The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), glycerin, pentylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, butylene glycol, elaesis guineensis (palm oil), glyceryl stearate citrate, isononyl isononanoate, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, sesamum indicum (sesame oil), squalane, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), aqua, panthenol (vit. B5), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, xanthan gum, bisabolol, avena sativa (oat plant).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample of this and excited to try it out because i finally got my skin to clear up and thought this would get rid of my faint redness. it moisturized my skin and faded my red spots. a couple days later i broke out, BAD! i don't know if they're little zits or little hives. either way they're all over my face and popped out AT THE SAME! my face is ruined and this the only new change to my skin care routine. not purchasing full size for sure! and this has safe ingredients and supposedly good for sesitive skin. i am furious!

on 8/10/2010 9:56:00 PM

EDITED UPDATE (original review below asterisk):
After using this cream for about a month on just the small trial/sample size that you can get in the kit... I purchased the full size and I am happy to say that it agrees with my skin just as much as it did the first week I used it. My skin loves loves loves this stuff and I'm not afraid to wear it during the day and my skin is soft and smooth and glowing and pale. I have sensitive skin and it definitely helps calm it down. No, it doesn't heal breakouts, but it allows my skin's natural balance and pH to do what it's supposed to. It keeps my skin supple and paired with an eye cream, it's absolutely lovely. I recommend trying the sample/trial size first before committing to the full size because there is quite a lot there, but I can't recommend it highly enough....
I've been using this for about a week now. Due for a review, I think. The cream is thick, rich, and soothing. It's dense but not greasy, creamy but not oily. It smooths on like a cream but then dries down for a gel-like finish. Okay, I think I might be exaggerating a bit, but it allows my face to feel smooth and alleviates any dry patches and it's comfortably moisturized... not oily or greasy. It's also superbly fast absorbing. My skin is glowing and pleasant when I'm done with it. I have light redness on the cheeks that this helps combat. No, it doesn't fade away the scars or the hyperpigmentation, but it certainly helps alleviate their harsh appearance. My skin drinks this stuff up. You only need a really really tiny bit. Anyone who thinks otherwise will probably have unfortunate oily mishaps with this. Otherwise... very pleasant dealings.

on 6/13/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff.
It really does sooth. My skin feels nice, relaxed and smooth when I wake up after a night with this on. It also make rednesses fade really quickly.
For a night cream it is relatively light, not as thick or heavily moisturizing as other night creams. That's a plus for me though. I do use it as a day cream too sometimes. It's just a very good all-rounder. One doesn't need a whole lot to cover the entire face.
If my skin stays as it is, I'll defenitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

i bought this product because tea tree oil is change their packaging so there is no tea tree in store and because my night cream is almost gone, i bought this
and the result is my face became very very oily
it's super oily!!
oh my
i will never recommended this product to my oily skin friend
because it will make your face worst and oily
but this product is good if my skin is sunburned
it's very help to recondition the skin and make the skin not really hurt

on 4/13/2010 3:02:00 AM

Wish it came in a more sanitary pump. Regardless, this cream is moisturizing, sinks in, seems to calm my skin. Perfect for nighttime, daytime, anytime my skin is looking dull.

on 3/6/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately this cream was too heavy for me .. within 1 week it clogged up my face and yielded the worst break out of my life.

on 2/20/2010 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i got the day and night cream
never got to use it
the aloe is to calm the skin
but it is such a heavy cream that it clogs pores
benefit of the doubt
i would use less and like every other day
and when you wake up or go to bed cleanse an toner the skin
to keep the skin breathing
(\ /)
(^_^)
C(")(")

on 1/6/2010 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this product. I have very sensitive, dry skin and this product takes away the redness in my face completely. It is rich, so you do not need a lot of it. Even though the product is a bit more pricey than others, it will last you a long time because you don't need to use a lot of it! Won't clog pores either; made my skin baby smooth and glowing :)

on 12/20/2009 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is for sure one thick textured product.It's very rich and emollient.I don't understand why body shop has two versions of this one(day and night)since the day version doesn't contain any spf.As I said it's very thick so works better for dryer skins.This is for sensitive skin but didn't notice any calming action just a thick moisturizer.I don't really have something to say about this product to me seems like "nothing"neither good neither bad just a very thick moisturizer

on 12/19/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent cream. Rich and soothing just like it says. Best for when your skin is feeling irritated and/or sensitive. I do wish this came in a tube though, its slightly unsanitary to dip your fingers into the tub. The price is also a tad high especially for something so basic, but overall I've been using for about a month and I would definitely repurchase.