April 16, 2014 | 874 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by naybrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After purchasing this lipstick all I can say is... I'M IN LOOOOOVE <3 I wasn't really looking to buying anything when I was going to MAC until I saw one of the customers trying this nude lipstick. I was so surprised to see such a nude color to look so beautiful on the lips and considering that Kinda Sexy is a matte, it doesn't look at all matte on the lips. I would say it is more of a satin finish.

Also I would say that trying it on ( i'm an NC 37) and the customer ( NC 42) the color definitely is flattering to almost all skin tones since it is a neutral pink. This is awesome for the girl next door look in the day time and subtle sexy bombshell look at night!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my current fave. I bought it just to give it a try and I was so surprised by how much I like it. In the tube, it looks like a light pink, but on it's the perfect mix of nude-pink-peach- super odd how it works out, but super beautiful. I'm NC37 olive tone skin and this is a perfect everyday, wearable, MLBB shade. But it is in no way a boring shade, it's actually like a natual "bombshell" color, it just makes my lips look pouty and full, very fleshy and more than just "kinda" sexy. I alternated between a lot of lipsticks, so I doubt I'll be finishing it up anytime soon, but if I did I would totally repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my HG nude lipsticks. It is more of a coral-nude on my warm skin tone. I like the matte formula, although I do have to use lip balm first when wearing this. It is definitely and MLBB shade and it gives a glow that looks like it comes from the inside of my lips. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this solely based on reviews here. This is not a pink, it's a neutral nude. And as a matte, it's dry. I have to use a lip balm first as it's very dry. But the color is good, I needed to move away from pink after I colored my hair red, and this actually looks very good. It's a medium nude matte. Makes my lips look a little fuller, and doesn't battle with a smokey eye. A good staple in your ls wardrobe, but definitely NOT a pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Elypixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'M IN LOVE WITH THE COLOR

Definitely a repurchase! It's a bit too drying but the color is so gorgeousssss it's a perfect color for everyday use!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by xxedelweiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

it is a peachy nude, and uber matte so might be drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

For starters i'm super picky when it comes to nude lipsticks and with that being said, I'm really happy that I decided to purchase this color. I think i may be in love :) It looks amazing against my skintone. It shows up as a very flattering light pinky/beige nude shade on my lips. Looks great with smokey eyes or just as an everyday color. I'm kinda surprised with how much i like this lipstick because i'm not one to swoon over pinks.....very rare. I also love the matte consistency...stays on longer..love that. If you have tan to dark tan skin i'd highly recommend looking into Kinda Sexy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade has just become my new HG nude. For reference I'm nc35-37 (winter) nc42 (summer) with very warm undertones and pigmented lips. I had been using Freckletone as my HG nude for 3 yrs. However I got tired of Freckletone's luster formula and the fact that I wanted a more pinky/peach nude that had more coverage and that will last longer than a luster. Well finally! I don't know how or why I kept passing this up in the MAC store. Maybe because it looked so similar to Velvet Teddy and Mocha in the tube, both of which I already owned. On my lips is where the huge difference is evident. On me, this shade is the perfect balance of pink/peach and brown and tends to pull slightly more peach than pink. Unlike Velvet Teddy which is a bit too cool and grayish looking for my skin tone, Kinda Sexy brightens up and flatters my complexion and brings out the warmth in it. It's a matte formula and a bit drying when worn alone. I wear a balm underneath and top it off with a clear gloss. When worn alone, it lasts about 5 hrs without eating.

How it compares to other nude/nudish l/s I have: Brighter, warmer and almost a shade lighter than Velvet Teddy (although they look similar in the tube). Brighter, pinker and less orangey-brown than Mocha. Brighter, warmer and less pink/mauve than High Def and Brave New Bronze. A bit pinker, brighter and a lot more opaque than Freckletone. To sum it all up, it's my perfect nude. If you have similar skin tone like me and you found Velvet Teddy too cool/grayish for you, try this shade.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by saroh87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect peachy-nude color on my NC30 skin. Love the texture (it's a Matte) but it does need properly moisturized lips otherwise it can be a drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MeMe16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC 45 and the color is beautiful on me! Its appears very nude on me but has a slight pinkish look. I see that the color appearance varies from skin tone to skin tone. This was the first lipstick color i ever bought from MAC and i still use it til this day!! ;)