E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This "shimmering facial whip" has a metallic shimmer quality to it, so when applied on the highlight points of the face or body, it creates the effect of studio lights' shine. I would definently recommend this for special events and when photos/videos will be taken, but not for a natural everyday-type of look. Here are the downsides: This is a metallic shine product so if not blended well, where shimmer is applied will show an edge. Not good to look like you taped a piece of shine on. Secondly, I found that the facial whip I bought (not ordered online) liquified. It's good for a more sutle shimmer, but very messy as it squirts unexpectedly. So all in all, I prefer powdered highlighters because they can be used light-handed and is more buildable whereas this liquid shimmer goes where you want it, but has harsher light reflection. I can picture this being used in a outdoor action film in low light.

on 6/17/2012 2:07:00 AM

I happened to be in a Target far from home (the local one doesn't carry elf), when I saw this product. I've always been curious about Benefits Highbeam. I'm just not too keen on spending a lot of money I haven't tried first. I digress. When I saw this was only one dollar I picked it up.

I love this product. The pink tint looks nice on my skin. It's sparkling, but without stripper sparkles. I used to use Dior's Skinflash on my dark circles, then put mineral concealer over that. I find this works so much better. The concealer covers the sparkle but still reflects the light from the mouse. I believe because the whip is slightly pink it corrects some (not all) darkness.

I apply with fingertips then blend it with a brush. I also use it on the top of my cheekbones and down the center of my nose.

I will probably still buy the Highbeam, but I'll still purchase this because it travels better.

on 6/12/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I have seen a few YouTube Gurus use the Benefit liquid highlighter, and I really did like the effect it gave them. I decided to try the ELF one first, to see if its something I would be comfortable using day to day. I have this in the lilac shade, its really nice. It gives just enough shimmer, without looking like you have streaks of glitter all over your face. It definitely performs well for only being a dollar. The only thing I dont like is this product is really, really hard to blend. I will probably use all of it up, but wont repurchase, I did take the plunge and got the Benefit highlighter.

on 6/5/2012 3:24:00 PM

Looks good on the apples of cheeks, bridge of nose and lips. I only wish it was a little more bendable and a little more pigmented. It's worth the $1 though definitely. Looks nice enough for a regular everyday look, but could give a little pizazz if applied a little heavier and to the chest/collar bone area.

on 5/19/2012 3:42:00 PM

I have used this today for the first time and I really like it. I used it as a cheek highlighter and really did the job beautifully. Also lasted all day!
I did notice that if you don't shake it before use you can get a bit of water at the start but that doesnt take away from how nice this product is.
I have it in Pink Lemonade

I was surprised to see that this product didn't get better reviews! I like it a lot. I use it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. It does smell a little weird, but the smell fades.

on 5/2/2012 1:40:00 AM

When I first tried it, I thought it was okay. I mean it is quality for its price, especially when e.l.f. goes on sale all the time. However I stored it in one of my backup makeup pouches and didn't use it for about 4 months. I tried it again the other day when I grabbed the wrong makeup pouch and was in need of a blush/tint. Anyway, it was the worst! the formula essentially disintegrated into water and thickened shimmery product; and it was the water that keeps on squirting out due to the difference in pressure system. As if that wasn't enough, the liquid came out smelling very acidic and ROTTEN. I had to wash my face and hands with cleansers to get rid of the stench. Would definitely not buy again...

on 4/28/2012 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have to admit that this product gives a nice subtle highlight (I have this in Lilac Petal) and very inexpensive. But I hate this product and not gonna repurchase because of one thing: it is too runy and watery! Well...to me it's just water with shimmer.
What I hate about that is:
1. Even if the packaging is small enough, I can't really go travel with this product because it will go burst the product out (since it's water...you can't put water in a tube and travel with it without having few drops bursting through the cap) and ruin my entire make up pouch.
2. I have to be really careful not to drop some product everytime I apply it...mostly ended up with the product leaving sparkly spots to my clothes. Ewww.
3. I like to mix my foundation/tinted moisturizer with some shimmer to make my face a bit more glowy, but it's almost impossible to do with this product. Because everytime I put few drops on the back on my hand (along with the foundation) this shimmer will just run down through my hand and then drop down to the floor. Just like water!
So yeah, basically I love everything about this product except the watery texture. Impossible to work with and/or travel. Maybe I'll try the ELF All Over Color Stick or ELF Shimmer Palette. I assume they're not as watery as the Facial Whip.

on 4/25/2012 2:51:00 PM

I picked this up in Golden Peach because I've been looking for a good peachy-gold highlighter for my cheekbones. I've been dying to try Benefit Sun Beam, but it's pretty pricey, so I decided to see if this would give me a warm, golden glow.
At first, I hated this. I applied it the same way I apply all my liquid highlighters -- getting a tiny amount on my finger, making 3 dots along my cheekbones, and blending out. Using this this way looked horrendous. I was left with a harsh line of thick, golden glitter across my cheekbones because it doesn't fully blend out, it just kind of sticks. I tried applying with a sponge and a brush, and it still didn't work.
Finally, I tried mixing a tiny dot of this with a tiny bit of facial moisturizer and blending it out this way. It works sooo much better. This tones down the chunky glitter and creates a dewy, peachy-gold highlight that looks great all day. I don't find this too frosty or gritty (as long as you mix it with a moisturizer), so I think this would look good on women of all ages.
Definitely check out Golden Peach if you've been looking for a light golden highlighter! The price definitely can't be beat.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have these in permisson and golden peach. They are really nice! you can use them lipgloss's eyeshadow bases or even as cheek colors which is what i use them for! They pigmentation is AMAZING and the colors are just beautiful! They come out very creamy and for the small bottle you get you get alot of products! i would repurchase