Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 5/18/2015 11:11:00 PM

I like this over the ELF HD powder. It's very affordable & when I ran out, I noticed a difference. It helps mattify my face & make my makeup last longer. I get it in translucent. I just wish the lid was attached.

on 5/18/2015 4:35:00 AM

<3 My HG powder (Apart from studio fix) its amazing and the price is fab! 110% recommend to anybody just starting out with makeup

on 5/18/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A great finishing powder! Everyone needs a face powder in their makeup collection, whether it's for setting their makeup, touching up, or for fighting shine. This is something I would believe someone who is missing a powder, would just pick up at their local drugstore for an inexpensive price. It does not disappoint, as it is gives exactly what you would expect from a powder.
I use it to set my bb cream and concealer in my morning routine, and it helps my face makeup last longer. However, I do notice some shine returning as the day goes on, but nothing that can't be fixed with a quick touch-up.
This does not visibly clog my pores or break out my skin(I have a sensitive-oily type). The scent smells reminiscent of baby powder, probably because its main ingredient is talc alike.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, whether a young beginner or makeup artist!

on 5/17/2015 2:33:00 PM

I use this powder to finish up my foundation look. It is ok but can look cakey and emphasizes pores. I don't think I'd buy again. It's just too heavy for me.

on 5/14/2015 2:54:00 PM

I take away a lippie for the packaging, and another for it really just performing about the same as any other powder I've had. But I still give it 3, because it's decent value for the price, and the colours are alright. I have a lot of trouble with colourmatching due to being fair with strong yellow tones, so it's nice that this doesn't look orange or fake on me. It also does not look cakey. But, it also isn't the miracle for oil control and shininess (for me) that many people seem to feel it is.

I've repurchased a few times, but I think I'm going to pass from now on due to the packaging. I won't avoid it, but I won't go shopping specifically for it. I need a "maybe" option as opposed to "yes" or "no", but the plan at the moment is not to repurchase. Unless they fix the dang packaging.

on 5/5/2015 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

yes yes the packaging is shit, but the product is amazing!! I've repurchased this over and over again since year 7 when I first started wearing makeup! Truly recommend this to anyone with oily/combo skin!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love everything about this but the crap packaging. I am not super oily so YMMV. It just evens everything out. Cheap and works nicely with the Goss method

on 4/30/2015 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

so this is basically my cheap/"lazy" powder. as the other reviews have said it is very inexpensive. i generally prefer to use a full coverage foundation, then set with translucent powder. this pressed powder i only use after i've applied bb cream but still need a bit more coverage (which translucent powder cant really provide). it works great for that purpose. i have oily skin and this powder does help to keep my face matte for longer. for me, this is what i use when i don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup but my face is too broken out to use a more sheer powder.

on 4/26/2015 2:41:00 AM

I have been using this product for years now, and I do not have any complaints for the price. The one down side is the packaging. I don't think I have gotten a full use out of the product before the top shattered. I recommend buying the translucent powder, and applying on top of your liquid foundation and blush.

on 4/24/2015 8:50:00 PM

Ok.. by far the worst compact i have ever tried. This probably stays matte on my skin for about 15 mins, if that. My face actually ends up being shinier than before... never buy this product again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials