April 17, 2014 | 1966 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by symbple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just tried this and now my wrist smellslike a butterfly vomitted a posie of flowers on it. This scent is not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by tricksi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the EDP: the notes I took while testing this frangrance: spicy, old fashioned, strangely alluring with it's tart citrus and jasmine. Soapy smelling. I would wear the fragrance if given as a gift but it's not purchase worthy in relation to how much I like it compared to the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have a few bottles of the EDP i bought when this fragrance first came out. i find the EDP richer and longer lasting. i like my scents with sillage. seldom do i buy more than one bottle at a time of such an expensive scent but i realized i had found a keeper. a great summer stunner. fresh and complex without being overpowering. intial spray for me was a lemony floral citrus which dried down perfectly to mellow mossy base with the floral notes hanging in the background. i would buy again but from what i understand the formulation has been changed. thankfully it will be awhile before i run out my original bottles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, I have a very strange attitude towards Chanels in general!
I really like Coco, Chanel No5 Eau Premiere and of course Cristalle..
I absolutely DON'T like No 5,No 19 nor Coco Mademoiselle...
It is weird! Since I first tried Cristalle, I felt something going on with us two...I didn't actually like it at first but now, some 10 years later, I got it! I seems to me I didn't ''understand'' it then-that's the most accurate expression there is! Chanels really need to be understood and appreciated so you can enjoy them to the max! After few heavy ''Balboa nose trainings'', I learned to specify the very composition (the heart) of a perfume, considering the notes and sillage, so this is my humble verdict:

Chanel Cristalle is by all meanings green,cold,bitter chypre which tends to smell a bit masculine too, but weirdly on me it isn't!
EDP smells like beautiful green and creamy chypre that is so kinda familliar from somewhere...you know, when you get a whif of a prefume and it lingers in your head for a long time, you can subconsciously ''recognize'' it, just like the Madeleine cookie, translating you to some distant time and space dimansion and dream-like atmosphere....
I'm not keen on comparing perfumes or connecting them with a particular occasion or period in my life, but this Chanel brings up only happiness!! A very vaguely hidden in the corner of my head, almost atavisticly and subconsciously ''glued'' to my sensory parts...
What I want to say-it is a fantastic ''time-machine'' scent...warm,very unique,smells like something luxurious and chic ( due to the 'rotten peaches and vetyver note...as a member nailed it perfectly)..like, old, but in a good way, it smells like history, it smells like everything the name Chanel stands for...classy and exclusive perfume meant for every woman, but wearable for the ones who know how to wear it properly!!
Someone said it beautifully-it is not a scent, it is a ''basic stuff'' like putting your clothes on in the morning..it doesn't have a perfumy character...it is character for itself!!
wonderful!!!

four lippies just because it is pretty expensive and not my HG scent..other than that- a breed perfume!

( hail my little Cesar for buying it for me:*!!)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I keep wanting to like this, but it always smells like cooked vegetables on me after a few minutes. The initial scent is beautiful- lemons, green, dry chypre and a hint if floral notes.I have only tried the EDT and have sent for a sample of the EDP so maybe that one will work. The notes of lemon and chypre sound sophisticated and refreshing, but ends up so icky with my chemistry. So, try before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Chypre is my favorite aroma. There is something about it that just moves me.

I wore this in my late 20s and then developed terrible allergies and had to do away with perfume. Several years (and allergist appointments), I am slowly incorporating fragrance back in my life and enjoying it.

I began going through the massive list of fragrances I used to wear - some made me laugh (Sun, Moon and Stars), some made me cry (Deci Dela) and some took my breath away. Chanel Cristalle took my breath away. I remembered the wonderful spray oil Chanel made in this fragrance and I remembered GOOD times in my life.

I like to walk in a room and turn heads in a very discrete way - "look the woman in the black dress and pearls" or "there is something about her" and Cristalle does that.

It is not a stand up and take notice perfume. It isn't a stomp your feet and make a scene but if you've inhaled it...you remember it. Just like me...

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another of the only two scents I can tolerate from the Chanel fragrance line [I find the others too strong, thus nauseating]. It's a crisp, clean scent with notes of citrus that gives it an energizing feel. Would've wanted a bottle of EDT for myself, however, its price is far too expensive for my taste, thus I'll just enjoy its scent on other people for now. Hahaha.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have wanted to wear this ever since I read Wonder Boys--the transvestite in that one wears Cristalle. (EDIT: I notice now that this was also slightly referenced below--although I didn't realize it had been made into a film. Hm!) Cristalle sounds like a lovely fragrance; however, Cristalle is weird. It doesn't smell to me like what a transvestite would wear, nor is it uplifting or freshly sexy or happy. To me this smells very clinical, very harsh, very chemical and somewhat sour. It's an overwhelming fragrance (perhaps this larger-than-life, hello-I-am-wearing-fragrance quality that comes with one spritz of Cristalle is what inspired Michael Chabon to assign it to a tranny) but regardless, this smelled offensive on me. After it had a couple hours to settle down it calmed into a not so in-your-face version of Raid. I haven't yet come across any Chanels that I particularly enjoy, but Cristalle is by far the one that has provoked the strongest negative reaction.

Notes: Mandarin, Peach, Lily of the Valley, Sicilian Lemon, Bergamot; Jasmine, Iris, Rosewood, Hyacinth; Vetiver, Oakmoss

continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always loved Chanel frangrances and have them used almost exclusively for many, many years. I love Allure, Allure Sensuelle, No 5, Eau Premier, Coco, No. 19, some boutique fragrances... pretty much any of their fragrances just not Coco Mademoiselle. Well, Cristalle is one my top favourite fragrances. While I orginally bought and wore Cristalle many, many years ago, once Allure came out I shelved it. After being faithful to Allure for many years (it is still my HG), I just realized that too many women around me (especially at work) have started wearing it and I can't stand wearing the same fragrance in such a close surrounding. I decided to shelve that one for a bit and since I am not into the sweety/ultra-fruity fragrances of the present, I went back to sniff my "oldies" section of my fragrance closet... The two "winners" that came out were Cristalle and No. 19 and I've been wearing them interchangeably without a break for several months now. I use Cristalle EDP as I find it just a lot more complex and longer-staying than the EDT, and although I bought EDT as well, I ended up exchanging it for a bottle of EDP. I like Cristalle because aside from being a beautiful fragrance, it is fairly a unique one (just like Allure is which is why I love it) and you just know when you smell it that it's Cristalle.
BTW, every time I put Cristalle on, I remember the movie Wonder Boys and this dialogue:

[Sara smells Antonia's perfume on Grady's clothes]
Sara Gaskell: Is that Cristalle?
Grady Tripp: Mm.
Sara Gaskell: My God, I wear the same scent as a transvestite.

[Grady Tripp is played by Michael Douglas and Sara Gaskell by Frances McDormand]

:-))))))))))

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by silverin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chanel Cristalle is a fresh chypre that seems to be polarizing. It's not a "meh" scent; it's a love it or hate it fragrance. I seem to be one of the few who likes the EDP and EDT versions. This was my very first grown-up perfume and I've worn it since the seventies.My best friend in high school said it smelled like an ashtray, but a high school boyfriend liked to let me wear his letter jacket so it would smell like me (like Cristalle, really).

If you like Cristalle, you might also like Eau de Rochas, Eau de Hadrien, Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert, and Libertine by Vivienne Westwood. If you don't like Cristalle, you might like the other perfumes instead, because, although they are chypres, Cristalle doesn't have any close kin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No