Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I originally began using Alba Sea Renewal Cream at night during Accutane treatment. I've been off Accutane for over 6 months now, and I've kept using this as my night cream. Not sure of the other reviews regarding the product being hard to spread; I'm on my second jar and it has the same "thick pudding" consistency that spreads very easily. A little goes a long way. Love the mild, pleasant scent, and most importantly, I love how my skin feels each morning. Most notably, I've never had any issues with breakouts from using this product and I'm acne-prone.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I freakin' love this product!! Infinitely more moisturizing than the Sea Lipids daily cream because it contains butters in place of oils. For my dry-ish sensitive skin it is gentle and moisturizing. I barely noticed the scent and it left me with supple skin. I've found my HG, plain and simple!

You really only need a little bit as it is rich and thick. I take a dab, smooth it between my fingers then dab it on and rub it in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG night cream, so thick and moisturizing, but not disgustingly thick. I really like the smell of this and it does not break me out or anything. It can burn sometimes right after i wash my face with my acne meds, but that's normal no matter what.. I love this though, so soft and creamy and the packaging is great because it's easy to dip your hand into and get some and it's so thick i think the bottle could last 6+ months if used every night.

on 2/18/2010 11:32:00 PM

I've had one jar of this cream that was like thick cream and another that was like Crisco (which I just warmed in my hands before putting on my face) so it might be lack of usual emulsifiers etc. but I love that it's natural and think it smells nice and fresh. Since my t-zone can be oily, I mainly use it as a winter nighttime moisturizer and It does a great job, making my skin super soft. My skin can also be sensitive and does get a bit red initially but it calms down quickly, and I never break out from it, unlike other heavier creams.

on 2/10/2010 2:46:00 PM

I like this moisturizer at night. The texture is thick so it sinks into your skin and my face still feels moisturized in the morning when I wake up. Overall, I am happy with it as a nightime moisturizer and will purchase again in the future if I don't find something that I like better!

on 12/28/2009 11:56:00 PM

In search for a moisturizer to wear at night I bought this product because other Alba products I have liked. The anti oxidants and other such ingredients pushed me to buy thsi product. I have used it 3 times, i don't know why i just put it on again, but I have broken out in hives on my face, I feel maybe my skin needs to get used it or im upset because I want to like this but I thinik this is the last night I will be wearing it. I hate to have just bought a product and not be able to use it. I have sensitive skin or maybe I am too young for this product but didn't think I would get an allergic reaction like this... very upsetting... maybe someone can tell me if it does take time for my skin to get used to it.

on 11/11/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read about Sea Plus in a magazine as well as the reviews here, so I tried it. I liked how it absorbed into my skin right away, yet left a protective barrier that was not at all greasy. (Unlike another reviewer, I had no problems spreading this cream and see no need to dilute it with anything. It works great right out of the jar.) I also feel like it firms my skin and gives my complexion a nice color and glow. I was a little red from the dryness, but this seems to clear that right away. I put some on my hands and noticed that even after washing my hands a couple of times they still felt soft, so I was impressed. Even my lips seem to have a nicer, firmer shape.

EDIT: I'm taking off a lippy because I started waking up with dry skin again. If you're not super dry like I am, it's probably great. I still love it on my hands!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So far so good.
Although it's a little like rubbing Crisco on your face, this is really good for a night cream. However I wouldn't recommend it for acne prone or oily skin. I'm not saying it would make you break out, but I'm not sure that oily/acne prone skin needs this much hydration. I purchased this because I was looking for a heavier night cream, and this product delivers. I've got combination/normal skin so for me it's perfect, especially for the cold winter months a head although I would NOT use this as a day time moisturizer. A lot of people complain about the scent.. It's not horrible, but I've smelled better. Regardless of the scent I wake in the AM with very soft, nice looking skin. Like all the Avalon/Alba products (they're made by the same company), this is a pretty good product especially for the price. I actually like the entire skin care line from both Alba & Avalon. Granted it's not a miracle serum, but their products are a wonderful "Preventative Measure" for skin care especially if you have realistic expectations.

on 9/26/2009 8:57:00 AM

I discovered this product after searching for a natural night cream without mineral oil, parabens, or other harsh chemicals. I saw a review of this cream on another website & the ingredients are compared to those found in the uber-expensive La Mer Cream. The DMAE and other sea minerals are a few of the must-have ingredients for optimal skin renewal according to famed Derm Dr. Perricone (who also has a pricey line of skincare products).

EDIT - I sadly had to remove 2 lippies, beacuse although this cream worked well for me as a night cream in the warmer months, my skin has become more dry and sensitive lately and this just isn't working for me anymore. It is not moisturizing enough and it has been irritating my eyes (even though I am not putting around my eyes) and causing me to break out in hives along my jawline and cheeks. I think the fragrance might be the culprit. So sad!

on 9/2/2009 2:15:00 PM

This stuff rocks! Very gentle and effective. I have senstivie acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out. It may seem like a heavy cream but I still use it during the day--just don't slather it on. Nothing has ever hydrated my skin as well, especially around my eyes. My HG used to be Kiehl's ultra facial moisturizer, but I'm going to stick to this now. Alba makes another product called Sea Lipid Day Cream, which is like the less moisturizing lotion version of this product.

Popular Moisturizers