April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Fantasy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jbrago

I purchased this as I thought it was a great combo... A nice light brown pencil with tinted gel to set it. I have been using brow pencil /powder and setting with clear mascara for years....

Although I love the texture and color of the pencil, I was really disappointed in the gel. To me, it's not a gel at all, but more of tinted grease. It didn't keep my brows in place, but did create weird little tinted greasy marks above my brows... Very messy and actually kind of icky. I went back to my clear mascara and continued to use the pencil. Once the pencil (already on the short side) got 2/3 used, it no longer fit in my sharpener as there is a plastic ring near the base that keeps you from getting to the last bit...

This seems to be a great product for many people, but for me- not so much. If they replaced the gel with clear mascara, then we'd be talking!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by steppincloser

I absolutely love this brow pencil/gel! I used to use clear mascara, and then after TiffanyD's review, I immediately went out & tried this! The color, quality and gel are awesome. I won't be looking for another, this one does the trick perfectly and my brows look fabulous and not shiny, goopy or crunchy. The only thing I would say would make it better is the pencil lid to screw on rather than pop on and off since it gets loose over time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

Great product, low price, and awesome staying power -

I've always had thin brows - they have decent shape, but they don't do much for my face. I also have naturally dark hair, which I color pretty dark with reddish highlights - and my thin brows were sort of getting lost.

I'd had this product around (dark shade) and was just using the brow gel, but about a month ago I decided to give the pencil a try.

It's a perfect match for my haircolor/browcolor, goes on with a natural look, and STAYS PUT. Mine stays on through an 8-5 job, a Zumba workout and bathtime for the kiddos - and doesn't budge until I remove it!

I will say that the best results come from a sharp pencil. It's easy to smudge so the line looks more diffuse and natural, but the sharper the pencil, the better the application. Dull pencil = Caterpillar brows.

The lid on the brow pencil end gets loose after awhile, but that's the only thing I can come up with that is somewhat negative. And I fix it with a small piece of tape.

Highly recommended. Great drugstore find.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. I got it in the shade dark blonde and it matches perfectly! It stays all day and really defines my brows and frames my face!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jaimemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this at the pharmacy (drug store for the Americans out there) yesterday for only $5, they were in the discount basket and boy should I have bought more!

Shade: Light brown

Texture - the texture of the pencil, for me, I find is quite stiff and not so creamy

Pigmentation - the pigmentation is average, it's not true to the outside of the pencil on first swipe but you can build it up. You have to press quite firmly if you want it the colour of the outside of the pencil because of the stiffness I was talking about earlier. I personally like this because you get more feathery strokes and a more natural colour.

Packaging - The packaging's convenient having the gel and pencil together. You may not think it's a big deal, in my bathroom products are not reached so easily and when you're in a hurry to get out the door (i.e. everyday for me ha ha) it's just nice having the gel right there after the pencil.
I don't think the packaging is especially lush looking, at first I even thought it was cheap looking, but it's grown on me and it's a very convenient and gadget looking.

Lasting power - I haven't worn this for a whole day out yet, but I don't need to. I did a few swatches of it on my hand when I opened it, and the swatches were difficult to rub off! ;) They really stayed in place and in fading, they didn't smudge, only faded in colour.

I think that's all I have to say about the product, I like the control you have over pencils and they can usually be too pigmented but this colour and the way the colour comes off is perfect. With the brow powder I have, I actually find that it's a little difficult to achieve a natural colour sometimes because of deciding how much powder on your brush is appropriate and you have to concentrate on creating natural strokes and directing the pencil in the right direction - at the same time. While with this, the colour is sorted for you and the directing is just as easy, if not easier because it's harder to make a pigmented mistake. Also with this product, I achieve a natural looking brow in the end, it can never go darker than a certain shade and it's very even looking because of the pigmentation of it. It's really easy to achieve a thin/polished brow if desired, unlike powders which I can find feather a bit and make my brows lose their shape.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have chocolate brown hair with natural red highlights and I bought the shade "Light Brown."

This product has both good and bad qualities. First of all I love that it has both a tinted brow gel and a brow pencil. You can use each side separately for a more natural, understated brow or you can use them together for a nice defined look. But it is quite pricey for a drugstore product (just under $10 here).

The pencil is a good texture, nicely pigmented and waxy and great for catching onto the brows. The formula allows it to hold up very well through the summer heat (even without the brow gel to set) and looks very natural. The Light Brown color works perfectly for my coloring, just a shade or two lighter than my natural hair color, which is an effect that I've grown to really like.

The brow gel, while it is a great idea, is severely lacking in quality. I normally love brow gels because they're effortless and allow you to tame and lightly define your brows in one quick, easy step. The pigmentation with this product is good; not too heavy, not too light and perfect for a very natural "my brows but better" look. On initial application the brow gel is very nice, either alone or applied over the pencil. But in only a few minutes the gel becomes very, very stiff and dry, causing a chalky look. Eventually the dryness leads to the product flaking and, unfortunately, causing you to look like you've got dandruff on your eyebrows.

I wanted to love this product because it is difficult to find a drugstore tinted brow gel, but sadly this falls short of my expectations. And for a drugstore product, this is certainly overpriced, especially considering the quality. I gave this two lippies because the pencil is fair quality, but I don't recommend spending your money on this product. A much better alternative are the ELF Brow Kits. They don't have the brow gel that I'm so fond of, but their wax/powder combinations are lovely and much better quality than the Revlon Brow Fantasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Finally! A DS product that keeps my unruly brows in place. I have issues with one eyebrow in particular that is always messed up due to my hair falling across my face. I've used several different brow products were never able to keep my brows set.

I have medium/dark brown hair and I chose the light brown color because I don't favor really dark brows on myself. The color is perfect and looks very natural.

The pencil side of the product is great. Not extremely waxy, not too stiff. Just right.

The gel side is also great at keeping my unruly brows in place; however i do have one complaint. And I don't know if I just got a weird batch or if all of them smell this way, but I think the gel smells exactly like cat urine. 0___0

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Lovely-i have it in the ash blonde though i have dark hair- i don't use a lot but it makes a big difference. I used it on my sister n her brows looked soft and natural. Very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this in Brunette and the pencil turned out to be wayy too light..Like a medium golden brown instead of the color of the actual pencil so it really didn't do much for me, the pencil is also very short like half of a regular pencil although i'm sure thats just because the gel/pencil are double sided. The gel wears pretty good and it keeps my eyebrows from moving around. If you use a little too much your eyebrow hair can feel a little crusty with the gel on but if you just blend them with a spoolie brush then itll look fine. I might buy this in a darker color and see if I like it any better

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by donutlooksforgreatproduct

I love this product! The ease of use is amazing. I love the gel that comes with it. With my eyebrows pencils usually never stays on so I always need gel. The gel comes in a matching color so it doesn't look dirty as opposed to clear brow gel. On days I don't use the specific pencil I still use the gel. It doesn't have a brow brush, but with the gel wand I don't need it. The darker colors tend to be very pigmented for brows so a light hand is suggested. After so many different pencils and gels for my brows I finally found the one. My hg brow product.