July 29, 2014 | 2148 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by T1NA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fantastic -- I have a problem with cystic acne ( I have like the Colorado Rockies mountains along my cheeks ) and this stuff cleared it up almost instantly.
I've been to dermatologists, skin care professionals, tried home remedies, everything. Nothing worked except this, and I will only buy this.
This, along with other Body Shop products, is actually one dollar cheaper at an Ulta beauty store, and they often have great coupons, so it's not that expensive. The retail price for this at Ulta is $9.
I just tip it over and drop a little on my cheek where the cysts start coming in, and pat it onto the area.
WARNING: Do not "overdose" on this as it WILL dry out the skin quite a bit. But that usually is not a problem, as you can just kind of "pluck" the dry skin off the area and it will be fine. For some sensitive skin, however, it may be a little difficult. Just reduce the dosage if so !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by BeautyButt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had acne problems since the beginning of middle-school. I have had cystic acne and only recently my acne is getting better due to better habits, more water, prescription face gel, and an antibiotic. ALL of which i use every night. My skincare routine is very very detailed and if I skip one thing my face will break out in cystic acne. Ever since I purchased this tiny bottle of tea tree oil, I haven't had ANY cystic acne, or really any pimples whatsoever. All I have is acne-scarring, but my face is completely clear now, due to this so I can work on the scars. I get pimples that begin to form under the skin and hurt, but if I notice this, I put tea tree oil on it with a Qtip (after washing my face and putting on medication/moisturizer) and in the morning the pimple had stopped forming, and never comes back. This stuff is CRAZY good. a little expensive for such a teeny bottle, but definitely worth it. I wear face makeup every day, but even if I do feel a breakout now, I just use the tea tree oil and it's GONE overnight. The smell to me is lovely, although my boyfriend thinks otherwise, but I definitely recommend for people needing a quick spot-treatment. I will never use anything else as a spot treatment again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by mimepanda

I've been using tea tree oil for my acne for a few years now and my results have been somewhat inconsistent. I use it at night as a spot treatment, after cleansing and moisturizing. On some types of acne it seems to work really well and I wake up in the morning with noticeably less inflamed spots. With continued use these spots dry up within a few days and don't leave as much of a dark spot afterwards. However I did not find it to be effective for whiteheads or cystic acne. The smell of the oil is somewhat medicinal but not overwhelming, I can feel a slight cooling sensation when I apply it but other than that there is no burning or discomfort. Lately it seems to have lost its effectiveness so I have turned to my prescription Clindoxyl cream again for my acne, but I would recommend those with light, uncomplicated acne to give this a try. I paid $12 for this and although the bottles are small, one bottle lasts several months.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by peachdew

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

personally, i didn't find this to help my skin at all. the smell is bearable, and i find it relieves shaving bumps. although when it came to treating pimples or just my skin in general, i really don't feel as if it helps at all! i think spots clear up slightly quicker, but really i don't think this product helped me at all. wouldn't recommend it, but it may work for others!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by AlwaysDouze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I don't think this product does much for my skin. I'd prefer to use salicylic acid for my pimples. The design of the bottle is pretty unhygienic, it's kind of a pain trying to dab it onto my finger.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was told by the lady that worked there this would definitely clear my acne. I gave it a shot and wish I never did. This actually broke me out even more and made my skin more oily and clogged. The tea tree oil in this product is only 15% and it was $9. I could have gone to target and get a huge bottle for $7 and it being 100% pure tea tree oil. It was way to small for the price and the amount of actual tea tree oil in it. I will not but it from here and I don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by eminem42127

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bad hormonal acne (due to switching birth control types) and this did nothing to clear up my skin. Looks like you can buy products with a higher content of tea tree oil for much cheaper too. This was definitely a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by auliadyahr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: At first, it kind of made the acnes fade. But more frequently and/or regularly I used, it gave rashes and made my skin really dry. I stopped using it, and my skin gets better. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product seems to have a lot of reviewers either loving it or hating it! I was a bit iffy about purchasing it because of such polarised reviews but thought I'd give it a try when I got a particularly irritating pimple.
To be honest, I was really surprised. My skin is horribly dry most of the time and usually pretty reactive. It'll be dried out by anything that is even slightly drying and react to anything that has the smallest chance of causing a reaction. So from the numerous reviewers who said the product left them with dry patches and the 'if irritation occurs discontinue use' warning on the bottle, I was very apprehensive and expected the worst.
So the surprise was that I didn't have an episode of contact dermatitis or even get the smallest flake of dry skin. I guess that's a mixture of luck and the product being weaker than expected.
I applied the oil on top of two layers of moisturiser and coconut oil each night and the spot went down in about three days (not much shorter than the usual). I also used in on a few other tiny spots which seemed to have gotten better - but then they usually do that on their own.
All up, I'm giving it a three because it worked ok. Nothing fantastic and it wasn't the magical miracle for me that it was for others. It didn't have any bad side effects but neither did it make any spots magically vanish super quickly and without a trace - (I was left with a tiny scar from the aforementioned spot but I think it may be a bit lighter than usual).

Also, as a massage oil, it was pretty rubbish. The Body Shop website recommends using 6 drops but that was used up over a small area and became quite 'dry' so I had to add coconut oil too. The smell is also not really for everyone - bit too strong for my liking.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by MirandaKirk

I have acne prone, oily, combination skin.
It doesn't work for me. It doesn't make my skin worst but it doesn't make my skin better either. The smell is just, annoying, maybe for some people it's good, but for me, really, I don't like the smell.
I heard a lot of people who find this tea tree oil works, so I think it's worth a try!