September 30, 2014 | 1694 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this thinking it'd be good to keep me matte or touch up. Boy was I wrong. I still was pretty oily by an hour in. It's not worth it.

I still haven't found anything that keeps me matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Hands down my favorite powder and I just hope MAC never discontinues it. I own way too many powders due to my annoying combo skin. This powder is amazing because it goes on so seemlessly and without an actual tint that it does not ruin anything you may be wearing underneath. The colors run light so for a reference I am NC 20 and I have to use shade Medium (perhaps I will even purchase the darker shade for the Summer). If you have darker complextion just go with the darker shade to avoid looking ashy, although it does settle down into your own skin tone after several minutes.
It is silica based so it does not break me out at all. I use a puff (not the one that it came with) and just gently dab it on my oily T-zone and the shine is gone immediately and does not return for the remaining of the day. I can't say that it keeps me super duper matte, but after a few hours of application my skin seems to balance itself out and looks more natural, not powdery or shiny.
Highly hightly recommend this. It is so good that I don't even use my other powders anymore and that says a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by rachelkompier

I use this only on my t-zone area which is usually quite oily and I find it works really well. I don't need to blot at all during the day. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I've found my holy grail product...I have an extremely oily T-zone and this stuff keeps the shine away for HOURS! I'm NC15 but the MAC sales lady recommended I use the medium shade of blot powder to avoid looking too washed-out, and it's fine. It's not meant to impart much colour and it goes on pretty much translucent. Previously I was using Maybelline Dream Matte powder, which is fine, but MAC blot powder is a better product for keeping shine-free for most of the day and is worth the money. Just keep in mind that, unlike the Dream Matte, this is not meant to be used like a foundation, it's not going to give you coverage like that. It's only for keeping oil at bay, and it does that job VERY well. I use it both over foundation and on an otherwise bare face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by generouscat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

My t-zone is as greasy as chinese takeouts. I decided to use this product and my god it's like I found the soulmate to my disgustingly oily nose. Works well over my liquid foundation as well as bb cream. Still got to use oil blotting sheet on my nose every once in a while but other than that my face is relatively oil free and my makeup lasts longer. Rather pricey, yes, but it really does wonders on my face. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by moushka26

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm of two minds about this product. It works amazingly well to keep my forehead matte all day without touch-ups but, and it's a big BUT, I cannot use it anywhere else as it makes the rest of my skin peel and flake by the end of the day. So I use it where I can and use a loose mineral powder (Meow Cosmetics or Bare Minerals) everywhere else. During the day, I use an oil blotting sheet on my nose and chin but my forehead doesn't need it. Wish I could use it all over but as it works really well in one place where I'm really oily, I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by katrina021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I suffer from very oily skin..... I read the reviews here on MUA about MAC's Blot Powder and bought a compact in Medium for $36AUD.

It really works for me!

At first I thought it was because I was wearing it with my Estee Lauder Double Wear, but I have also been testing it with Clinique and LÓreal -- it works on top of any of my foundations!

The powder goes on translucent (you can put bronzer/blush on top of it though). You don't have to use very much and i have barely had to top up during the day.
The compact it comes in is quite nice but don't bother with the flimsy sponge they provide you with, i like to use it with a powder brush.

I have had it for about 3 weeks now and have not suffered a break out or any side-effects.

This is my new fave powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used Studio Fix Powder Foundation for years, and I always just carried that around in my purse for touch ups. I've recently switched to liquid foundation, and I just needed something to use for when I get a little shine on my nose. I did my research, heard a lot about this, and since I love MAC I decided to try this. I really like it, and I think it it absorbs oil really well. I have dry skin, so I only use it on my nose, otherwise it could be a little drying. I don't think it adds any color, but I'm so fair I don't know for sure. It comes in the standard black, MAC compacts. It has a mirror, and comes with a really flat puff. I don't like to reuse those, so I just used it once and threw it away, and I just use a MAC 129 short handled travel brush. You don't need very much product, so this will last you a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Sp0ntaneous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Helps keep my skin matte and does not add any colour to my face, so no change in makeup. I hate the puff it comes with, I use a fluffy kabuki brush and dust this all over my tzone. Love this product overall though

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

This is as close to as a hg setting powder to me as it can get. I've tried many different powders (MUFE, NARs, Tarte, Chanel, Lancome, Clinique) and I just keep coming back to this one. The powder lasts a long time and you only need a little in the morning and perhaps a little touch up during the day. The compact is nice and sturdy that I can let it toss around in my purse without worrying about the compact coming apart and popping open. It's never made me break out, nor does it add any heaviness to the rest of foundation and etc on my face. It's reasonably priced and there's quite a bit of product.