April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Foundations - Za - Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by alikiki

I first noticed this foundation 4 years ago when I met a friend who looked absolutely radiant and asked her what she was using. She told me it was ZA and I was taken aback that it was drugstore product. I immediately bought it. Alas, I bought the wrong one - I got the whitening one instead and it irritated my sensitive skin. A few months ago, my mom bought it and I finally managed to try the actual product. I got compliments from my skin doctor who claimed I looked radiant. It doesn't irritate my (very) sensitive skin. I use it almost everyday and I think my skin looks great! It can be used with or without other products. Really love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by saffysmom

I started using this foundation when I was in university (in my early 20s) and found that it was cheap and good. Then I earned my own money so I splurged on other foundations, and up to recently, I was using MAC. But, MAC is ex, and I decided to try this again after reading rave reviews of it, and I love it! It's affordable, and it gives good coverage. But somehow, when I apply it with a wet sponge, I tend to get a breakout on my cheeks. Doesn't happen when used dry. But I will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 4 (To get this on ebay it's like $40!)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was first introduced to this 2-way foundation in 2005 when I read Xiaxue's makeup tutorial, but I first tried it in 2008 when I was able to get it off of Ebay. It was about $30-40, so I would say it's a fairly expensive foundation. I understand that it is cheaper in Singapore, so I realize that this may not be the case for everyone.

I have this in 23, and I really like it. I use the sponge either wet or dry, and I've found that it really does last all day, the colour doesn't oxidize, and it's so easy to use. I just swipe the sponge on the cake surface and apply in short, light strokes all over my face. I sometimes have breakouts and this covers up the redness pretty well without making my acne worse. I usually use this around the eyes (doesn't dry them out), around the nose/upper lip and chin to cover up redness and uneven skin tone, and it does this easily in one step. I've also found that this is great for combination/oily skin as it helps soak up some of the oil.

Colour shade selection is good, and you can buy just the refills without the case. I just keep the plastic cover and it's small and easy to bring around for travel without making a mess like mineral foundations.

I often try other makeups (mineral, BB cream, liquid) but I almost always come back to this one! Note though; the Za True White 2-way foundation cake breaks me out! I have to stick with the original one.

I would recommend this to powder-foundation lovers/users.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Zelah90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My favourite foundation ever! I have very oily skin but when I used this foundation, I realized that it helps to control the oil better. Highly recommended! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite powder foundations from the drugstore at the moment. Was recommended to me by a friend who is also a big fan and has never been disapointed with it. It gives me a pretty light coverage which I find is wearable for school or work. Comes with a sponge, however I just use a regular powder brush and it works very well. Gives a really smooth matte finish, and I find that coverage lasts quite long, only had to touch up once throughout the day. Can be applied wet, however I find the dry application better for my skin type. Packaging is in a nice slim blue compact and comes with a nice big mirror that is perfect for any girl's handbag. One thing I really like about the packaging is that you can just buy refills, which is alot cheaper than buying the complete compact. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by millymill

I like the texture it gave and how it evened out my skin tone and made it nice and matte while looking like I have very smooth skin. Some might find it chalky and all but I think its a matter of how you put it on. It's not very buildable though but it gives pretty good coverage. I tend to sweat ALOT (like 2 mins after stepping out of the house I'm sweating already) and I love the fact that this doesnt streak and because it matches my skin colour so well, there arent patches of skin that look like a different colour:).

The spf is an added plus though its a no no if you wish to take photos. I like the packaging too and how it came with a mirror plus the blue colour is a very nice blue. Oil control is not bad and I only had to blot maybe around 5 hours later (and this is in spite of the fact that I sweat so much).

Overall a pretty good foundation with a good range of colours but I think it might feel abit heavy for some.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by addyroxursox888

Love love love this product! I am a MAC NC20, so I tested out shade #21 for this. I bought it, but in Asia, they sell the empty pallette and foundation seperatley (which is such a waste) Love the consistency of the foundation. I apply it with a brush, not the sponge and it goes on beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by missymaegan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product a lot in high school because it was relatively inexpensive & gave reasonably good coverage. It's a little too white making me appear lighter than I actually am & even when applied with a wet sponge it still looks powdery. Wear is less then ideal since it will start to come off after about 4 hours. Overall I think it's reasonable for the price & as a backup foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this as an emergency product when I couldn't find my usual go-to foundation.

Pros: very mattifying, even with my super oily skin I didn't have to blot at all through 6 hours of wear. Has a nice glow to it. Cheap.

Cons: Magnifies lines and wrinkles that I never even knew I had (actually, Za's true white foundation pointed them out for me) to the point of looking ridiculously old for my age. Made my skin texture look rough and flaky. Broke me out. Too fiddly, as I had to apply it wet with a brush and it takes more time than convenient. I just wanted something I could pat on with a sponge and forget.

Overall opinion: My skin looks better naked than it does with this foundation, so if I ever get caught out again I'll just go natural and blot.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally use liquid foundation on a daily basis but got this to have a more portable foundation which is easy to touch up. I don't have good skin, a lot of redness and hyperpigmented scars and unevenness. The good thing about this foundation is that it's coverage is medium if you use the sponge. I could cover the redness and hyperpigmented areas easily (no concealer needed). The packaging is nice too, and the sponge is good quality. It lasted about 4-5 hours before needing a touch up. But the bad stuff: it really emphasised the unevenness of my skin, emphasised large pores, flakiness, minor lines especially in the area around the eyes and forehead and it caked over my chin and nose if I dusted these areas with a large powder brush more than once (it caked immediately with the sponge). All of these problems disappear instantly however when applying it wet especially with a stippling brush. I'm still not impressed, since my original intention was for a more easy application and having to wet a brush or sponge defeats the purpose.