Za Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

3.7

To be honest, I don't really like this. Yes it's cheap and coverage is good, but it's cakey and finds it's way into any fine lines. Sigh, wanted to love this but too bad....

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I discovered this pressed powder on accident and I'm so glad I did! I'm in the shade #22 which is yellow undertoned and it is the perfect match for me. The powder is extremely soft and provides a nice matte finish over liquid foundation or on its own evens out the redness on my face and gives a light finish, but is build-able to a medium finish. The powder can be a little drying, so moisturising before is a must otherwise it will exentuate any patches of dry skin on your face. I use a kabuki or a powder brush to apply it and it works perfectly, but I find the sponge given is alright for touch ups, but it just packs on too much product and can be a little cakey in my opinion. It has SPF too which is great for Summer, and comes in a wide range of colours in both pink and yellow undertones. The packaging looks a little cheap. Its in a bright blue rectangle compact, but that doesn't seem to bother me that much as long the product does a good job. Another thing I like about this is that they have refills for the compact, so its alot cheaper too. :) I hit pan awhile ago, so will definitely be repurchasing!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Za is my makeup brand when I Started university. It's cheap and covers my face nicely without looking cakey. I am nc25, shade #22. The watsons staff said this powder oxidizes but I haven't felt that it does on my face as yet. My za powder came in a really nice packaging w silver shimmers on the cover. I will definitely repurchase and keep this in my bag or touchup or days when I am feeling lazy. This powder sets in <1min it's so easy to use.

I've been using this for ages. It's the best two-way foundation for me so far. Lasts the whole day and controls the oil on my face. I love the fact that I can just get the re-fill, and also love the sponge too. Light-weight and a definite must-have.

I first noticed this foundation 4 years ago when I met a friend who looked absolutely radiant and asked her what she was using. She told me it was ZA and I was taken aback that it was drugstore product. I immediately bought it. Alas, I bought the wrong one - I got the whitening one instead and it irritated my sensitive skin. A few months ago, my mom bought it and I finally managed to try the actual product. I got compliments from my skin doctor who claimed I looked radiant. It doesn't irritate my (very) sensitive skin. I use it almost everyday and I think my skin looks great! It can be used with or without other products. Really love it!

I started using this foundation when I was in university (in my early 20s) and found that it was cheap and good. Then I earned my own money so I splurged on other foundations, and up to recently, I was using MAC. But, MAC is ex, and I decided to try this again after reading rave reviews of it, and I love it! It's affordable, and it gives good coverage. But somehow, when I apply it with a wet sponge, I tend to get a breakout on my cheeks. Doesn't happen when used dry. But I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 4 (To get this on ebay it's like $40!)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was first introduced to this 2-way foundation in 2005 when I read Xiaxue's makeup tutorial, but I first tried it in 2008 when I was able to get it off of Ebay. It was about $30-40, so I would say it's a fairly expensive foundation. I understand that it is cheaper in Singapore, so I realize that this may not be the case for everyone.

I have this in 23, and I really like it. I use the sponge either wet or dry, and I've found that it really does last all day, the colour doesn't oxidize, and it's so easy to use. I just swipe the sponge on the cake surface and apply in short, light strokes all over my face. I sometimes have breakouts and this covers up the redness pretty well without making my acne worse. I usually use this around the eyes (doesn't dry them out), around the nose/upper lip and chin to cover up redness and uneven skin tone, and it does this easily in one step. I've also found that this is great for combination/oily skin as it helps soak up some of the oil.

Colour shade selection is good, and you can buy just the refills without the case. I just keep the plastic cover and it's small and easy to bring around for travel without making a mess like mineral foundations.

I often try other makeups (mineral, BB cream, liquid) but I almost always come back to this one! Note though; the Za True White 2-way foundation cake breaks me out! I have to stick with the original one.

I would recommend this to powder-foundation lovers/users.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite foundation ever! I have very oily skin but when I used this foundation, I realized that it helps to control the oil better. Highly recommended! :D

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of my favourite powder foundations from the drugstore at the moment. Was recommended to me by a friend who is also a big fan and has never been disapointed with it. It gives me a pretty light coverage which I find is wearable for school or work. Comes with a sponge, however I just use a regular powder brush and it works very well. Gives a really smooth matte finish, and I find that coverage lasts quite long, only had to touch up once throughout the day. Can be applied wet, however I find the dry application better for my skin type. Packaging is in a nice slim blue compact and comes with a nice big mirror that is perfect for any girl's handbag. One thing I really like about the packaging is that you can just buy refills, which is alot cheaper than buying the complete compact. Would definitely buy it again.

I like the texture it gave and how it evened out my skin tone and made it nice and matte while looking like I have very smooth skin. Some might find it chalky and all but I think its a matter of how you put it on. It's not very buildable though but it gives pretty good coverage. I tend to sweat ALOT (like 2 mins after stepping out of the house I'm sweating already) and I love the fact that this doesnt streak and because it matches my skin colour so well, there arent patches of skin that look like a different colour:).

The spf is an added plus though its a no no if you wish to take photos. I like the packaging too and how it came with a mirror plus the blue colour is a very nice blue. Oil control is not bad and I only had to blot maybe around 5 hours later (and this is in spite of the fact that I sweat so much).

Overall a pretty good foundation with a good range of colours but I think it might feel abit heavy for some.