Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

I did not like this very much. First thing I hated was the smell. Too floral and strong. Next, it is way too heavy and doesn't sink in. I do think it moisturizes, but because of the way it feels and how strong it smells, I won't re-purchase.

on 6/25/2010 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I recently started using this so I think I will appreciate it even more in the winter, but even now it's a nice night time moisturizer. It takes a little time to absorb but it doesn't leave my skin greasy at all. I can't say I've noticed any "results" yet, but again, as a moisturizer it does the trick.

on 6/9/2010 1:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this with the sea plus like toner. I'm not in love with it. I have cremes that soak in my skin a lot better than this even though I know this mointurizer has a different purpose. I rarely use it. I've had it for about a year and use it maybe once every 2 months. So I still have half a jasr left. You can tell this is a night creme because of its consistency, It goes on really thick, which is different tha every other day/night moisturizer I have. It can be used for any type of skin, oily, combo, dry, etc.. I love products that have different sources of vitamins (from plants or otherwise) so this is a great product for that. I use it all over my neck and hope that it prevents aging as it says it does. It says it firms your skin and I can feel that effect. Great crem oversll, but when I'm done I weill be checking out another moisturizer. FYI Alba products in generasl haven't made much of a difference in my skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I originally began using Alba Sea Renewal Cream at night during Accutane treatment. I've been off Accutane for over 6 months now, and I've kept using this as my night cream. Not sure of the other reviews regarding the product being hard to spread; I'm on my second jar and it has the same "thick pudding" consistency that spreads very easily. A little goes a long way. Love the mild, pleasant scent, and most importantly, I love how my skin feels each morning. Most notably, I've never had any issues with breakouts from using this product and I'm acne-prone.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I freakin' love this product!! Infinitely more moisturizing than the Sea Lipids daily cream because it contains butters in place of oils. For my dry-ish sensitive skin it is gentle and moisturizing. I barely noticed the scent and it left me with supple skin. I've found my HG, plain and simple!

You really only need a little bit as it is rich and thick. I take a dab, smooth it between my fingers then dab it on and rub it in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG night cream, so thick and moisturizing, but not disgustingly thick. I really like the smell of this and it does not break me out or anything. It can burn sometimes right after i wash my face with my acne meds, but that's normal no matter what.. I love this though, so soft and creamy and the packaging is great because it's easy to dip your hand into and get some and it's so thick i think the bottle could last 6+ months if used every night.

on 2/18/2010 11:32:00 PM

I've had one jar of this cream that was like thick cream and another that was like Crisco (which I just warmed in my hands before putting on my face) so it might be lack of usual emulsifiers etc. but I love that it's natural and think it smells nice and fresh. Since my t-zone can be oily, I mainly use it as a winter nighttime moisturizer and It does a great job, making my skin super soft. My skin can also be sensitive and does get a bit red initially but it calms down quickly, and I never break out from it, unlike other heavier creams.

on 2/10/2010 2:46:00 PM

I like this moisturizer at night. The texture is thick so it sinks into your skin and my face still feels moisturized in the morning when I wake up. Overall, I am happy with it as a nightime moisturizer and will purchase again in the future if I don't find something that I like better!

on 12/28/2009 11:56:00 PM

In search for a moisturizer to wear at night I bought this product because other Alba products I have liked. The anti oxidants and other such ingredients pushed me to buy thsi product. I have used it 3 times, i don't know why i just put it on again, but I have broken out in hives on my face, I feel maybe my skin needs to get used it or im upset because I want to like this but I thinik this is the last night I will be wearing it. I hate to have just bought a product and not be able to use it. I have sensitive skin or maybe I am too young for this product but didn't think I would get an allergic reaction like this... very upsetting... maybe someone can tell me if it does take time for my skin to get used to it.

on 11/11/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read about Sea Plus in a magazine as well as the reviews here, so I tried it. I liked how it absorbed into my skin right away, yet left a protective barrier that was not at all greasy. (Unlike another reviewer, I had no problems spreading this cream and see no need to dilute it with anything. It works great right out of the jar.) I also feel like it firms my skin and gives my complexion a nice color and glow. I was a little red from the dryness, but this seems to clear that right away. I put some on my hands and noticed that even after washing my hands a couple of times they still felt soft, so I was impressed. Even my lips seem to have a nicer, firmer shape.

EDIT: I'm taking off a lippy because I started waking up with dry skin again. If you're not super dry like I am, it's probably great. I still love it on my hands!