MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 7/17/2014 7:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Simply the greatest blotting powder I have ever used. I think getting the right shade for your skintone is key when it comes to this product. I use this in the moring over my Foundation/under my bronzer, and once again to blot mid-day and it keeps the shine away :)

on 7/13/2014 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Iím on some pretty heavy duty medication to counteract a rare endocrine disorder and it has taken my skin from combination/oily to RIDICULOUSLY oily (for example, when makeup free on a cool, non-humid day, within about half an hour of washing and applying a light moisturiser Ė my skin can be so oily it looks and feels wet Ė even on my cheeks).

This product doesnít work miracles but it definitely helps a great deal. It probably only keeps me matte for about an hour on a bad day (even though I use the famed Hourglass mineral veil primer), but the biggest benefit is that itís really easy to reapply (though I use a kabuki brush and not the pad provided) and doesnít build up and go cakey. I have very pale, pink-toned skin and the light shade is almost white and goes on translucent, whenever Iíve tried other so-called Ďtranslucentí powders the colour has gradually built up on me with reapplication and looked orange or yellow.

Ironically, despite my greasiness, I also sometimes get flakiness on my skin at the same time because of acne treatment, and my endocrine medication has caused me to develop an increased amount of fine, downy Ďpeach-fuzzí hair on my face. As long as I donít over-apply to a ridiculous extend, I donít have too much problem with this powder clinging to the hair or flakes and emphasising them, another problem Iíve had with other products. It also works quite well on its own to reduce shine (just over a primer or on bare skin, but no foundation) and gives a nice finish, though it wonít provide much if any coverage.

Though I wish this product worked better (in terms of staying power - and for this I've knocked off two lippies), Iím very glad I bought it because it means that when I look in the mirror to see a greasy mess, I can actually do something about it without worrying Iím going to make it look worse. The clear and generously sized mirror in the compact is also very useful for this purpose. I'd love a powder that goes on the same but lasts for several hours, but I'm not convinced that would be realistic from any powder with my skin.

on 7/10/2014 2:14:00 AM

I bought this powder based on the reviews that I have read here and decided I must have it, I have been using this for a while now and to be honest its nothing special, it does make your face appear more matte but I don't think its great at controlling oil and shine, which is what I hoped this product would help me with. It comes off no colour so it wont change your foundation colour or anything which is a plus. I will continue to use it until I run out, but I probably wont be repurchasing this and I'll continue to look for my HG powder

on 6/24/2014 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
++No color

Cons:
--Effect does not last long. One hour at most on me.
--Product shattered on me. I left it in my bag and maybe due to placing my bag down? Haven't dropped it.
--Price. Expensive!
--Ashy. Ladies with yellow undertones beware.

on 6/18/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The MAC Blot Powder does reduce my shininess and oiliness and I think my makeup last better and my Mineralized Skinfinish Natural work better with this powder. This combination gave me a natural glow with reduced shine.You definitely don't need much and currently I don't wear it as much as before. I used to dust it like crazy before when it's actually not necessary, but I learned now.

Generally, I think my skin is less oily than it used to be, even in the summer or when I'm back in hot tropical climate. I still use this but more sparingly and really that's enough.

I have not got any bad reaction from this and I trust this product. Though this product is a simple science of being heavy with MICA and SILICA which absorbed the oil, as MAC has clearly claimed. So those who obviously have problem with these ingredients, just stay away or use it to your own risk.
When I had issue with flaky dry skin I would avoid using this or just use this on tip of my nose *because oily nose tip is never flattering* as I think it's unnecessary. I wouldn't say this powder worsen it though.

One thing I notice, when comparing Medium Dark Blot Powder with the one from Mineralized Skinfinish Natural, it's lighter in shade. So it does not really matches my skin tone and I'm annoyed as it does give off a bit of ashyness after I got the 'perfect' second skin look with my Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. Nevertheless, it is light in texture so it doesn't affect much. Probably if I get my exact shade it looks better? or better, if it's a translucent instead.

The compact is fine, come with a mirror and the price is MAC standard, £20.00.
It last long as you don't need to use much so it's worth the spend.

on 6/10/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have had this for two years. I first bought the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus, but I found I got oily by lunch time in my high school year. So I decided to try out the blot powder. Does it work? Yes. I dust this on my face and the oil is GONE. But I also find that it makes my face really cakey after I apply this, so I prefer to just remove my foundation entirely and redo it than use this powder.

on 6/7/2014 1:04:00 PM

I went into mac looking for a good powder and one of the lady's asked me if I wanted to try the blot powder on my face, my nose was very oily at the time and when she put it on it totally absorbed all the oil, it blurred my pores like crazy, and kept me shine free until I went home to take my makeup off! (5pm-10pm) I ended up buying it but she did use a stippling brush on me, maybe that makes a difference. I have normal-combo skin.

on 6/6/2014 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Expensive and didn't keep my nose shine free for more than 2 hrs. I had so much hope after reading all the reviews but was so disappointed. I used this as set powder after cc cream, mufe matte velvet + and my nose was shiny after couple hrs. With mufe duo matte powder it lasted a little longer but not long enough. Keep looking :(

on 5/24/2014 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am really disappointed with this powder, I really wanted to love it as so many people do. My initial views were good. I loved the finish over my foundation which is really snooth and silky, however, the staying power is nowhere near as good as other powders I have used for half the price. I suppose this wont be an issue if you haven't got oily skin like me. On the plus side, it is a good powder to have with you to use after you have blotted as it doesn't cause your foundation to move or cause a build up on the skin. I will stick with my HG no7 perfect light loose powder.

on 5/17/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I'm normally not a huge fan of MAC, since I think they're a bit too hyped, and I normally prefer drugstore/highstreet make-up. However the great thing about MAC, is that they have EVERYTHING. If I need anything I can't find anywere, I will probably find it at MAC.

Anyways, I was looking for a translucent powder that would take away the oil, set my makeup without adding more coverage or that heavy powder feel. This one does it all!
I apply a bit to my t-zone, were I normally get a bit shiny through out the day. I just make sure not to apply to much, because then it can look a bit too powdery.
I wouldn't say it last or keeps away shine for more than 4-5 hours, but the great thing about this powder is that you can reapply it on top of your makeup, without it looking cakey. It comes with a mirror and little powder puff, so it's perfect for on the go.

btw.
I have tried the Rimmel stay matte, but since it contains talc, it sadly broke me out. I also find it to be a bit too heavy and powdery, so I definetely prefer this MAC one over that.