Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

on 4/12/2011 11:00:00 AM

This is about as close to an HG product as I get with my hair. I've been using this faithfully for years on my wavy/curly, coarse yet thin, color treated hair. It acts more like a leave-in conditioner imo than a styling treatment but it definitely helps to keep my hair soft and tame.

on 3/27/2011 10:10:00 AM

Its an average product, i have slightly wavy hair, coloured and it just does do much for my hair.
i do however enjoy the fact that it tames the fly aways
however it absorbs quite quickly, maybe even before i work it into my hair.

on 3/25/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

A little bit goes a long, long way!
Provides control for your hair, weightless styling, great for blow drys especially round brushing. I really like to mix this with the stylixer or the taming exlixr that Sebastian also makes.

It is pretty moisturizing and if you're using too much, you'll know because the weightless styling becomes heavy.

(I marked this as cheap because I found it at Ross for $4. YMMV as to how much you find it for.)

There is a lot I like about this product:

1. Great smell
2. Makes my hair soft

OK, I guess that's only two things, it seemed like more.

What I don't like is the fact that I think I have developed a bit of buildup... possibly as a result of using way too much. After reading some of these reviews I think I'm using about three times as much as I should be. As a result sometimes freshly washed hair looks greasy... so don't use too much.

Oh, and another thing I like is that if I get too lazy to blow dry my hair it does not dry crunchy like hair gel does. Win!

on 1/7/2011 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a classic for a reason. Dry, frizzy ends are softened and strengthened. Without it, I must wait for my hair to dry before putting it up, or it will look horrible when I let it back down; with it, it looks shiny and healthy. It also seems to protect the hair from heat damage. Love it, will always repurchase when I run out.

I have thick, wavy hair about two inches past my shoulders, and this is one of the few products that provides moisture without making my hair look greasy or irritating my scalp. My stylist said that i could use it when straightening my hair as well, but I have not yet tried that.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the 2004 version of this product.Thus, although I can't guarantee 100% accuracy in my review, I can guarantee high accuracy and even very high accuracy considering the fact that I'm not aware that they changed the formula. This is an orange leave in cream, quite liquidy, that if I remember correctly, supposedly promises to leave your hair 'soft as string'(once again, excuse me for inaccuracies). On my thick, coarse, dry frizzy curly 3b, 3c and 4a hair it did have a softening effect. However, it gave nothing in terms of control or shine or even deep penetrating nourishment.. Also, it is quite expensive, and one bottle contains a very small amount of product. For me, a ladywith thick hair that needs nourishment, it is impractical to constantly run out and buy bottles which contain that little product(and if I may say so, pay the relatively expensive price). This is an average product- definitely not a product to shout from the rooftops about and I won't purchase again.

on 12/16/2010 4:09:00 AM

I have tried everything to tame my naturally curly, fine but lots of it and coarse, unprocessed (no heat or colour) hair. I mean everything, Living Proof, all the supermarkets one, Redken, Bumble and Bumble, Kerastase, Ojon, Aveda, Paul Mitchel and this one comes out tops!
My hairdresser used it a few months ago on me and I come home and washed my hair and it felt crispy and coated. However in my quest to try something else I purchased another small bottle. I was condition as usual then in the shower I put a lot on, about 2-3 10p piece sizes (past should length hair) smooth it in well without brushing then wrap in a towel whilst getting dressed and make up. I then let it down and as it dries it is perfectly formed, bouncy waves and curls, no frizz at all and so soft! I feel like I am in an advert!
May update this later to see what it is like by the end of the day!

on 12/6/2010 12:08:00 PM

I really like using this. I put about a nickel to quarter sized dollop in after I towel dry my hair and before blow drying. Defintely helps tame frizzies, and helps make my hair shiney and soft and helps hold my style. I usually straighten my hair afterwards, and it seems to help keep my hair straight. It's not a super amazing product, but I like it better than most of the other stuff I've tried on the market (I've tried lots!). Would buy again!

on 11/17/2010 1:09:00 AM

I have very thick wavy/curly hair that tends to get frizzy if I don't put a lot of product in it. I have tried so many products but finally feel that I have found a product that I can rely on. I use a generous amount on my towel dried hair along with Pantene Pro-V mousse. I sometimes let it air dry or blow dry it partially. It makes my hair very soft and smooth and helps to tame the frizzy parts. I would repurchase this product.

Top Rated Sebastian Products