November 24, 2014 | 2029 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Soft Kohl - Pure White

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by silldr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good for the price! If I heat it up LIGHTLY with a lighter (not much at all or it will melt) it shows up a more dramatic white, instead of soft white- depends what look i'm going for.

It's true that it doesn't last for more than 3-4ish hours (on waterline) , but i can work with that. For the price, that ain't bad. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ncjdivadancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Stays nice on my lower water line to really perk up my eyes and make me look awake!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Solid drugstore eyeliner - applies easily and smoothly, and is very pigmented. Brightens up eyes - great for the corner and the waterline. Can be blended out easily, if need be. The staying power is so-so (hence one deducted point) but the price is right and the need for an occasional touch-up won't deter me from repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I was disappointed by this product. The reviews seemed fair here but I found it had such terrible staying power that I had to reapply it every hour, Didn't really make it worth it, I'd pay more for a better quality eyeliner. The pros of this product are it is cheap and because it's not a very strong colour (cos it's cheap quality) it's less harsh looking on your waterline than other liners. That oddly works in it's favour! If this liner had good staying power it'd be great but sadly not :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

My favorite white eye pencil! Perfect for lining the inner corners/rims. Well pigmented and soft. Not a bad price, either!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great drugstore liner. It does what I expect a white kohl liner to do. It brightens up my waterline and has pretty decent staying power. I have to retouch it once in the middle of the day, but it goes on smoothly and is definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This is a pretty good white eyeliner! I only use a thin layer of this stuff on my inner rims and it doesn't look stark and obvious. It looks natural, and my eyes look much bigger and brighter afterwards. My only beef is that every time I sharpen this, it smushes against the cap, so I have to keep resharpening, thus wasting product. I'll probably buy this again though, since it gives such great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a white drugstore eyeliner, this is pretty good. It's soft and opaque, so it glides on easily when I apply it onto my waterline. Other drugstore white liners that I tried were wretched; waxy with horrible color payoff.

However, like the reviewer below me stated, it can crumble, most likely because it's so soft and it gets caught on my bottom lashes. To be fair, I believe this is because I sometimes - out of habit, really - apply my eyeliner quickly with some pressure. If I take my time, though, I don't have a problem with crumbling.

Of course, as with most eye liners (especially on the waterline), this won't last too long; I'd say about 4 to 5 hours without any sort of primer. I personally don't care too much about this, since I'm not worried about this smudging on me, as it's white (If this were a darker color, it'd be a disaster), and I could just re-apply when it fades.

I just want to address another thing the reviewer below me touched upon: the use of a 'nude', or should I say, skin-toned eyeliner, rather than a white eyeliner on the waterline/inner rims. This is a really good tip for for dealing with redness in these problematic areas, as it looks much more natural than a stark white color could ever look in these areas. I would suggest people looking into a white liner for this reason alone, look into a nude eyeliner.

Overall, this is a decent eyeliner, and if I needed to, I'd repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I really like RImmel's Soft Kohl in black, and so when I wanted to try a white eye liner, this seemed like a great, inexpensive way to see if I liked it.

Nope. This just isnt the same quality as the black version. This one does not smooth on very easily, it's not very pigmented, and sort of comes off in chunks/flakes. It looks weird and wrong. I cant really explain it. It looks going over it several times to layer on the color, and then it fades away super fast.

I was really dissapointed, I had hoped it would work because I have very red inner rims on my eyes, and I was hoping this would cover them and brighten the area. It just bugs my eyes more because I have to keep going over them, and then it doesn't stay anyways, so not worth the effort.

I also decided I don't like the pure white look. I prefer a nude pencil, and so I am now using cargo reverse liner on my rims and liking it a lot.

Since this didn't work, I thought I could use it as an eye base, but it is not creamy enough, and it just sort of disappears when I try to blend it in. Its also just cakes up if I try to use it in the inner corners like I see some youtubers do. It's not the worst white pencil out there, but it just isn't workable for me.

The cap also broke very easily - it really bugs me. Otherwise it just a standard sharpen-able eye pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by xoLena14xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this at a friend's house, and I loved it! It was very rich and creamy, and when I put it on my waterline, my eyes looked huge! The only thing was that I had to reapply it later. I also used this on my browbone, and it stayed put but came off easily when I washed my face. On the inner corner of my eye, it smuged off pretty quickly when I rubbed my eye but otherwise it stayed pretty well. Would totally recommend this to anyone!