October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by ejianloh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tried the combination to dry. It was completely disastrous. I seldom have break outs, usually one or two half a year? But this product gave me pimples all over my face within 2 months of using it! I am so upset with it. Furthermore, the "moisture" factor of this product is terrible. I had to use dollops of it to make my face "feel moisturised". Will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ElizabethMichele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used this while I was taking Accutane because my skin was insanely dry (as anyone on Accutane knows). Since it also makes you sun sensitive I needed a good sun screen too. This product delievered both and was beyond perfect. This kept my skin soft and comfortable. I haven't used it since I finished my Accutane treatment (I don't need such a heavy moisturizer anymore, I purschased the super dry version). The price wasn't too bad since it lasts a while, if I ever have dry skin problems again I would go back to it.

If you're on Accutane and think the dryness will kill you, this stuff is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the dry/combo version, which is probably about right for my skin. Maybe I'm a bit more combo than dry, but I didn't get any breakouts from it. That said, I am torn about this product.

Likes:
--creamy, almost whipped, gel-like, consistency
--light, fresh scent
--no breakouts
--feels cooling going on and sinks in quickly
--non-greasy finish for SPF 25

Dislikes
--doesn't feel particularly moisturizing
--price is a bit much for the quality, 34.50 for 50 ml
--tub packaging
--sunscreen not particularly effective

The last point is the most problematic and all the earlier positives cannot outweigh the fact that I got, for the first time in years, an actual sunburn on my face using this product. Various moisturizers and foundations with SPF 15 have kept me from being burned in Spain and Italy, but I got a nice rose-y red and peeling nose and neck on a couple sunny days in England. I might try this again if I got it free, but I don't see putting down my own pounds for it any time soon. It's too bad because there are a lot of things to like about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by spacedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been using SuperDefense since I was about 21, and I'm nearing 29 now. My skin is combination and acne prone, with my t-zone being particularly oily, and I use this product in the combination-oily version. I have found this moisturiser to be one of the few that doesn't create any excess oil on my face. It sinks in fairly quickly, which is a big bonus as I live in a somewhat humid/damp country and my skin often takes a while for most moisturisers to be properly absorbed. The texture is entirely non-greasy.

I use this every morning after cleansing as part of my skincare regimen. What originally drew me to this product was the high SPF; I wear it year round and never need to worry about my skin. I've found it as effective in the UK and when we go to hotter climates like the south of France and California. Obviously a degree of caution is advised when you're in sunny climates and staying out of the sun at peak times is a good idea, but this stuff really does protect your skin (as long as you're not out for extended periods or sunbathing!) and seems to last at least the 2 hours suggested. Over the last couple of years I've taken to layering it with a primer (MAC's Prep & Prime in SPF 50) prior to applying my foundation, which I am sure helps! For reference I am rather fair skinned and can burn easily if I'm not careful.

I am one of the fortunate people who has never had an adverse reaction to Clinique products, this moisturiser has never caused any discomfort or break outs for me. If this moisturiser has a downside I'd suggest it's that it's not super moisturising, but if your skin is as oily as mine then like me you may well consider that a bonus! I use a good cream at night if I feel my skin needs any extra moisture. I like SuperDefense because I feel it preps my skin well for make up, helps to control oil and protects my face from the elements. The only time I see myself changing to a different product is if my skin starts to dry out at all and I decide I need something richer.

Regarding the pot, I'm a heathen and prefer a jar to pumps etc. I always apply with clean fingers and I like that with a jar you can get every last bit! But I can see why for some the jar isn't a perfect solution.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've come some way with this product. For a while I was stuck on Clinique and constantly raved about how much I loved their products, to hating them now.

That clarifying lotion tore my skin up, I almost cried putting it on so I just stopped. So much alcohol. But that's not my rant.

My story with this SuperDefense is that I stopped smoking because I found a wrinkle near my lip area. I stopped smoking that day and went to get myself some anti aging moisturizer and this is what I got. I went home, put it on and in 3 days, it was gone and my skin was so nice.
I loved it. I raved about this product and line so much!

After 2 months of using this, and purchasing a whole lot of stuff from clinique ..... I hated EVERYTHING. My face, broke out for no reason. I tried to narrow it down, stopped the toner.
It got better than an hour after I applied the Super Defense night moisturizer broke out like crazy until I washed my face in the morning it went back to normal. My skin was telling me something.

I stopped using the night moisturizer and toner..was only using SuperDefense spf 25, an hour later as soon as I get to work, my forehead, cheeks covered in little pimples. It was scary.

I dropped it and switched to Boscia(which I am in love with now and has changed my life) I put everything of Clinique's down.. I know people like it and have been using it for years, I remember when my mom used to use it.

I just feel like there's been so many new things that have come out since Clinique. They are just well established and it's a new age now. I also feel like it's pricey main stream products.

My skin obviously hated clinique...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by lmaliski

I purchased the formula for oily combination to oily skin. It dried to a matted finish, didn't make me appear oily and made my skin feel smooth. ONE CAVEAT: it stung! I could feel the stinging throughout the day. I made the mistake of applying this near my eyes once: ouch!!! I really wanted to like this, too. :-( I ended up returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by GeekMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in Dry/combo version. I have really dry skin during the winter, and all the wind has not helped. My hairdresser decided to cut bangs on me, and i have gotten alot of clogged pores (blackheads) after this.
So i got this product.. and instead for getting blackheads (which i can deal with..) i got a huge breakout on my forhead.. and it makes my skin feel oily during the day..
wont buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

I got the small sized tub of this for dry combination skin, and I love it! It's light, creamy, non-greasy in the long run and it feels, looks and smells natural. It does smell a little bit like sunscreen, but I really don't mind that, because I love it that it has SPF 25! I use it during the winter, when my skin tends to be a little dryer (which also seems to make me break out) and I also use retinol, and this kept my skin moisturized and did not break me out at all! I wish they had this in a pump-version, as they say dipping your fingers in a lotion spreads bacteria. Nevertheless, I will definately buy this again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by KatieMarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use Very Dry to Dry. I love this product! It makes my dry skin look and feel like a baby. Desert weather is horrible to my dry skin!!!! This is the first moisturizer that has lasted all day for me. Most of them leave my skin feeling dry by midday. Finally I found something that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have the Superdefense in Combo/Dry. This is my favorite moisturizer for spring, fall, and winter . It feels like it's going to be a heavy moisturizer when you put it on, but it blends great onto your skin and give you a dewy -not greasy- finish. It is also great if you use a liquid foundation like Estee Lauder's Double Wear; it helps the foundation smooth out better and again, gives you a dewy finish. Love this! It is a bit to rich for me in the summer; I switch to Estee Lauder's Clear Difference Moisturizer and switch to Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Makeup! Ha! Love my EL and Clinique!