October 25, 2014 | 877 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2you

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Cristalle EDP presents as feminine and very classy. This is a lovely fragrance and it lifts my spirits. I receive compliments on "how good I smell" long after I cannot detect the fragrance. It seems that Cristalle goes well with my chemistry. I have a large bottle of the EDP and I am going to purchase another when this one is finished. I may have found my signature scent. It is green, floral, but has some depth to it.

*2014* Update- I definitely have found my signature scent in Cristalle EDP. I tried wearing other fragrances, but still come back to this one. I wear it year round. I even like it in the Winter because it reminds me of Spring. Cristalle EDP is a beautiful composition.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A burst of fresh florals with a crystalline notes! I love Cristalle as a different approach to floral-based scents. Created in the 1970s, this has been a long-lived classic among the sea of floral-based fragrances that dominate the market.

The heart of Cristalle is honeysuckle which imparts a soft sweetness that is far from cloying. The opening of fresh citrus awakens the spirit and the long lasting base makes me keep smelling myslef thru the day. True the EDP is longer lasting but the EDT has a lighter and fresher opening compared to the EDP which is a bit deeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jb57

beautiful but too expensive anad not as long lasting as other chanels

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

I understand how this fragrance appeals to people. There is a freshness and a greeness to this ,that is like a breath of fresh air. It's never cloying .
However, it is not me and it 's not for me. I have tried the EDT and EDP . Bearing in mind, Cristalle has been reformulated lately and I have no doubt tested the 'new' version.
The EDP bears up better. It's lasting power is very good compared to the EDT which is just tinny and weak .
The green floral is juiced up in the EDP with a somewhat light powdery and bitter aspect. I don't like the bitter note which smells synthetic to me.
Still a good classic perfume for lovers of green .

Edit : Funny how tastes change. I have both concentrations of Cristalle now and I adore both . If you love Cristalle then you'll probably love Estee Lauder's Jasmine White Moss which is very similar to Cristalle. Worth a try if Cristalle doesn't last long on your skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I recently got this as an edt and I think it's gorgeous! It smells of oakmoss, creamy lemon, hyacinth and lily on my skin and it seems to be really long-lasting on me. If I spray it on in the morning I can still smell it on me in the evening - it just seems to meld with my skin.

I find it to be a very happy and carefree scent but also very chic and sophisticated. I can't get enough of it at the minute, I just want to wear it all the time :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by symbple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just tried this and now my wrist smellslike a butterfly vomitted a posie of flowers on it. This scent is not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by tricksi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the EDP: the notes I took while testing this frangrance: spicy, old fashioned, strangely alluring with it's tart citrus and jasmine. Soapy smelling. I would wear the fragrance if given as a gift but it's not purchase worthy in relation to how much I like it compared to the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have a few bottles of the EDP i bought when this fragrance first came out. i find the EDP richer and longer lasting. i like my scents with sillage. seldom do i buy more than one bottle at a time of such an expensive scent but i realized i had found a keeper. a great summer stunner. fresh and complex without being overpowering. intial spray for me was a lemony floral citrus which dried down perfectly to mellow mossy base with the floral notes hanging in the background. i would buy again but from what i understand the formulation has been changed. thankfully it will be awhile before i run out my original bottles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, I have a very strange attitude towards Chanels in general!
I really like Coco, Chanel No5 Eau Premiere and of course Cristalle..
I absolutely DON'T like No 5,No 19 nor Coco Mademoiselle...
It is weird! Since I first tried Cristalle, I felt something going on with us two...I didn't actually like it at first but now, some 10 years later, I got it! I seems to me I didn't ''understand'' it then-that's the most accurate expression there is! Chanels really need to be understood and appreciated so you can enjoy them to the max! After few heavy ''Balboa nose trainings'', I learned to specify the very composition (the heart) of a perfume, considering the notes and sillage, so this is my humble verdict:

Chanel Cristalle is by all meanings green,cold,bitter chypre which tends to smell a bit masculine too, but weirdly on me it isn't!
EDP smells like beautiful green and creamy chypre that is so kinda familliar from somewhere...you know, when you get a whif of a prefume and it lingers in your head for a long time, you can subconsciously ''recognize'' it, just like the Madeleine cookie, translating you to some distant time and space dimansion and dream-like atmosphere....
I'm not keen on comparing perfumes or connecting them with a particular occasion or period in my life, but this Chanel brings up only happiness!! A very vaguely hidden in the corner of my head, almost atavisticly and subconsciously ''glued'' to my sensory parts...
What I want to say-it is a fantastic ''time-machine'' scent...warm,very unique,smells like something luxurious and chic ( due to the 'rotten peaches and vetyver note...as a member nailed it perfectly)..like, old, but in a good way, it smells like history, it smells like everything the name Chanel stands for...classy and exclusive perfume meant for every woman, but wearable for the ones who know how to wear it properly!!
Someone said it beautifully-it is not a scent, it is a ''basic stuff'' like putting your clothes on in the morning..it doesn't have a perfumy character...it is character for itself!!
wonderful!!!

four lippies just because it is pretty expensive and not my HG scent..other than that- a breed perfume!

( hail my little Cesar for buying it for me:*!!)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I keep wanting to like this, but it always smells like cooked vegetables on me after a few minutes. The initial scent is beautiful- lemons, green, dry chypre and a hint if floral notes.I have only tried the EDT and have sent for a sample of the EDP so maybe that one will work. The notes of lemon and chypre sound sophisticated and refreshing, but ends up so icky with my chemistry. So, try before you buy.