October 24, 2014 | 1271 users online

Crème - Cle de Peau - Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I really wanted to try this product. then I really wanted to hate it, so that I woudlnt have to try it and like it and pine after something really expensive.

Anyways, I ended up trying it thanks to a lovely swap :) I got an O 30 shade. The packaging is nice and very elegant, but not very portable, which is OK since this is not meant to be carried around in a fanny pack anyway its a nighstand sort of product.

The price is ginormous but since I got this free in a swap I decided to treat it like that. As soon as I got it I put it on and boy was the coverage flawless.

The foundation is thick and creamy and a little goes a long way. I just put it on with my fingers and swirled, then finished with a buff brush to even it all out. It smoothed my skin wonderfully, Ive never had such smooth looking skin in my life. The pigmentation was good, enough to cover, not too much to look cakey or maskey.

I would imagine this foundation would photograph perfectly. It covers awesome and feels great, lasts nicely as well.

However, there were a few cons. First of all, it did oxidize on me and turn darker, also it settled into my pores and I could see my pores 'magnified' in about six hours. This does not happen to me with my normal skincare and makeup routine (Lancome) which is great in minimizing my huge pores (I use teint idole ultra and pure focus/sensation totale). Also, I would not recommend this as a daily foundation, since it is very rich and very highly pigmented (which I personally dislike in foundations).

The color turned visibly darker and did let oil through, and didnt mask pores. However for someone whos not as oily as me, and wants PERFECT natural flawless coverage I would definitely recommend this foundation. And Im really glad I got a chance to try it so I could get the greed for this out of my system :D

Back to TIU :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This review is for the cream foundation, otherwise "teint naturel creme" as printed on the box. This is the matte version of the cream fdn as the other is more dewy, an oilier version. I am NC35, & I used the O 30 (O for ochre = yellow) and a good match, better match than Px CB. At the present I am using the fdn that is clinging to the plastic barrier of the jar, whatever is clinging there should last me 2 weeks of daily application. And when that is used up, I will use a Q-tip (minus the cotton tip) to dip & pick up whatever I need.
    The square jar, for a change, is elegant, for Cad$129. The honest SA wouldn't suggest me to buy the concealer & loose powder as this fdn will do it all. Thanks, Emily.

This bottle will last me at least a year & is definitely worth it. I like this fdn better than the CdP powder fdn and will keep buying unless something even better comes out.

Update: Try using this over Smashbox primer, as it will allow quick & smooth application, I can do my entire face by using the size of 2 grains of rice.
    July 2009, an even better way of using this, ... pick up half of your normal amount, mix it with equal amount of your regular silicone primer beforehand (on a metal surface, I find the cap of any cream will do good), the concoction smooths on effortlessly, fast & easy, this matches (OC30) my summer skin seamlessly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by barbiesweetdoll

the shades suit me perfectly and it gives great coverage and still looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by suzieo123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best foundation I've ever used - I was using Laura Mercier and Lancome - I hesitate only because of the price - $110! The SA presented me with a color I thought would be a bit dark - but after wearing this for 2 days - she was right. I had been wearing the wrong color this whole time. I received a sample of the loose powder to touch up through out the day - I do shine by mid day and was expecting this creme to fade - but no - it stayed on the whole day! I was amazed. Will never look at another line - going back to get the loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by SandraBonita

I was prompted to purchase this product in search of the next big thing in foundation. I am a huge fan of creme foundations, so I thought I would give this a try based on all of the celebrity attention given to this product. In an ounce to dollar price comparison, it is the same price of my beloved La Prairie caviar foundation. The Neiman Marcus sales person matched me to B20. It is a little yellower and darker in color than what I'm used to. (I tend to prefer the more porcelain ivory look), but he insisted it was a "flawless match". To lighten the color up a bit and use less product, I mix it with my Lorac highlighter and it looks fabulous. The coverage is amazing and I didn't notice any increased or unusual break outs. I don't particularly care for the packaging. It has a plastic cover that you remove with each use, and I guess you're supposed to dab your fingers into the container to get out the product? I usually dip a clean foundation brush in the foundation pot. As for how long it will last? I purchased it on Sept 1st, so I will update the message board with how long the product lasted. Although a bit pricey at $100,. you are getting a quality product and because of it's rich consistency, you use less product than with other more fluid foundations.
    UPDATE: This product ended up lasting me 5 months. With this in mind, I will be re-purchasing La Prairie because that product lasts me longer and it also comes with a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by e_tanzil

