July 24, 2014 | 1772 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by paulaheise

I purchased the trio for green eyes as well as the plum eyeliner. I didn't wind up using all of the colors as directed on the back of the package. The dark green was way too dark. I do like the plum color - it really makes my eyes stand out. I like the way the eyeliner goes on, too; however, I am already looking for a replacement because none of the makeup lasts past lunch. By the time I get home, every bit of it has worn off. I'm very disappointed because I thought Almay was a good brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2006 10:14:00 PM More reviews by coolbeans222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The commercial this is SO deciveing! the lady has light blue/ grey eyes and then when she puts it on she has DARK DARK unnatural blue eyes. Last time i checked eyeshadow cant change the actualy color of ur eyeball. i have this for green it reeks

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Syrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the kit I color for blues, despite reservations that brown (and it's a warm brown in this kit) and blue (a cool color) would look good together. I was right--they don't. I applied per package instructions (brown on lid, dark blue in crease and "light" blue on browbone)--the effect was, shall I say, icky. Icky like a bruise that's sat around past the "really scary blue and black phase" and has moved into the "even scarier green and brown phase." The shadows themselves seem to be decent quality--although the light blue "highlighter" color is in no way light enough to be on your browbone (this one was really the kicker when it came to lending the "shiner" look)--but IMHO they should never, never, ever be used together. I would say that I'll probably use the brown shade solo in the future. I only gave it a 2 because the brown is kind of decent--a medium bronze-y golden tone. ***Edit: After reading even more of the other reviews, I was wondering (and I'm not an eyeshadow expert here--) maybe the reason they don't look good on me has to do more with overall coloring than just eye color. We all have a variety of skin/hair/undertones that interplay with the color of our eyes...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2005 2:35:00 AM More reviews by awful_cherry

I LOVE the individual shadows. I have the brown quad and I'm very impressed with the quality of the shadow. The middle, light brown color is amazing -- very smooth and shimmery, and it glides on almost like a cream shadow. I just wish that it came in either individual colors (I've never used regular almay eyeshadows; they might be similar quality but I've never found a color I really liked at the drugstore) or there was more than one quad for each eye color. I rarely wear all the colors together, and I don't know that they're any more flattering to my eye color than other safe-for-brown-eyes colors would be (I have a large collection of brown eye shadows) but they're very high quality shadows for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2005 6:53:00 PM More reviews by tinagee

"04 Trio for Greens" does have the theoretical color combo to complement green EYES, but if you're an olive skin tone (like I am, NC25), the lighter green/highlight shade will look AWFUL on your browbone!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2005 4:49:00 PM More reviews by marie11675

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the green eye kit, at first shock at the mix of colors, loomed in my mind. I followed the instructions, it looked horrid. I than decided to use my own color mix. I used the bright green with a liner brush on my upper lids, and than did my eye with the purple color, and used light green as a highlight by my brows. It looked really good, and noticed people staring into my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenof14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice product, gives eyes great "pop" with three coordinated shades that blend together nicely. There are four packets, each specially designed for an eye color(green, blue, brown, and hazel). The only turnoffs are that they expect you to buy the mascara and the eyeliner that completes the package seperately, and they cost about an extra $6 each, and that's at a cheap store. Also, there is that classic rule "blue eyes never wear blue eye shadow" and 2 of the 3 shades in the blue eyes package are blue. But overall, it is a nice product that really does intensify your eye colors. See reviews on the Almay Intense i-color mascara and eyeliner for more info.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2005 5:23:00 PM More reviews by orchard20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good product, though not as wonderful as they made it look on the commercial. I have this in the Tri for blues and although it does bring my eye color out, it is harder to blend then I would have thought...especially with the light blue color. I found using a shimmery highlighter under the brow bone makes it look better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by bluecaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the eyeshadow for blue eyes, and I absolutely adore it!
These are the shades that I've always chosen for my blue eyes, but it was wonderful to have them all together like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2005 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in the kit for green eyes. I absolutely cannot wear the purplish shade because it brings out the redness in my face and gives me that 'punched out' look. However, when I just use the 2 green colors it looks really good. I put the light green color from lash to brow, and then use the darker green in the outer half of the lid. These colors do make my eyes look greener. I have always noticed that with my other green e/s - they make my eyes pop.