Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 7/15/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Rimmel ... Why did you create such a wonderful product and package it in such crappy materials! The label fades off and then after awhile the plastic just doesn't screw on properly. Which I'm not a fan off.., BUT... The powder itself is really good. If you're oily, this may just be a good drugstore powder to try. Keeps you matte for a couple of hours but you'll still need to touch up if you're super duper oily. Colour range is alright, I don't really know if this will match everyone's skin tone and undertone but if you could find a colour match, try it. This didn't break me out (bonus) and provides a teeny bit of extra coverage to the skin. Not nearly full coverage but just enough to really make your foundation look good. I also use this on my eyelids since they get super duper oily too. Doesn't accentuate your pores, look cakey. I can't really say much about clinging to dry matches since my skin isn't dry but I will say that this is worth the price. Good job Rimmel, now just fix your packaging and you're golden.

on 7/15/2015 1:36:00 PM

So I had to try this since everyone seems to love it and I am a constant oil slick. I agree that the packaging leaves a lot to be desired but since I don't carry it around with me, it doesn't become the bane of my existence like it does to others. I use it in the morning and leave it in my kit. For spot checks during the day, I use Neutrogena's Shine Control powder. The Stay Matte seems to be pretty finely milled so I appreciate that. I can't stand when a powder is, well, powdery. When it seems like you're wasting more than you're putting on your face. I have used it everyday for at least a month and just barely hit the pan so it lasts, too. As far as wear, I don't have to blot as often but I can't contribute that solely to this. I also started using L'Oreal's Infallible foundation which I also like. I would absolutely buy this again. It does the job for a great price so why not?

on 7/14/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have oily skin and this product only last about 2 hours before you have to blot and reapply. I was hoping it would work since I had seen good reviews for it, but it did not live up to what it says!

on 7/11/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Instant favorite! I've been using this product (in Transparent) for about 2 weeks, and I am in loooove. I pat it on with an ELF powder brush after applying my TM very sheerly, and it never looks cakey or overdone. My normal/oily-Tzone skin is taking to this product so nicely -- I only have to blot once a day (around 2pm, after almost 7 hours of wear). My skin is pretty inert so I haven't had any reactions or breakouts to the powder. The face of the powder has a lovely fleur-de-lis on it, but I am not a huge fan of the packaging in general: I wish the lid had a hinge. I'm also being very careful with it because I know it would be ruined if I dropped the compact on the floor. I would absolutely repurchase!

$3.99 for a generous amount of powder at Target stores and online at drugstore.com

on 7/11/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate that they reformulated this powder. The version with the black packaging was my holy grail face powder. It kept me matte and provided coverage when applied with a small kabuki brush. The new version contains oil and glitter. Absolutely awful. Pales in comparison to the original and it broke me out.

Shame on you, Rimmel.

I rate the old version 5 lippies and the new one 1 lippie.

on 7/10/2015 11:11:00 PM

It doesn't cake or cling to dry areas. It's a really great powder.

on 7/9/2015 6:01:00 PM

Daily wear holy grail. I have combination skin, but when I'm caked up this one really helps.

Great powder. I have very oily skin, so I'm always on the lookout for a matte powder. The only thing about this I don't like is that it doesn't come with a mirror or brush.

on 7/3/2015 7:10:00 AM

i find this is the only pressed powder that helps to keep me shine free. you still need to touch up during the day, but i certainly notice the difference if i dont use it. make sure you only use a light amount and press on gently with a powder brush as it can quickly become cakey.

on 6/29/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This powder is absolutely useless. I find that my brush hardly picks up any product so I can't tell if it's going on, etc. There is absolutely no oil control and it's equivalent to using nothing at all. The packaging is terrible with a flimsy lid that isn't secured--feels like dollar store "makeup."

Video Reviews & Tutorials