO repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the best. I have had ridges through my nails my entire life, and this stuff really does fill them in! After I put my polish on, my nails have a glass like appearance. Best basecoat I've used thus far (although I do admit, my experience is limited).