April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS: This did control my oily skin! Imo, the smell is nice. It would also work as a highlighter.

CONS: MESSY! It's less messy if you put tape over some of the holes though. I really didn't like the puff in this, not useful at all. The color options are way too light! I'm not even that dark, and the Translucent Medium made me look so pale! This was very cakey, made my pores look huge, and made me breakout! The breakouts were probably from the perfume in this. It made my face look really pink too :P The quality wasn't worth what I payed for, not buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I bought this because I really needed a loose powder to set my makeup for prom, and due to the spending norm of prom time I cannot afford to go to sephora or mac and get the usual things I would've so I decided to try this out. I'm in the shade translucent medium. It has clean strong smell while still in packaging, I like it, but I can understand why a lot of reviews say it's not their preference. Second, the packaging isn't anything special, nor horrible but the sifter does take out much more product that I need, but that's an easy fix as well. Best thing about this is I really only need a tiny amount to set my face compared to other more high end ones that I've needed to put much more on my brush. It doesn't make me look cakey, I really hate that too much powder face that I see on a lot of people. Also, it's easy to build up if more coverage is needed. Being honest for 8.99 CDN at shoppers drug mart (obviously would have been cheaper if I had time to go to walmart but oh well) it was a STEAL. I love it, and I'm going to be repurchasing when I run out. Why would I spend 20-50 dollars on a translucent powder when this does the job fantastically? I'm not a fan of CG products due to past experiences but eh, it's a hidden gem for me.

Update:
After having this product for over a year I realized this was wearing off easily and making my foundation look cakeyish. Not enough to look cakey for long periods of time but I noticed after trying my face products without it, it really didn't help control oil nor keep my foundation on longer. So it's more a powder that I had because when I started out I thought POWDER IS A MUST in terms of setting a foundation. I have realized it's kind of a waste an I'm happy that I didn't spend a lot, I'll use it up but won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by JanetPlanet98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for $5, and it works great. My Max Factor powder broke, so I was looking for an alternative. Over all it works great. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. It doesn't make my face look cakey or oily. People have said in previous reviews that its shimmery, but I have not noticed this yet.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by dotgirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this in the lightest shade offered, and it made my face look orange. Also, it had a very strong fragrance to it. It wasn't overpowering, however, and I wouldn't have minded it if it had actually looked good on my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what made me buy this but it wasn't worth it. It smells weird, made me itchy & the lightest color was pretty dark. It oxidized so much people were asking me if I used bronzer as a foundation for the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I found out about this product from watching a youtube video. I also use high end loose powders such as shu uemura which I absolutely love but is really expensive over $40 for a tub. So I thought, why not give this a try?

Use: I would say this stuff works just OK, to catch fall out and to brighten up underneath your eyes. I did not use this all over my face, I used a pressed powder for the rest of my face. Seemed easy enough to blend out.

Cons: The packaging. The worse quality about this product is it's packaging, it is cheap and easy to lose product every time you open and close it. The smell is like baby powder (this may be a pro to you if you like that)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by bethy999

I LOVE this powder. I've tried more expensive brands (MAC, Laura Mercier, and NARS) but they all either didn't match and then I completely wasted money, or they were too cakey. This powder is so lightweight and keeps my T-zone from getting oily. I use my large round brush and sweep it on top of my foundation and it keeps it set. Very inexpensive, large amount of powder and lightweight. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

my skin coloring varies between fair and medium based on if i'm tan or not, lightest being NC/NW 15 and darkest around NW 25. i use the light shade when i'm lighter and the medium shade at my darkest. i love this powder, i think it easily rivals more expensive setting powders such as Laura Mercier or MAC (i have tried both), and this is just as good, if not better due to the lower cost. i use this after foundation and concealer, i pat this product on with a velour type puff and gently roll/buff the powder in to set my makeup. i feel this controls shine and oiliness very well, with little need to reapply or blot. will always have in my stash, with multiples at work and in my car.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I love this to set my foundation! It covers pores and blemishes beautifully.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Kris20

Tried this out to set my foundation and it made me look super greasy will never get again!