April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even #2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ladyonspencer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pricing: Expensive ($30) But well worth it
Packaging: Great, comes with a useless sponge though

Pros:
Color evens out red skin perfectly
Let's freckles and natural color shine through slightly
Not break-outs
3 color to choose from really work for a bunch of skin tones

Cons:
Price

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Loumul

At first, I found this product to be excellent. It gives very good coverage and does even out skin tone. The down side for me is that, I find I have to top up - it doesn't last all day. The sponge that comes with it is absolute useless, so I have to use a soft brush to apply this instead and it's way too expensive for what you get. I use a loose powder over my foundation daily and use this for occasions or nights out due to the price. P.S. You should just put this on one side of your face first and compare it to the other, your "get even" side will look flawless! I will buy again when I run out and use sporadically!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Get Even #2 is one powder that I keep coming back to.... I really like the fact that it does even out my skin tone. I'm on my 4th compact, and probably won't be the last. The only reason I gave it 4 lippy is that I feel it's on the pricey side for a powder. Other than that, the only time I don't use it is probably during the winter time where my skin is tooooo dry ... since the powder makes my face look chalky, but it's great for me in the summer time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by IHeartBenefit74

This has been one of my staples for the past 3 years. My skin is NC20 and this stuff is the perfect shade for me. My skin has a slight touch of rosacea and I use Get Even with Some Kind of Gorgeous and it corrects any redness. The puff that comes in the sturdy, black mirrored compact usually gets thrown out and I use a nice powder brush. It is kinda pricey but it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by pgudritz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product about a year ago and am starting to LOVe this make up Line. I am usually a MAC person but Benefit turned me onto thier products. I didn't realize mac is for studio wear vs. just a natural wear. Get Even#2 has replaced my mac studiofix. I love this product escpecially when I wear it over some kind of gorgoeus. It doesn't feel caky on my skin and just feels very natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. i love this. Total HG. My skin is NC20/25ish and I wanted something to help even out my skintone, minimize pores, and just give me a polished, fresh, matte look without drying my skin out. Also, my problem is that i can never find a powder (or foundation) that is yellow enough. But this does the trick. It evens out my skin beautifully, has great coverage, and blends well with my kabuki brush.

Colorwise, the #2 shade is perfect for me. PERFECT! It's the perfect amount of yellow, great for light olive complexions. I think #2 compares to the yellow in Stila's IPF 40 watts, perhaps a dab lighter. But unlike Stila's illuminating powder foundation, this powder really gives you a fresh matte finish, with no shimmer at all. I love that!

For reference: I like this sooo much better than MUFE's duo-mat powder foundation (which didn't cover a thing! and was so chalky!) I also like this better than Mac's studiofix (which irritated my skin terribly). I also like this better than BE minerals (which made my skin itch! and was too "metallic-looking"). It's also way better than L'oreal's Bare Naturale (which was nice, but colors were never yellow enough) It's also better than Jane Iredale's powders because this lasts sooo much longer. It really lasts all day on me. I love that is so pigmented.

I actually think the compact is super cute. I don't carry it around with me though, i leave it at home. I just apply in the morning, and maybe blot once in the afternoon with 1 oil-blot sheet if it's been a busy day. But if i'm going out at night, i'll sweep my kabuki brush lightly over the powder for a quick touch-up.

I wear a special concealer for my undereye circles-- (i adore Time Balm by TheBalm!) and sometimes i'll wear a light TM underneath this Get Even powder (usually Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer in #30), but that's only when i want to be super polished. Otherwise it looks great on bare skin.

I will definitely buy this again. It is so worth it.

UPDATE: still like this, but it might just be for special occassions and not everyday, since i think my skin is too sensitive for everyday use. but i kept 5 stars b/c i still think it's nice and does what it says.

UPDATE #2: Well, i just tried it again and i absolutely LOVE it!!! It does not irritate my skin like i had previously thought--- i have since changed my skincare routine and learned that my skin really handles make-up better if i use Glycolic Acid toner every night (thank you, Dr. Denese!). So no more problems. Now i can go back to enjoying this lovely powder.

my favorite thing about this powder is the natural yellow color. it's not that phoney yellow that Bluff Dust has, but it's yellow enough to really brighten your skin, especially if u have olive undertones like me. Thank goodness for Get Even #2! :) definitely HG for me

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by cottonball

I'm very impressed with how well this shade blends in with my skin color even though there were only 3 colors to choose from. My friend also uses the same shade although our skin color is slightly different, and it matches her skintone very well.

This product provides light coverage and delivers a natural finish. It seems to even out my skin tone and cancel redness.

I love how this product gets rid of the oiliness and shininess of my face when I first apply it in the morning, and continues to soak up oil throughout the day without any touch up. As a result, my skin stays matte for a long period of time.

This is great for really oily skin - I would not recommend it for anyone with normal or dry skin. I have combination skin and find that it dries out some areas of my face. However, it is fine when I use a heavier moisturizer around those areas before putting on the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Dillinger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went to my local benefit counter to pick my shade - with other brands Id go for a lighter shade so was tempted to just go with number 1 however number 2 really suits my skin tone. Number 1 was that little bit too light. Anyway I use this every day, usually just moisturise, then some of this, mascara and blush. If Im wearing foundation I'll use a little powder to set on top, take away any shine. Today Im wearing some kinda gorgeous and thought I may need a little powder on top but it wasnt necessary. Ive just bought another as Ive started to see the metal base coming through in the compact... Feels good to wear and evens my skin tone out nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by aanddg

I really like this product. I wear it after I apply my primer and it really evens out the redness on my cheeks. After I apply the powder I apply my BE in medium than I top it off with Benefit's Dandelion. My skin looks flawless. I once forgot to apply the powder and only applied the BE and Dandelion and I noticied my skin didn't look as evened out. It took a while for me to figure out the best regimine for application, but once I did my face looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by bauer32301

I wear this everyday--just brushed on with my MAC 180 brush. It cancels out redness and tones down shine. I wear this like a powder foundation. I don't like liquids, and the traditional powder foundations that I've tried (MUFE Duo Mat, Smashbox, and EL DoubleWear) didn't work for me for various reasons. Benefit's powder is great--it is definitely pigmented enough to be considered a powder foundation. It's oil free and has never broken me out (which is easy for most makeup to do--as in the case of the MUFE Duo Mat). You get a very natural finish. Luckily for me, #2 matches my yellow undertoned skin well. For reference, I'm a NC20. Benefit's powder in #1 is a wee bit too light for me.

Only gets 4 of 5 because it does't last all day.