October 20, 2014 | 901 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Jumping Juniper solid

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by michii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall it's a good shampoo. I use it every day and it leaves my hair feeling really clean. It lasts a long time and smells good too. I find that when I use this shampoo, my hair straightens better than when I use some of my other shampoos. It lathers nicely and a little bit goes a long way. It seems kind of expensive, but it really does last a long time and it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I needed something to re-balance my scalp because I was suffering from flakes, buildup and itchiness. This fits the bill. It has a very faint herbal scent; lemon/rosemary/lavender; I can barely smell it when I'm using it in the shower, and it doesn't linger. It's not as harsh or drying as some of the others I've tried (Seanik, Godiva, Squeaky Green), but it doesn't do anything special to improve the condition of your hair (no added shine or bounciness). A few swipes over your scalp produces good lather, which helps spread it around your hair. If you have a dry scalp/hair and you're trying to pick a shampoo bar from LUSH, I would suggest New!, Ultimate or this bar. They still leave your hair very clean, but they're gentler and don't dry it out. I also don't think the shampoo bars are that expensive when you consider how long they last (my hair is medium length and it takes me 4-5 months to use one up).

UPDATE: I've been using this for months now and it works especially great with a nice rich conditioner like Suave Professionals Shea Butter & Almond. The duo leave my hair clean but very soft and shiny; not at all frizzy or dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

HG! Love this shampoo. Makes my hair perfectly soft and tangle-free and keeps oil at bay. So convenient for flying as well. Only takes a few swipes of this bar on my head in the shower to make delicious suds. I've been using it for a few weeks and it seems like it will last me a very long time so the price is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My scalp gets oily very quickly, so that I even can't wash my hair at night and style in the morning...it's showers every day. I've been using this solid shampoo for a couple of weeks and I really like it! I don't use it every day, but it's wonderful for a deep-clean a couple of times a week.

The scent is great, and it's easy to use. I don't find it drying either and I have curly hair that craves moisture. The only thing I don't really like is that it can be really hard to keep it from getting wet/goopy, even with a tin. But it can still be used even if it's not in perfect condition. I will definitely keep buying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by westcoastfriendship

This solid shampoo worked really well for me!! For awhile I've been struggling with what seems to be sebborheic dermatitus. Which, if you don't know, is basically oily dandruff. Yeah. Ew. All the dandruff shampoos I've tried seem to cause buildup and oiliness, and most volumizing shampoos just didn't do the trick. So I thought I I'd try this solid shampoo. I had never even heard of solid shampoo before, so the idea seemed very strange, but it actually lathers up just like a liquid shampoo! It's great for cleaning the hair without leaving that gross waxy feeling behind. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that it does melt, and when that happens you just kinda have to scoop a little bit in your hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by estella2703

i used it for my oily hair problem
i can not say that it gave me extra days without washing my hair may be if i do not play a lot with my hair or may be i updo my hair it could have..
the soap is quite difficult to use, you need to place it out of the shower to protect it against getting wet may be a small jar or a tin case can help (lush sells tin case, too)..
you rub the soap for 3 seconds on your hair and it bubbles up and cleans
no flake problem or no tangling hair after washing, it does not dry ends, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Kremenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a reviewer before me said, I alternate it with a regular drugstore shampoo (silicone free!) and my hair and scalp feel very good. In does not magically reduces the sebum production, but my hair definitely feels clean longer and it also looks shiny and healthy as if I had used a conditioner.
I will deffinitely repushase after a few mounts, because the bar will probably last so :)
The girls before me have also given very good advices for applying and storing the shampoo bar.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by freshkid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I do like the idea of a bar shampoo but did do its job of removing grease , but after a few days of using it I noticed that its been leaving my hair full of dandruff which i do not normally have & an itchy scalp which is irritating. As for the price , I dont mind paying a bit for things of good quality but this wasnt. I also hate the fact that you have to buy $4 packaging just to keep it waterproof. So I am now only using this product one a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I alternate this shampoo with a drugstore shampoo - this being the more restorative one that I use every other day to remove all the buildup completely. Bar shampoos tend to help strip even more oil than liquid shampoos, so this is great if your liquid shampoo doesn't quite cut it to make your scalp squeaky clean. The lavender scent is lovely, and just gives that extra luxurious touch that I look for in Lush products (after all, this is twice the price of my drugstore shampoo). Highly recommended for extremely greasy scalps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 3 ($9.95 CAN)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to buy this solid shampoo bar because my best friend had been raving about how awesome they were (she loves NEW!) and I've been having issues with my hair, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

When you look at shampoo bars they look like little coloured hockey pucks -- they are 2.25 inches in diameter and about 0.75 inches in height. They fit perfectly into the LUSH solid shampoo tins. I like that there is no actual packaging for this product -- I feel like I'm being very eco-friendly that way. I also like that you're not wasting money on a product that is 50% water, because this is basically a concentrated shampoo. For $10 you get a shampoo that is supposed to last you at least 3 months (shampoo generally lasts me about that long anyway for $4, BUT like I said, 50% of the shampoo you buy at drugstores is water anyway so I feel like I'm getting ripped off).

I like the scent of this solid shampoo -- it smells like lavender but it's not too over-powering. If anything, I wish it was stronger! It doesn't linger in my hair at all, which I'm a little disappointed in... but that's ok.

As far as how I use it: I get in the shower, and wet my hair. I carefully handle the shampoo bar to avoid getting it wet from the shower spray and swipe it on my head a few strokes (left, center, right, back of my head under my hair) and carefully put it back into the tin with the wet side up. I gently start massaging my scalp to get the shampoo into a lather and finger-comb to the ends. I have an oily scalp and need to wash my hair everyday, but even I would find this shampoo drying on the ends of my hair if I used it without conditioner (I failed to use a conditioner the first time I tried this). However, if you need a little moisture, I added a tiny amount of coconut oil to my hair after blow drying and that has left me with shiny and hydrated ends.

I like how compact and simple these solid shampoos are -- I look at my bathroom and see how I have various bottles of shampoos, conditioners, and treatments, and I can see myself just replacing it all with one of these shampoo solids and a little coconut oil or a good conditioner.

My hair is shiny and feels really clean when I use this, and it doesn't dry out my scalp either. I am thinking of trying to create something to kind of separate the shampoo bar from the bottom of the tin, as I worry about it sticking when it dries. When I do that, I'll update this post!

Overall, I'm very happy that I decided to try this shampoo solid and can't wait to try others. It can be a little expensive ($10 for a shampoo + the $4 tin, but you could use anything), but it will last so much longer and is chock full of great quality ingredients and won't have wasteful packaging in the end, so I think it's worth it.