April 23, 2014 | 1055 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MapleBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is an assault to the nose. I applied a small dollop of this lotion from a tester bottle on my arms when I was at Target and I immediately regretted it. The smell of this product is rancid. Although I washed the product off when I went home, the scent remained with me for the rest of the night. Regardless of its moisturizing properties, the scent was just too overbearing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I've had this in my closet(along with Burt's Bees Milk & Shea Butter bodywash) for a VERY long time. Both products work "ok", but not special. The main reason they sat in my closet is the same for both:
The scent.

The Milk & Honey Body Lotion has a VERY strong scent. And the bad part is that it doesn't smell like milk -or- honey. It's like they didn't know WHAT they wanted it to smell like. So it's kind of like a cookie, mint, lemon, and something else kinda chalky and heavy. That might sound good in print, but in person it's a different experience. It's overwhelming, suffocating, and very unpleasant.

The moisturizing quality is "ok." But not worth the price. Or the scent. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE the smell of this! in fact, thats my favorite thing about it. as the reviewer a couple spots below me said, its not a ridiculously good lotion, but not bad either. IMO it moisturizes just a little better than the average lotion. I would rebuy this just for the smell alone though, really sweet, but not in the way that i'd want to eat it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Dude this stuff stinks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm guessing I had the one bad bottle? I found this thin and runny, and smelling like cherry cough syrup. My skin neither itch nor burned, but I couldn't stand the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this smell. In fact, that's pretty much the only reason I buy this, because I don't think the lotion itself is anything special (not bad, just nothing out of this world.) But something about the unique scent is so comforting to me. Hard to describe, but it's a combination of sweet, sticky honey plus that distinct milky smell that babies have. I use this before bed because I find the scent so comforting. But if you don't like the smell, there's nothing else redeeming about this lotion. I would give it 5 lippies if I thought it moisturized better overall. BTW, I think this smells significantly different on your skin than it does just taking a whiff out of the bottle, so try some on your arms before you judge!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by LilleHavfrue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, the smell is strong and maybe not for everyone. But I kinda like it. The fragrance is hard to describe. Definitely sweet. You should check it out before buying.
The lotion itself is a good moisturizer. Leaves my skin very smooth and feeling great!
I will buy this again because I like the smell and my skin feels nice and moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff brings back memories. It reminds me of Bonnaroo, my best friend and roommate from college, the summer before I started college. This fragrance is just glorious, like fresh milk and honey, the consistency is a little sticky, which I don't mind. I love this lotion. I usually buy mine at Whole Foods. It's just a very pleasant smell, and it will make your arms so soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have no clue what some of these weirdos are talking about with the scent lol. It smells FINE. A public bathroom? C'mon ppl, a little dramatic, wouldn't u say? This lotion is thicker than the original, which is better and it smells good. Love, Love Burt's Bees products. Would def repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by moggi

I liked the smell; it was a mildly sweet scent with a hint of citrus. However, the consistency was too runny and it wasn't as moisturizing as I would have liked, unlike the Honey and Shea body butter, which I love.