December 21, 2014 | 1297 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Sensual Elixir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after reading some good reviews and testing it at the Chanel counter. I am a huge Chanel fragrances fan, and I used to wear classic #5 for many years, however, in the last few years I've stopped as something has either changed in my body chemistry or the fragrance itself, but it stopped smelling on me the way it did before. I think it just became way too strong for me, but I could be wrong. In any case, the Elixir is just perfect. It has none of the "headache-inducing" notes that you get when you put on the original #5, yet the beautiful dried-down scent of Chanel 5 is available immediately. On top of that, I am noticing a floriental note I didn't notice before with the regular #5, but I could be wrong. I wish it had a slightly longer-staying power, but I took the advice of one of the reviewers below and will pour some in a roller bottle to carry with me. I have to touch it up in the pm, but I don't mind (normally, I buy frangrances you don't have to touch up). This is now a staple in my fragrance collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my second bottle as I had to part with my first when I left it behind when abroad. Now this is happy days for those of you who cannot wear no 5 in general be it in terms of lasting power or the scent itself. I always loved no 5 but it didnt last on me, ending up smelling woody powdery on me. I would be so envious of those who could wear it and it would smell baby powdery but with a richness about it on them. Mind you a lot of people would not want that! But i did. Anyway demeters baby powder helped a bit. I wear coco (both ones) well. Now going back to the no 5 elixir it glides onto the skin and with time it becomes a warm pleasant comforting scent that no 5 on me lacks. In fact they are separate fragrances to me and on me. The elixir is so luxurious. I wish it lasted longer but still had to give 5 lippes because its so gorgeous.

UPDATE (03/05/08): This gives me a headache and is not long lasting so i have taken a lippy of to four.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sooyoungkim

I am another non-fan of No.5 but this product is, and is about, the "total package." The fragrance is a more up-to-date, fresher, less aldehyde-driven version of the EDP; the silky, moisturizing, gel-like texture is heaven; the bottle is gorgeous; and, because a fair amount of product is used each time and I'm a very sparing user of fragrance, I'll be throwing out a much lesser percentage (if any at all) should the stuff turn. An object of desire that truly delivers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 6:29:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's pink! Almost gel-like texture in a modern elegant bottle. Slippery to the touch and long lasting to the nose. Noticeable.
This is no parfum (my reason for living) but it's definately doable. Sexy, deep, sensual, and musky.

Lucky for me, this was a gift (only one pout did it, girls). Honestly, for repurchase I'll have the original No5 before this one, but yes, i'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Tweetch

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is No. 5's more approachable and vulnerable sister. The citrus and vanilla have been amped up, and the aldehydes and slight bitterness of the original have been greatly reduced. I'd put this one in the same family with the newer No. 5 Eau Premiere, Chanel's "modern" take on this classic.

The elixir is essentially a liquid gel that glides on. I decanted some from the stopper bottle into a purse-size roller bottle and prefer to apply it that way. Nice for touch-ups, too.

This won't replace the original No. 5 on my dresser top, but it's a marvelous, sunnier alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sincitylola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I just sampled this lovely Elixir and might have to buy a bottle. I also am not a huge fan of No 5, I agree with the previous reviews - this is softer and really smells great, with a little bit of a No 5 bite. Very nice! It does come in a great bottle and a little dab will do just fine!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first Chanel fragrance purchase. I cannot STAND Chanel EDP, or any of the other lines, but THIS! THIs is beautiful!!!! It is definitely a softer, fuzzy, dreamy, sensual version of it. The other one gives me a terrible headache and makes my nose hurt! The Sensual Elixir is like a sweet cuddly dream (i know, it sounds cheesy...but really!). Gel formula soaks in easily, not sticky. I love the stopper, very glamourous but i miss the convenience of a spray. I am so glad i found this!
UPDATE: ok-eventually made me nauseous. it turned soooo sour and sharp to my nose. mild headache developed...sad because i really really wanted to love this. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

This smells sooo goood! I could never see myself wearing the edt or edp or even pure parfum, and I tried them all. But this one smells really nice, I so like it on my skin after a bath or shower! Males in my family are not very fond of Chanel no5, I have asked them what they thought of it ( I always ask without telling them what fragrance it is). But with this one it's them asking what I am wearing! So this one is definitely staying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I desperately hope I get this for Christmas -- I've been dropping hints for months. ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I had hoped to love this since I love the vintage Chanel No. 5 and hoped that this would smell closer to that, or at least be smoother and more longer lasting than the new, revamped version.
Unfortunately, this wasn't the case.
This started out very metallic on me.
Dried down to dirty, moldy laundry mixed with a little old, stale Chanel no. 5.
I guess it didn't work on me. :-(