Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So I actually do prefer Burt's Bees Lip Balms over actual Chapstick. They are more moisturizing, but this one isn't my favorite out of all of their lip balms. My favorite happens to be the Pomegranate one. This one is slightly too waxy and it feels sometimes like a film on my lips. It also doesn't have the best smell, but it doesn't nauseate me or anything, which is good. I probably wouldn't repurchase this as I already have a favorite by them.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best lip balm ever. My lips is kinda dry type and I have tried so many lip balm. And this one is just amazing, I finally find the best lip balm

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a big fan of burts bees lip balm. But I should note that it will not heal really damaged lips. It is not meant to do so, so for that reason left out, it gets the job done 10 fold!

love Love Love it . it surely does the job when my lips are dry

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This lip balm is so hyped. I've heard of people using this lip balm for 10-20+ years and it's the only thing they ever use, but I honestly don't see why.

The lip balm came in a duo pack for around 3$ in Wal-Mart (Canada). The packaging is a yellow lip balm tube, with 4.25g of product inside.

The product itself was only okay. It smelled like peppermint and left a tingly sensation on my lips (which I LOVE), and didn't really have a distinct flavour. But unfortunately, this lip balm was EXTREMELY waxy. It felt like when you buy a new EOS lip balm, the outer layer is some waxy layer you have to work through before you can get to the product. But with Burt's Bees, you simply cannot get through said "waxy layer" because the whole lip balm is just wax.

I also felt the formula did little for my lips. My lips themselves were somewhat hydrated, but the skin just outside of my lips for whatever reason became extremely chapped and flaky after using this for a few hours. Not a good look.

So unfortunately, I don't see what all the hype is over Burt's Bees lip balm. It's just an okay lip balm.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is an okay lip balm but definitely not one that I reach for or think of when my lips are dry or chapped. I just feel like it isn't moisturizing enough. It may work if you don't have chapped lips at all and just want a slight bit of moisture to keep them in good shape.

I have tried a few different Burts Bees balms (ultra conditioning, spf, etc) and none of them really wow me.

I way prefer lypsyl or blistex for a good balm.
even aquaphor.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I didn't really like this product. It did not hydrate my lips at all - maybe for like 2 minutes did it slightly hydrate if it did at all - and it kinda left a white residue shortly after an hour of application. I keep this in my jacket pocket and the product completely crumbled inside the packaging. I really wanted this product to work since it works so well for some people! However, this worked awfully on my and I do not recommend. I also do not have very dry lips at all so if you have mild to extremely dry lips stay away from this product and purchase something else as this will do nothing for you.

I am in love with this lip balm. I have the pink grapefruit one and it is so moisturizing and the smell doesn't dry your throat out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After dealing with dry, cracked, and bleeding lips for over a month, while trying several different lip balms, I finally picked up a tube of this product. Within two days my lips were back to normal. Now Burt's Bees is the only lip balm I will buy.
I was a bit surprised at the (almost buttery) scent, but I ended up growing on me.

This is one of the best lip balms on the market. The scent is amazing (I love peppermint so much) and it slightly tingles your lips once you first apply it. I love how the product is so natural but it's so effective. It feels waxy at first, but once you get used to it and keep on applying it, it turns so much less waxy and smooth and buttery and AMAZING. (OK, maybe not exactly buttery...) I have repurchased this so many times, and I always keep one in my desk, makeup collection, and purse. This is one of the only lip balms that actually DO something for my lips. I absolutely love it and it's worth all the popularity it gets.

Overall, I love this product so much and I definitely recommend it. 10/10. ;)

Popular Lip Treatments