Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

I am an NW15 and have extreme combination skin. So my very oily areas require some serious help via finishing powder. I have this in the lightest shade, which I believe is supposed to be translucent. The packaging, as some other reviewers have noted, is atrocious. It comes in a large, flat, round plastic case, and the cap comes completely off-- no hinge, and it starts out tight and is difficult to remove. the powder is packed tight, and very noticeable on the skin. As soon as it soaks in, it is replaced by oil. And that happens in about 20 minutes tops. So who really cares if it's cheap if everything about it sucks?

So so great!

Mattifies my skin and doesn't look cakey even if I pile it on.

The 'transparent' colour is misleading as it has a slight white/pale tinge to it.

Only complaint would be the packaging- the lid is made of flimsy plastic so quite easy to crack.

This was my first powder which I bought for $12.95 AUD and I just needed it to mattify and set my foundation/bb cream and I think it did a pretty good job. I bought the translucent powder and after applying this powder it felt as if my foundation was set and it felt relatively locked into the skin. I feel as if this product does mattify your skin but it doesn't last the whole entire day. Also this powder doesn't really have coverage but just mattifies. I think it's pretty good :)

PROS:
Mattifies, price is not too bad and pretty good for a basic drugstore powder :)

CONS:
Doesn't have coverage (for the people who are looking for coverage), doesn't last the whole entire day but relatively works for most of the day

This stuff....where can I start?

Oh yea, the packaging. As stated by previous reviewers, the packaging SUCKS. The lid becomes loose with time, and it isn't easy to travel with. The packaging is cheap, but it's the product inside which counts, right?

This is the chalkiest mess I've ever put on my face. I LOOK like I'm caked with powder! It's obvious, even from a mile away! Yuck! It looks chalky, powdery and messy. It doesn't work well for oil control, because my nose is a shiny mess after a couple of hours. Then, it looks even worse.

I normally have had great experiences with Rimmel products, especially their lipsticks and mascaras. I think I'm going to stay FAR AWAY from their face products, however. I have mature skin, and can no longer get away with putting cheap stuff on my face.

This is extremely inexpensive, but I wouldn't buy it again, even if it were only $1. It simply isn't worth it.

dry!dry!dry!

Poor quality...I felt I looked worse with it on than nothing at all. I used the translucent...normally translucent powders disappear into the skin? This was obvious. Chalky. Drying. Perhaps better for oilier skin? Perhaps not. Disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is actually the first powder I've ever tried. Like ever. So keeping in mind that I don't have much to compare it to...

I actually got this about a year ago. At first I really liked it cos it made it my face less shiny (obviously lol) and I also felt like it helped hide my pores a bit (I feel mind does give a little bit of extra coverage since it's in the shade Creamy Natural and not the translucent one).

Products always work best for me when they're new. After a while it's kind of lost it's touch a bit and looks more cakey, though I do think it does what it's supposed to. I will continue to use it until I finish it and will probably try another.

The packaging is absolute shit, the lid comes off really easily and the has cracked several times. I actually keep it closed with a rubber band wrapped round it. The lettering has also come off completely.

I use it with a powder puff--I got a pack of I think 5 for $1 in forever 21.

Bad for my clog prone skin, it clogged my pores on my forehead which was a first! Cheap packaging to go with the cheap product. Didnt help control oil for very long either.

I got sucked into buying this from all the youtubers raving about it AND I HATE IT SO FREAKING MUCH. The first problem is the packaging. There needs to be some kind of hinge on the lid so it doesn't just pop off. BUT DON'T WORRY because even if the lid falls off in your purse or something, this product isn't going to get anywhere. I can scrape my brush/sponge/finger on this brick of powder, and nothing comes off. NOTHING. I don't know if I got a bad one or what, but they pressed this thing so hard that it became a solid mass of powder that ain't goin' nowhere near your face no matter how hard you try. I honestly have nothing to say about how it looks or wears on the face because I can't get enough on my face to tell ya. This is the worst. Do not buy into the hype.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I was excited to buy this powder because of some reviews I have seen in the past, but was very dissapointed in it. I have very oily skin and even with blotting, this powder made me look cakey and it was very obvious that I was wearing foundation. I wore it on top of the Chanel perfection lumiere velvet and baby skin primer. It is very cheap, however, but it does not work for my skin type.

Video Reviews & Tutorials