July 31, 2014 | 1710 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I freakin' love this product!! Infinitely more moisturizing than the Sea Lipids daily cream because it contains butters in place of oils. For my dry-ish sensitive skin it is gentle and moisturizing. I barely noticed the scent and it left me with supple skin. I've found my HG, plain and simple!

You really only need a little bit as it is rich and thick. I take a dab, smooth it between my fingers then dab it on and rub it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by pregnantcowlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG night cream, so thick and moisturizing, but not disgustingly thick. I really like the smell of this and it does not break me out or anything. It can burn sometimes right after i wash my face with my acne meds, but that's normal no matter what.. I love this though, so soft and creamy and the packaging is great because it's easy to dip your hand into and get some and it's so thick i think the bottle could last 6+ months if used every night.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by productmad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had one jar of this cream that was like thick cream and another that was like Crisco (which I just warmed in my hands before putting on my face) so it might be lack of usual emulsifiers etc. but I love that it's natural and think it smells nice and fresh. Since my t-zone can be oily, I mainly use it as a winter nighttime moisturizer and It does a great job, making my skin super soft. My skin can also be sensitive and does get a bit red initially but it calms down quickly, and I never break out from it, unlike other heavier creams.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by cindymsz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this moisturizer at night. The texture is thick so it sinks into your skin and my face still feels moisturized in the morning when I wake up. Overall, I am happy with it as a nightime moisturizer and will purchase again in the future if I don't find something that I like better!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by EvAngel

In search for a moisturizer to wear at night I bought this product because other Alba products I have liked. The anti oxidants and other such ingredients pushed me to buy thsi product. I have used it 3 times, i don't know why i just put it on again, but I have broken out in hives on my face, I feel maybe my skin needs to get used it or im upset because I want to like this but I thinik this is the last night I will be wearing it. I hate to have just bought a product and not be able to use it. I have sensitive skin or maybe I am too young for this product but didn't think I would get an allergic reaction like this... very upsetting... maybe someone can tell me if it does take time for my skin to get used to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I read about Sea Plus in a magazine as well as the reviews here, so I tried it. I liked how it absorbed into my skin right away, yet left a protective barrier that was not at all greasy. (Unlike another reviewer, I had no problems spreading this cream and see no need to dilute it with anything. It works great right out of the jar.) I also feel like it firms my skin and gives my complexion a nice color and glow. I was a little red from the dryness, but this seems to clear that right away. I put some on my hands and noticed that even after washing my hands a couple of times they still felt soft, so I was impressed. Even my lips seem to have a nicer, firmer shape.

EDIT: I'm taking off a lippy because I started waking up with dry skin again. If you're not super dry like I am, it's probably great. I still love it on my hands!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So far so good.
Although it's a little like rubbing Crisco on your face, this is really good for a night cream. However I wouldn't recommend it for acne prone or oily skin. I'm not saying it would make you break out, but I'm not sure that oily/acne prone skin needs this much hydration. I purchased this because I was looking for a heavier night cream, and this product delivers. I've got combination/normal skin so for me it's perfect, especially for the cold winter months a head although I would NOT use this as a day time moisturizer. A lot of people complain about the scent.. It's not horrible, but I've smelled better. Regardless of the scent I wake in the AM with very soft, nice looking skin. Like all the Avalon/Alba products (they're made by the same company), this is a pretty good product especially for the price. I actually like the entire skin care line from both Alba & Avalon. Granted it's not a miracle serum, but their products are a wonderful "Preventative Measure" for skin care especially if you have realistic expectations.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I discovered this product after searching for a natural night cream without mineral oil, parabens, or other harsh chemicals. I saw a review of this cream on another website & the ingredients are compared to those found in the uber-expensive La Mer Cream. The DMAE and other sea minerals are a few of the must-have ingredients for optimal skin renewal according to famed Derm Dr. Perricone (who also has a pricey line of skincare products).

EDIT - I sadly had to remove 2 lippies, beacuse although this cream worked well for me as a night cream in the warmer months, my skin has become more dry and sensitive lately and this just isn't working for me anymore. It is not moisturizing enough and it has been irritating my eyes (even though I am not putting around my eyes) and causing me to break out in hives along my jawline and cheeks. I think the fragrance might be the culprit. So sad!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by stimpycat

This stuff rocks! Very gentle and effective. I have senstivie acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out. It may seem like a heavy cream but I still use it during the day--just don't slather it on. Nothing has ever hydrated my skin as well, especially around my eyes. My HG used to be Kiehl's ultra facial moisturizer, but I'm going to stick to this now. Alba makes another product called Sea Lipid Day Cream, which is like the less moisturizing lotion version of this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

01/31/2010 ETA: I finished up my jar of this cream and love it! My skin looked glowy and hydrated. No adverse effects, but couldn't give it the full 5 stars due to the strong marine/masculine scent. Otherwise, it's perfect! Original review to follow.

I've been using this for a week, so this review will only cover its preliminary moisturizing properties. For about $14, this is not bad for a nighttime moisturizer. I bought this after the Boots botanical light night cream was way too harsh on my skin - my face actually hurt from all the acids!

Anyways, this is definitely a thick cream, however it somehow doesn't break me out. Only a tiny bit is needed, and I keep it in the refrigerator so it has a cooling effect upon application, which is perfect in the current summer heat. The scent is a bit cologne-like, but it only bothers me for the few moments I'm awake in bed. In the morning, my skin is plump and moisturized.

I'll update this review after more extended use, but so far I do like this cream, I just wish it were unscented.