April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Styling Products - Sebastian - Potion 9

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a classic for a reason. Dry, frizzy ends are softened and strengthened. Without it, I must wait for my hair to dry before putting it up, or it will look horrible when I let it back down; with it, it looks shiny and healthy. It also seems to protect the hair from heat damage. Love it, will always repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by bellefromburgh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have thick, wavy hair about two inches past my shoulders, and this is one of the few products that provides moisture without making my hair look greasy or irritating my scalp. My stylist said that i could use it when straightening my hair as well, but I have not yet tried that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the 2004 version of this product.Thus, although I can't guarantee 100% accuracy in my review, I can guarantee high accuracy and even very high accuracy considering the fact that I'm not aware that they changed the formula. This is an orange leave in cream, quite liquidy, that if I remember correctly, supposedly promises to leave your hair 'soft as string'(once again, excuse me for inaccuracies). On my thick, coarse, dry frizzy curly 3b, 3c and 4a hair it did have a softening effect. However, it gave nothing in terms of control or shine or even deep penetrating nourishment.. Also, it is quite expensive, and one bottle contains a very small amount of product. For me, a ladywith thick hair that needs nourishment, it is impractical to constantly run out and buy bottles which contain that little product(and if I may say so, pay the relatively expensive price). This is an average product- definitely not a product to shout from the rooftops about and I won't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Meisie100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried everything to tame my naturally curly, fine but lots of it and coarse, unprocessed (no heat or colour) hair. I mean everything, Living Proof, all the supermarkets one, Redken, Bumble and Bumble, Kerastase, Ojon, Aveda, Paul Mitchel and this one comes out tops!
My hairdresser used it a few months ago on me and I come home and washed my hair and it felt crispy and coated. However in my quest to try something else I purchased another small bottle. I was condition as usual then in the shower I put a lot on, about 2-3 10p piece sizes (past should length hair) smooth it in well without brushing then wrap in a towel whilst getting dressed and make up. I then let it down and as it dries it is perfectly formed, bouncy waves and curls, no frizz at all and so soft! I feel like I am in an advert!
May update this later to see what it is like by the end of the day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

I really like using this. I put about a nickel to quarter sized dollop in after I towel dry my hair and before blow drying. Defintely helps tame frizzies, and helps make my hair shiney and soft and helps hold my style. I usually straighten my hair afterwards, and it seems to help keep my hair straight. It's not a super amazing product, but I like it better than most of the other stuff I've tried on the market (I've tried lots!). Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by feelinblushed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very thick wavy/curly hair that tends to get frizzy if I don't put a lot of product in it. I have tried so many products but finally feel that I have found a product that I can rely on. I use a generous amount on my towel dried hair along with Pantene Pro-V mousse. I sometimes let it air dry or blow dry it partially. It makes my hair very soft and smooth and helps to tame the frizzy parts. I would repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by cristalle65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG for a leave in conditioner. I like the smell but it goes away... I have long, fine, med. thickness hair which is highlighted and this stops the straw-like feeling after I wash it. I apply a root volumizer and then apply Potion 9, from my ears down and concentrate it on the ends. My stylist has commented on the good condition of my hair despite repeated highlighting. It makes my hair feel and look fuller and seems to discourage split ends which is what I'm looking for in a treatment. I don't notice any hold in my hairstyle but that's not why I use it so its all good

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I gave this a 4 only because a week ago I wanted to give this a 0! I could not make it work for me no matter what, n I was dead frustrated considering I paid S$110 at d salon!
I read through all 40pages of reviews n finally made it work so thank ladies! The trick is to use very LIttLe!! Hair stylist told me 2 whole pumps for my chest length hair! Utter rubbish! Made it crunchy n sticky even after blow drying! Now I use a thumbnail size of potion 9, super defined soft nice smelling curls! Alittle too defined but I can live with it! Miracle in a bottle considering you need almost no prduct or it to work! I apply on towel dried hair, add some Redken fresh curls curl refiner, and top it up with Kerastase oleo relax leave in to tame frizziness! Love it now!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smoothed down fly-aways and frizzies. Provided control. I put this on to let my curls air dry and it worked great. A little goes a long way.

CONS: If you don't have dry hair like mine, this might be a bit too "moisturizing." It's sort of in between a leave-in conditioner and a gel, like a controlling cream (closer to a conditioner.) Weighed my fine hair down just a bit. (Have to apply just to ends...and even sparingly there.) Smell is not so great.

ALTERNATES: I now use "Garnier Wonder Wave Wave Perfecting Spray" sprayed into my hand to scrunch my ends with. I then take Suave Captivating Curls Mousse and adore the combo, for very defined but not crunchy curls. Then, while the curls are still quite damp, I scrunch Garnier's Power Putty Mess Maker onto my ends for better separation and even a bit more body.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by xoxo007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A must have. I have wavy hair that tends to get dry from heat syling. This is the ONLY hair product I've tried among, serums, creams, etc. that really gets my hair feeling soft, healthy and especially frizz free without a crunchy feel or alcohol smell which I hate. I'll never stop using this. When I just want to leave my hair alone and not use my blow dryer out of the shower, I use this. Its great.