February 27, 2015 | 1252 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

A mac salesrepresentat got me to buy this powder some time ago, and i was really dissapointed.

I have really oily skin that shines easily. The blot powder does simply not feel nice on my skin! and even if it makes my skin look matte, a short period of time, it makes me look dull and my skin just.....dead...

Before this I had the Clarins Ever Matte shine control powder, and really miss that one. The finish is nicer, satin but still matte. Feels good on skin too.

If you want a shine absorbing translucent powder go for Rimmel Stay Matte. A lot better - a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very oily t-zone and I need to blot almost after I finish doing my make up. I have to use tons of sunscreen because I have fair skin and every sunscreen I try makes my skin shiny in one way or another. This compact powder is a God send! It controls the shine and absorbs oil like no other, I do not look like a grease ball all the time. I'm super happy and will buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Leahdearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. Purchased twice and will continue to purchase. Great for blotting on the go, or just to set foundation. It's great! I would recommend using a different sponge puff thing cause the one that comes with it sucks. But it's a good powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by aapoprocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. I have oily skin and is perfect to take that extra shine away without apply more makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let's just say I've had a MAC blot compact in my makeup stash for 5+ years and it's still not halfway gone. Actually, I think I'll toss is today lol. That's how little I've used this. I have oily skin, I'll usually blot with a clean and clear oil blotter and then power with this when I'm out, but my skin looks oddly orange and I seem to get oilier after using this. Caused a few breakouts as well. Kinda useless product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I think this is a good product if you want your foundation to stay matte all day. I have naturally dry skin, so only use this powder along with my Face & Body foundation which I find a bit too dewy in certain areas of my face when I apply it. This powder lasts me all day and I use the tiniest amount, because with my skin type - too much powder might give a disastrous tight skin feel. I find however that this product even with small amount can hold my base nicely till the every evening: it is not one of those powders that makes your skin even oilier or shinier in T zone after couple of yours. I think little goes a long way with this! I apply mine with a large powder brush, skipping the sponge it comes with just out of sanitary reasons. I have my blot powder for around a year - and even now there is so much of product left! As if I barely used it. Good investment!

For more in-depth reviews on other great beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this thinking it'd be good to keep me matte or touch up. Boy was I wrong. I still was pretty oily by an hour in. It's not worth it.

I still haven't found anything that keeps me matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Hands down my favorite powder and I just hope MAC never discontinues it. I own way too many powders due to my annoying combo skin. This powder is amazing because it goes on so seemlessly and without an actual tint that it does not ruin anything you may be wearing underneath. The colors run light so for a reference I am NC 20 and I have to use shade Medium (perhaps I will even purchase the darker shade for the Summer). If you have darker complextion just go with the darker shade to avoid looking ashy, although it does settle down into your own skin tone after several minutes.
It is silica based so it does not break me out at all. I use a puff (not the one that it came with) and just gently dab it on my oily T-zone and the shine is gone immediately and does not return for the remaining of the day. I can't say that it keeps me super duper matte, but after a few hours of application my skin seems to balance itself out and looks more natural, not powdery or shiny.
Highly hightly recommend this. It is so good that I don't even use my other powders anymore and that says a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by rachelkompier

I use this only on my t-zone area which is usually quite oily and I find it works really well. I don't need to blot at all during the day. I will repurchase.