OPI Black Onyx

4.1

on 10/2/2009 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this nail polish. I don't paint my nails that often, but when I want to look dressier or I'm just bored with my appearance, I'll put a coat or 2 of this on and I'm good for days. It doesn't chip that easily, especially if you don't use a topcoat I've found. I'll definitely buy again if I ever run out, because this stuff lasts forever!

on 8/9/2009 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

The perfect creme black, nuff said. It goes almost opaque in one coat. Applies evenly, it is jet black and is just perfect. :)

on 7/28/2009 11:58:00 PM

OPI's nail colors are amazing quality. This is way better than Chanel's black satin, which can easily get scuffed up. Lasts an entire week with no top coat. only thing is you must apply 2 coats else its watery black instead of true black.

on 5/15/2009 5:48:00 PM

I actually like this polish. I am on my second bottle though because the first one lay on its side for a while and accidentally got sealed shut when I was halfway through it. I haven't had any problems with it at all, it's the same good quality as my other OPI polishes. I use base coat, then the first coat goes on transparent-ish grey and streaky, but the second coat fills it all in and leaves it perfectly glossy and opaque. It dries quickly and hard and does not chip for a long time.

on 5/15/2009 5:18:00 PM

Love this Black!! easy application, brilliant shine, and completely opaque with two coats. I usually wear this colour on my toes and I get so many compliments on how shiny it is. I will certainly repurchase this when I run out.

on 4/30/2009 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am so mad I wasted almost $10 on this nail polish. I bought it for black-tip french manicures bc one time they gave me navy tips :/ , but after trying it out today i realized I wont be able to do that with this color since it is so sheer and runny. I have much better black nail polishes that are more pigmented and opaque that I paid only $1 for. The salesperson at ULTA told me it was going to be super-pigmented but obviously they've never tried it and just wanted me to buy the expensive one. Too bad I can't return it bc I actually purchased about 5 months ago. The best I can do with this is use it as a top coat to seal in my cheaper black polishes. I don't know how people are saying that 2 coats work fine because I even tried to patch a tiny smudge that happened on one of my nails with this and it still didn't cover it. For dark colors runny is NOT a good thing, I want to know where I'm putting it, and I'm a pretty skilled manicurist, all my friends and family ask me to do their nails! I'm sorry but I don't have all day to sit there painting layer upon layer on my nails. There are definitely better quality black polishes somewhere out there so dont waste your time on this... I usually love OPI but they need to reformulate this one.

on 4/10/2009 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Surprisingly i actually really liked this, I put on thin layers and built it up so it actually dried relatively fast.

My friend who hated this asked me what I used and they were amazed because they had nothing but problems with it, but as long as you build up the color slowly it works great.

It is very time consuming, but once it is on it stays on.

on 12/11/2008 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am in love with OPI nail polishes this black one is awsome it had great shine and it lasts!! ♥ OPI

on 10/7/2008 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

agree with others... a bit diff to apply n took forever to dry! but i thk it is very long lasting though and i like it.

on 6/3/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is ok but nothing special.

The first coat goes on too sheer for a black polish and you couldn't just do one coat. Two the minimum you need to get a deep black colour, but then when it's too thick, it looks gluggy and chips easily.

Compared to my other black polishes, it also has a tinge of like dark dark brown through it in certain lighting.

I've bought it twice and both of the bottles became a thick mess after using not even half the contents.

Popular Polishes