I absolutely love this foundation!!! I have really bad acne, but this covers my acne scars, under eye circles, and any other imperfections like a dream. I can even skip concealer!!! I apply this foundation by digging out a pea sized amount, using a spatula, and put it on the back of my hand, then use the cle de peau sponge for cream foundation and dab a little, and I mean very little, amount of the foundation, and then slide a thin layer all over my face, a little dab at a time. I then proceed to the second layer. This time, I take the same amount each time, and pat it on the areas that need covering, ie. acne scars, under eye circles etc, and voila, I have perfect skin! This process might take some time the first few applications, but it gets faster and faster after some time. I took one lippie off as O10 is too light for me, and O20 is too yellow, so I kinda have to mix both together to get a decent color. The packaging is not too great either, but I can live with it since I use a spatula, and the results I get is worth it. So far, this is an HG for me. I also heard that Covermark foundations also have great coverage, so those are what I'm gonna try next. Hopefully, they'll have the perfect color for me, and won't break me out at the same time. Until then, I'm sticking with this wonderful savior of mine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have wanted to tru this foundation for so long and I just got the guts to shell out $110 for it! My husband would vapor lock if he knew how much I paid. I very rarely shop at Saks or Neiman Marcus, so I had never heard of it until about almost a year ago when I read that many celebrities use this, such as Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, and Sarah Michelle Gellar. It is very expensice, but super concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way. The sales associate said hers lasts over a year with regular use. It was difficult to imagine a cream foundation for oily skin like mine, but this is great. It gave great, natural looking coverage. Four hours later, I hadn't had any oily breakthrough. And today was a warm, humid day. During the summertime I have a severe problem with sweating, so I don't know if this will work for that. The packaging is elegant, but could be problematic when it is near empty. Is it just me or does its light fragrance remind you of Estee Lauder's White Linen? (That doesn't bother me.) So far, I really like this foundation and I will re-purchase. (Hopefully not for at least another year!) I will update if anything about this changes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that I may have finally found my holy grail foundation. This has been the most exhausting search ever. I have bought nearly every medium to full coverage foundation on the planet this past year. I even bought La Prairie's Caviar Foundation so you know I'm on a mission (that's $165.00 a bottle)! I am super pale so nothing ever matches me. If I am lucky enough to find a foundation that is truly full coverage to give me that flawless look it's too dark or too oily for me (Estee Lauder's Maximum Coverage would be the ultimate stuff on earth if they had a shade that matched and wasn't quite so oily). I just got this in the lightest shade (100) and although it's a bit strikingly pale (actually paler them my own skin which is a switch), I can't stop looking in the mirror at my snow white skin with this stuff on. It's quite striking actually. I could maybe go a shade darker which is sooooo rare but I am kind of liking this extra pale look.

It is ridiculously overpriced at $110.00 (though La Prairie takes the cake there at $165.00 a bottle and the bottle isn't even full when you get it which irritated me). The jar is so elegant however it's impractical and not very sanitary. It's small enough that you can take it with you in your make up case which is kind of cool but it's a bulky jar so you need a larger make up bag (which I do have that I got from Sephora). Its luxurious looking but it has a small neck so you will need a small spatula or spoon once you begin getting low which is a low point. This would have been perfect make up to be in a tube. It's extremely creamy and luxurious and would have been ideal if it were in a tube for many reasons. I won't let these things stop me from repurchasing because this is truly the best stuff on earth. I can see why so many celebrities swear by this foundation and why it has such a cult following. I have never heard of a cream foundation that is suitable for oily skin but this one is so you get this gorgeous full coverage and no break outs or extra added oil. It won't keep your skin oil free all day (nothing will if you are truly oily and really a foundation is not what you need to look to for this but rather your primer and your powder). I am officially in love!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

see libralibra's comment....it's pretty much how I feel about this product, word for word. Very unnatural looking, very pink cast.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by libralibra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't purchase this (God forbid you ever try to return anything at Sak's or Neiman Marcus). This review is based on two separate applications at the store.. It looked awful--totally artificial, a heavy mask. And to think it is $110. It looked obvious that I was wearing foundation, just too unnatural. No thanks. I will stick to my Armani.