The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 1/6/2014 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well i broke out alot with it, but i thought it was given on the first couple of use, but after 2 months if applying, it got worse... I had pimples, newly formed everyday, then bumps that i dont know, it supposed to act as antiseptic to your but it didnt, so definitely not really impressed with this product...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When i knew nothing about skincare i used this all over my skin to combat acne and it ruined my skin

on 12/26/2013 7:35:00 PM

First of all, I hated the bottle packaging because it took me forever to get it open so I could actually apply it. I have combination skin, and only some problems on my t-zone, so I only applied it in those areas. It was tingling, so I thought it was doing something, but it never really helped my skin at all. If anything, it made my skin quite blotchy. Definitely would not repurchase, also it's very expensive for such a small bottle.

on 12/13/2013 10:21:00 PM

Soothing, lightens the colour of the blemish overnight.
Overall a so-so treatment oil.

on 11/24/2013 2:11:00 AM

I only need 1-2 days to heal if I use this tea tree oil, and my skin doesn't get dried up as other spot treatments would do. I haven't been using anything else that's for blemishes so I know it's this tea tree oil that works.

P.S. The salesperson is a disappointment. The salesman (at The Body Shop store at D.C.'s Washington Union station) told me to buy the entire range of Tea Tree products and stop using anything from other brands for the acne treatment to work. He made fun of me because I answered that the other skincare of mine was from a different brand.
This is bad business ethics and tactless salesmanship.

on 11/14/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

it works slow.
it smell like a cajuput oil.
i hate the packaging. i always spoil my oil.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Tea tree oil saved my life, I swear! I went through a REALLY bad break out recently & during this breakout I had 2 massive under the skin pimples that just wouldn't go away. I had had these pimples for 10 days and they were going no where. I applied tea tree oil on them 3 times within 24 hours & they had reduced the pimples significantly. I am so pleased with this product especially since you can wear it under your makeup without anyone the wiser. Totally recommend it for anyone with under the skin acne like me!

on 10/9/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I've been using this tea tree oil for almost a year. I used to spot treat my acne with benzoyl peroxide but it was too drying and irritated my skin. This oil is a gentler option and even better than BP. I dab the oil on my acne after I put on my night moisturizer. I usually stock up when The Body Shop is having their 40% off sale. For on the surface acne if you catch them early enough and dab this on,the acne will be completely gone the next day. But if you're like me and get those nasty cystic acne,it'll take longer time to get rid of it.

on 10/2/2013 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought almost the entire tea tree line, the oil, the body wash, the face scrub, the toner, the night lotion and the day lotion. I heard great reviews on the line and gave it a shot because I had tiny bumps along my cheeks and the occasional blemish here and there. Looking back now, I was trying to fix a problem that was very small... And in doing so I made it worse tenfold. I began breaking out when I fist started to use the line, but I assumed it was "purging" my skin of all of the impurities so I continued use. After 2 1/2 weeks, I had multiple cystic pimples (three on my left cheek, three on my forehead, six (yes six!) on my right cheek) but I still assumed it was purging. After a month of continual use my face was destroyed. I have never had acne like this. After a month of stopping the tea tree line the pimples will not go away, and there are even some new ones, along with new acne scars. I honestly don't know what happened... I used everything accordingly and never skipped a day. This line changed my skin for the worse. I am now seeing a dermatologist to attempt to fix what the $60+ tea tree line caused. I urge anyone with sensitive skin to stay far away from this product and I recommend to everyone to get a sample and patch test before buying. In conclusion, i wish I had never bought the tea tree line as it has caused permanent damage to my face.

on 8/28/2013 3:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I really had high hopes for this product, judging by the price-size ratio. I wanted to love it, but I didn't see any effects at all. It didn't break me out, but it didn't help my already present acne either. I expected at least a little bit of a tingly feeling to indicate that it was working, but that didn't happen either. At most it smells kind of nice.

The packaging was super irritating too! I couldn't get any of the oil out at all, and had to resort to prying off the spout! After I used a fair amount of the product though, and there was enough air in the bottle to allow for the oil to flow out of the spout, the experience got a little better, but I still have to angle it perfecting or else nothing comes out..

Definitely not purchasing again.

Popular Treatments (Face)