MAC So Chaud

4.5

on 4/18/2012 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

MAC calls this color "intense reddish-orange" but it is definitely more red. It is nothing like Morange or Neon Orange which are much more true orange shades. This is not a shade for the meek. You can tone it down with a gloss but I love the full-throttle color by itself.
I don't reach for this one too often, I wish it was more orange. If you love vintage orange-y red lips, this is a good pick for you. So Chaud is nice because it has the warm kick I want without it looking like I dipped my lips in Tang. Definitely not a repurchase, I'll go for Morange next time.

on 4/15/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE this. Bought it yesterday after wanting an orange lipstick for a few weeks now. I initially wanted morange, but I felt that it was a little too bright and light for me (NC45-50) just by hand swatching.

This is a gorgeous orange with depth to it.
Wore it to a party last night and only reapplied once (after sipping on drinks & eating greasy food ALL night)

This will be the colour for every spring/summer to come for me :-)
<3 <3 <3 it!

Out of all the MAC lipsticks I own Id have to say this is my favourite. And the first I purchased! This matte lipstick is the perfect orangey toned red. This makes the lipstick classy but with a slightly modern twist. I would say that So Chaud is one of the creamier mattes and no way near the incredibly matte Ruby Woo. All in all if youre looking for a modern, slightly unusual red, try this!

on 3/8/2012 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think So Chaud is very this spring/summer. It was actually quite hard to find a flattering bright orange. So Chaud is matte, stays all day. MAC has described it well as reddish orange. I don't consider SC red. On my NC20 skin it looks very orange. I get lots of compliments. I prefer reddish orange to curry orange. I line my lips with coral-orange Lasting Sensation by MAC and if I don't feel matte, I use SC under NARS orange Wonder gloss.

on 2/12/2012 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My new love! I chose this as my back-to-mac purchase. It is beautiful and striking on my NW45 complexion. At first when you put it on it is orange but calms down to a bright vintage-like red. Well, on me anyway. I would definitely purchase this again though I doubt I'll ever need to. Lasts for ages. Even through eating and drinking. I've been doing statement lips lately and I'm glad I added this to my arsenal.

on 2/4/2012 10:03:00 AM

The orange-red matte lip seems to be this winter and spring's color of the moment and So Chaud is a great way to easily achieve it. Morange (which I wear) is straight-out orange, which you either love or hate. Lady Danger (which I also wear and like) is a heavier red-orange, deeper and a little on the retro side - very much of a statement lipstick. So Chaud is just a touch lighter than LD in both color and texture, more carefree. It better captures the modern version of this color that's being shown everywhere. And obviously as a matte, it has durability. I apply it without liner, without gloss. I'm NW25 but I think this combo of orange/red/coral would have universal appeal.

on 12/12/2011 9:34:00 AM

I really really like it! It's a great bold orange red shade on my NC25 skin. It lasts SUPER long too (aka I ate tons of pasta)! and it was wonderfully intact (with the right lipliner/blotting etc) My favorite way of wearing this is actually not straight on. I actually just really like mixing this with a nude color. I dab this over my foundation to get the prettiest strawberry-orange color! :) 2 lipsticks in one!

on 9/5/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So Chaud is the perfect spring/summer lip colour. Its definitely not for the colour shy - it makes your lips pop! Gorgeous matte orangey red which leans more to the orange side than the red. The matte finish makes it sophisticated and the brightness keeps it a little playful. MAC's Chicory liner works well with it. A colour like this pairs well with simple make up - flawless skin, a neutral eye with a bit of a shimmer, liner and mascara. I usually skip blush and go for a bit of bronzer with this one.

on 6/14/2011 12:06:00 AM

This is my all time favorite orange/red lipstick. I have medium color skin, yellow undertones, brown green eyes, dark hair, and this lipstick is flat out gorgeous! I get stopped on the street wearing it. It's neither orange nor red but a kind of tomatoey orange that works beautifully with light gold shadowed eyes and a bit of liner. It's the perfect, perfect orange and I absolutely love it.

on 6/13/2011 7:40:00 AM

I have a new love and it's name is So Chaud. Let me first say that I am fairly pale with slight olive undertones(my mother is native American, father is Irish and German) with green eyes and light brown hair. I have always stayed away from any lipstick as I have somewhat pigmented lips for my complexion and no matter what I put on it always has a reddish look. I was reading a beauty mag and this lipstick was mentioned. I figured I would go try it out. And wow was I won over. It is matte which I love but isn't drying at all. Today is day number 2 wearing it and it hasn't flakes or bled at all. The MAC sa paired it with the lipliner called raud(maybe?) and it's a perfect match. The color isn't overpowering for my pale skin and looks georg! I would imagine it looking fab on darker complexions as well. I would def purchase again

Popular Lipsticks