November 23, 2014 | 1959 users online

Lipstick - MAC - So Chaud

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think So Chaud is very this spring/summer. It was actually quite hard to find a flattering bright orange. So Chaud is matte, stays all day. MAC has described it well as reddish orange. I don't consider SC red. On my NC20 skin it looks very orange. I get lots of compliments. I prefer reddish orange to curry orange. I line my lips with coral-orange Lasting Sensation by MAC and if I don't feel matte, I use SC under NARS orange Wonder gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new love! I chose this as my back-to-mac purchase. It is beautiful and striking on my NW45 complexion. At first when you put it on it is orange but calms down to a bright vintage-like red. Well, on me anyway. I would definitely purchase this again though I doubt I'll ever need to. Lasts for ages. Even through eating and drinking. I've been doing statement lips lately and I'm glad I added this to my arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The orange-red matte lip seems to be this winter and spring's color of the moment and So Chaud is a great way to easily achieve it. Morange (which I wear) is straight-out orange, which you either love or hate. Lady Danger (which I also wear and like) is a heavier red-orange, deeper and a little on the retro side - very much of a statement lipstick. So Chaud is just a touch lighter than LD in both color and texture, more carefree. It better captures the modern version of this color that's being shown everywhere. And obviously as a matte, it has durability. I apply it without liner, without gloss. I'm NW25 but I think this combo of orange/red/coral would have universal appeal.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by mochio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really like it! It's a great bold orange red shade on my NC25 skin. It lasts SUPER long too (aka I ate tons of pasta)! and it was wonderfully intact (with the right lipliner/blotting etc) My favorite way of wearing this is actually not straight on. I actually just really like mixing this with a nude color. I dab this over my foundation to get the prettiest strawberry-orange color! :) 2 lipsticks in one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So Chaud is the perfect spring/summer lip colour. Its definitely not for the colour shy - it makes your lips pop! Gorgeous matte orangey red which leans more to the orange side than the red. The matte finish makes it sophisticated and the brightness keeps it a little playful. MAC's Chicory liner works well with it. A colour like this pairs well with simple make up - flawless skin, a neutral eye with a bit of a shimmer, liner and mascara. I usually skip blush and go for a bit of bronzer with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by DaynaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite orange/red lipstick. I have medium color skin, yellow undertones, brown green eyes, dark hair, and this lipstick is flat out gorgeous! I get stopped on the street wearing it. It's neither orange nor red but a kind of tomatoey orange that works beautifully with light gold shadowed eyes and a bit of liner. It's the perfect, perfect orange and I absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

I have a new love and it's name is So Chaud. Let me first say that I am fairly pale with slight olive undertones(my mother is native American, father is Irish and German) with green eyes and light brown hair. I have always stayed away from any lipstick as I have somewhat pigmented lips for my complexion and no matter what I put on it always has a reddish look. I was reading a beauty mag and this lipstick was mentioned. I figured I would go try it out. And wow was I won over. It is matte which I love but isn't drying at all. Today is day number 2 wearing it and it hasn't flakes or bled at all. The MAC sa paired it with the lipliner called raud(maybe?) and it's a perfect match. The color isn't overpowering for my pale skin and looks georg! I would imagine it looking fab on darker complexions as well. I would def purchase again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like this lipstick needs a tagline with it, "Be a hot girl without looking like a hot mess" or maybe something catchier im not in advertising lol but this lipstick NEEDS to be in every olive/tanned girls makeup bag its that good. Its a bold in your face wearable orange that attracts guys and girls like magnets even the occasional geezer or two.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for an orange lipstick from mac. Morange and Neon Orange looked WAY to bright and Lady Danger was to red. I was on Makeupgeek when I saw an article "How to Rock Orange Lips' So Chaud was on the list of lipsticks. I saw it and fell in love. Against my better judgment I bought it. While I was waiting for the package to arrive I was having second thoughts. Well, it finally came today and I am thrilled. I lasts forever and it's not to in your face. Don't get me wrong it's a really bright color just more wearable than I was anticipating. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ladylayuh562

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're lookin for a red-orange type lipstick that will last all day or night this is what you're looking for. Ill put it on at 12:45 PM and it'll still be on at 8:30 PM without reapplying even after eating. The color is perfect for spring or summer. I get compliments everytime I wear it. I just can't get enough. Ill be buying this lipstick till the day I die!!