October 2, 2014 | 969 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very hydrating. I like that it's natural. the scent is okay, doesn't bother me since its natural fragrance. it does fade but I could see why some people might not like it. this is the new and improved formula. I may repurchase in future but I also like aveeno too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Definitely one of my HG body lotions! Especially now that they have improved the formula (99% natural and doesn’t leave a waxy residue on the skin anymore). Here are my reasons for the 5 lippies ~the smell is divine ~readily available ~all natural ~and super moisturizing. Now it can seem a bit pricy but you can find it on sale at target and other drugstores!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

I actually have this in the Shea butter and vitamin e body lotion. Its fragrance free but it smells like plastic ): I'm usually not sensitive to smells so I'm surprised this bothered me so much. The ultimate test tho is if it gets a negative reaction from my bf then its a definite return. He took one smell and made this hilarious face. Back to the store it goes. However it does moisturize well, isn't too greasy, and you get a good amount of 6 oz. For around 7$@ Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good moisturizing lotion, almost thick enough to be a cream. It absorbs fairly quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I use this mainly to moisturize my hands and it leaves them so soft! But as others mentioned, it all comes down to the scent. It is quite strong, but I find the scent to be comforting and not perfumey: warm, milky with light creamy citrus, plus a hint of honey. Burt's Bees now sells this lotion in a squeeze tube with a flip cap (in 2.5, 6 and 10 oz?), perfect for tossing in a hand bag or bringing along on a trip. This product does not contain any sulfates, parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals, packaging is made from 50% post-consumer recyclable materials, and is not tested on animals. There are obviously other lotions on the market that do just as a good of a job (or better) at moisturizing for a comparable or cheaper price, but this is a nice alternative if you're looking for a little something "luxurious" at a drugstore price. If fragrance in products irritates you, this is definitely a product you should avoid.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MapleBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is an assault to the nose. I applied a small dollop of this lotion from a tester bottle on my arms when I was at Target and I immediately regretted it. The smell of this product is rancid. Although I washed the product off when I went home, the scent remained with me for the rest of the night. Regardless of its moisturizing properties, the scent was just too overbearing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I've had this in my closet(along with Burt's Bees Milk & Shea Butter bodywash) for a VERY long time. Both products work "ok", but not special. The main reason they sat in my closet is the same for both:
The scent.

The Milk & Honey Body Lotion has a VERY strong scent. And the bad part is that it doesn't smell like milk -or- honey. It's like they didn't know WHAT they wanted it to smell like. So it's kind of like a cookie, mint, lemon, and something else kinda chalky and heavy. That might sound good in print, but in person it's a different experience. It's overwhelming, suffocating, and very unpleasant.

The moisturizing quality is "ok." But not worth the price. Or the scent. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE the smell of this! in fact, thats my favorite thing about it. as the reviewer a couple spots below me said, its not a ridiculously good lotion, but not bad either. IMO it moisturizes just a little better than the average lotion. I would rebuy this just for the smell alone though, really sweet, but not in the way that i'd want to eat it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Dude this stuff stinks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm guessing I had the one bad bottle? I found this thin and runny, and smelling like cherry cough syrup. My skin neither itch nor burned, but I couldn't stand the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this smell. In fact, that's pretty much the only reason I buy this, because I don't think the lotion itself is anything special (not bad, just nothing out of this world.) But something about the unique scent is so comforting to me. Hard to describe, but it's a combination of sweet, sticky honey plus that distinct milky smell that babies have. I use this before bed because I find the scent so comforting. But if you don't like the smell, there's nothing else redeeming about this lotion. I would give it 5 lippies if I thought it moisturized better overall. BTW, I think this smells significantly different on your skin than it does just taking a whiff out of the bottle, so try some on your arms before you judge!