September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Foundations - Za - Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by chanela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Za is my makeup brand when I Started university. It's cheap and covers my face nicely without looking cakey. I am nc25, shade #22. The watsons staff said this powder oxidizes but I haven't felt that it does on my face as yet. My za powder came in a really nice packaging w silver shimmers on the cover. I will definitely repurchase and keep this in my bag or touchup or days when I am feeling lazy. This powder sets in <1min it's so easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by sonicbelle

I've been using this for ages. It's the best two-way foundation for me so far. Lasts the whole day and controls the oil on my face. I love the fact that I can just get the re-fill, and also love the sponge too. Light-weight and a definite must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by alikiki

I first noticed this foundation 4 years ago when I met a friend who looked absolutely radiant and asked her what she was using. She told me it was ZA and I was taken aback that it was drugstore product. I immediately bought it. Alas, I bought the wrong one - I got the whitening one instead and it irritated my sensitive skin. A few months ago, my mom bought it and I finally managed to try the actual product. I got compliments from my skin doctor who claimed I looked radiant. It doesn't irritate my (very) sensitive skin. I use it almost everyday and I think my skin looks great! It can be used with or without other products. Really love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by saffysmom

I started using this foundation when I was in university (in my early 20s) and found that it was cheap and good. Then I earned my own money so I splurged on other foundations, and up to recently, I was using MAC. But, MAC is ex, and I decided to try this again after reading rave reviews of it, and I love it! It's affordable, and it gives good coverage. But somehow, when I apply it with a wet sponge, I tend to get a breakout on my cheeks. Doesn't happen when used dry. But I will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 4 (To get this on ebay it's like $40!)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was first introduced to this 2-way foundation in 2005 when I read Xiaxue's makeup tutorial, but I first tried it in 2008 when I was able to get it off of Ebay. It was about $30-40, so I would say it's a fairly expensive foundation. I understand that it is cheaper in Singapore, so I realize that this may not be the case for everyone.

I have this in 23, and I really like it. I use the sponge either wet or dry, and I've found that it really does last all day, the colour doesn't oxidize, and it's so easy to use. I just swipe the sponge on the cake surface and apply in short, light strokes all over my face. I sometimes have breakouts and this covers up the redness pretty well without making my acne worse. I usually use this around the eyes (doesn't dry them out), around the nose/upper lip and chin to cover up redness and uneven skin tone, and it does this easily in one step. I've also found that this is great for combination/oily skin as it helps soak up some of the oil.

Colour shade selection is good, and you can buy just the refills without the case. I just keep the plastic cover and it's small and easy to bring around for travel without making a mess like mineral foundations.

I often try other makeups (mineral, BB cream, liquid) but I almost always come back to this one! Note though; the Za True White 2-way foundation cake breaks me out! I have to stick with the original one.

I would recommend this to powder-foundation lovers/users.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Zelah90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My favourite foundation ever! I have very oily skin but when I used this foundation, I realized that it helps to control the oil better. Highly recommended! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite powder foundations from the drugstore at the moment. Was recommended to me by a friend who is also a big fan and has never been disapointed with it. It gives me a pretty light coverage which I find is wearable for school or work. Comes with a sponge, however I just use a regular powder brush and it works very well. Gives a really smooth matte finish, and I find that coverage lasts quite long, only had to touch up once throughout the day. Can be applied wet, however I find the dry application better for my skin type. Packaging is in a nice slim blue compact and comes with a nice big mirror that is perfect for any girl's handbag. One thing I really like about the packaging is that you can just buy refills, which is alot cheaper than buying the complete compact. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by millymill

I like the texture it gave and how it evened out my skin tone and made it nice and matte while looking like I have very smooth skin. Some might find it chalky and all but I think its a matter of how you put it on. It's not very buildable though but it gives pretty good coverage. I tend to sweat ALOT (like 2 mins after stepping out of the house I'm sweating already) and I love the fact that this doesnt streak and because it matches my skin colour so well, there arent patches of skin that look like a different colour:).

The spf is an added plus though its a no no if you wish to take photos. I like the packaging too and how it came with a mirror plus the blue colour is a very nice blue. Oil control is not bad and I only had to blot maybe around 5 hours later (and this is in spite of the fact that I sweat so much).

Overall a pretty good foundation with a good range of colours but I think it might feel abit heavy for some.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by addyroxursox888

Love love love this product! I am a MAC NC20, so I tested out shade #21 for this. I bought it, but in Asia, they sell the empty pallette and foundation seperatley (which is such a waste) Love the consistency of the foundation. I apply it with a brush, not the sponge and it goes on beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by missymaegan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product a lot in high school because it was relatively inexpensive & gave reasonably good coverage. It's a little too white making me appear lighter than I actually am & even when applied with a wet sponge it still looks powdery. Wear is less then ideal since it will start to come off after about 4 hours. Overall I think it's reasonable for the price & as a backup foundation.