October 23, 2014 | 1912 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Leahdearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. Purchased twice and will continue to purchase. Great for blotting on the go, or just to set foundation. It's great! I would recommend using a different sponge puff thing cause the one that comes with it sucks. But it's a good powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by aapoprocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. I have oily skin and is perfect to take that extra shine away without apply more makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let's just say I've had a MAC blot compact in my makeup stash for 5+ years and it's still not halfway gone. Actually, I think I'll toss is today lol. That's how little I've used this. I have oily skin, I'll usually blot with a clean and clear oil blotter and then power with this when I'm out, but my skin looks oddly orange and I seem to get oilier after using this. Caused a few breakouts as well. Kinda useless product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I think this is a good product if you want your foundation to stay matte all day. I have naturally dry skin, so only use this powder along with my Face & Body foundation which I find a bit too dewy in certain areas of my face when I apply it. This powder lasts me all day and I use the tiniest amount, because with my skin type - too much powder might give a disastrous tight skin feel. I find however that this product even with small amount can hold my base nicely till the every evening: it is not one of those powders that makes your skin even oilier or shinier in T zone after couple of yours. I think little goes a long way with this! I apply mine with a large powder brush, skipping the sponge it comes with just out of sanitary reasons. I have my blot powder for around a year - and even now there is so much of product left! As if I barely used it. Good investment!

For more in-depth reviews on other great beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this thinking it'd be good to keep me matte or touch up. Boy was I wrong. I still was pretty oily by an hour in. It's not worth it.

I still haven't found anything that keeps me matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Hands down my favorite powder and I just hope MAC never discontinues it. I own way too many powders due to my annoying combo skin. This powder is amazing because it goes on so seemlessly and without an actual tint that it does not ruin anything you may be wearing underneath. The colors run light so for a reference I am NC 20 and I have to use shade Medium (perhaps I will even purchase the darker shade for the Summer). If you have darker complextion just go with the darker shade to avoid looking ashy, although it does settle down into your own skin tone after several minutes.
It is silica based so it does not break me out at all. I use a puff (not the one that it came with) and just gently dab it on my oily T-zone and the shine is gone immediately and does not return for the remaining of the day. I can't say that it keeps me super duper matte, but after a few hours of application my skin seems to balance itself out and looks more natural, not powdery or shiny.
Highly hightly recommend this. It is so good that I don't even use my other powders anymore and that says a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by rachelkompier

I use this only on my t-zone area which is usually quite oily and I find it works really well. I don't need to blot at all during the day. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I've found my holy grail product...I have an extremely oily T-zone and this stuff keeps the shine away for HOURS! I'm NC15 but the MAC sales lady recommended I use the medium shade of blot powder to avoid looking too washed-out, and it's fine. It's not meant to impart much colour and it goes on pretty much translucent. Previously I was using Maybelline Dream Matte powder, which is fine, but MAC blot powder is a better product for keeping shine-free for most of the day and is worth the money. Just keep in mind that, unlike the Dream Matte, this is not meant to be used like a foundation, it's not going to give you coverage like that. It's only for keeping oil at bay, and it does that job VERY well. I use it both over foundation and on an otherwise bare face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by generouscat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

My t-zone is as greasy as chinese takeouts. I decided to use this product and my god it's like I found the soulmate to my disgustingly oily nose. Works well over my liquid foundation as well as bb cream. Still got to use oil blotting sheet on my nose every once in a while but other than that my face is relatively oil free and my makeup lasts longer. Rather pricey, yes, but it really does wonders on my face. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by moushka26

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm of two minds about this product. It works amazingly well to keep my forehead matte all day without touch-ups but, and it's a big BUT, I cannot use it anywhere else as it makes the rest of my skin peel and flake by the end of the day. So I use it where I can and use a loose mineral powder (Meow Cosmetics or Bare Minerals) everywhere else. During the day, I use an oil blotting sheet on my nose and chin but my forehead doesn't need it. Wish I could use it all over but as it works really well in one place where I'm really oily, I will re-purchase.