MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 10/10/2014 10:22:00 AM

On my NC30 skintone, this 'peachy' nude turns very orange. It's more like orange-creamsicle nude on my lips, which aren't very pigmented to begin with. The formula is also very unforgiving. I have other MAC mattes that do not accentuate every single lip line nor make my lips look parched and puckered. This one's going back.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Unfortunately ... I thought it could fit well on my fair skintone but it looks like I wear a brighter shade of concealer on my lips totally fail!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail, peachy nude that isn't too light and immediately enhances the face. It DOES give that Angelina Jolie look to some women I have seen wear it. It is the perfect color, especially for my NC30 skin. I first bought it in 2004 and in 2014 I am still lemming it.

The only downside it is EXTREMELY drying, even with chapstick. It has had the same effect on my friend, who has the opposite type of skin than I do (I have dry skin and she has oily). It is such a shame because it is a beautiful lip color that receives many compliments and has other women asking, "What lipstick are you wearing?". I guess I am allergic to it, too, because the skin around my lips turns red, flaking and peeling. But ah... such is life. If there was a cremesheen version of this lipstick, I would consider buying it again.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

MAC NEEDS TO CHANGE THE NAME TO "HELLA SEXY".

Absolute perfection.
I walked around MAC looking for the perfect nude shade, just so I could copy Angelina Jolie as Lisa Rowe in "Girl, Interrupted". I literally held up a picture of Angelina's lips to every lipstick in the store til I found the perfect one.

I was always worried about nude lipsticks, what with my pale skin and thick lips and all.
Most nudes always make my lips look nonexistent.
Kinda Sexy was the exception!
Definitely an essential.

on 8/11/2014 9:05:00 PM

Reminiscent of MAC's Flattering from their 2010 Matteene (sp?) collection. LOVE! I line this with my Jordana Coco Loco to get a lovely nude lip. Perfect addition to my no makeup/makeup routine.

on 8/1/2014 12:35:00 PM

I got this from the back to mac program. I love this colour!! I always want a nude lippie but nothing too nude. This is a perfect pinky/peachy nude! It doesn't wash me out and it makes my lips appear fuller. since it is a matte formula, it does look dry as the day goes on. It's not tooo bad though. I usually top it off with a lipgloss or use lip balm underneath. If I dont use lipgloss on top, it tends to fade unevenly but it's okay because i love the colour! I dont mind reapplying. I will def buy this again when I run out. I use it almost everyday!

on 7/30/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This just takes too much work to look good on me. Maybe my lips are just too pigmented... Speaking as an NC 40/42 girl, Kinda Sexy looks straight up neon orange-pink on me! Not flattering :( It's too bad because it is such a pretty color in the tube. Also, this lippie in particular is SO DRY. I've tried other matte lippies by Mac and they aren't nearly as uncomfortable (Velvet Teddy, for example).

on 7/12/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really liked the color. and love to wear it with with gloss. But I find myself annoyed whenever I apply it because it is too dry..

on 7/7/2014 11:32:00 AM

Beautiful, Beautiful peachy/pink matte formula. Not a MLBB for me but definitely works well with my skin tone and awesome to wear for day or when I need and understated lip and I don't want to wear a plain nude or have time to be layering color. This is a matte so it will be dry and very opaque. You need to have exfoliated, moisturized lips or this will look a mess. I do use a gloss from a local merchant if I don't want the color so flat on top on occasion, but i always put a good balm on first thing before applying any makeup and when I get to my lippy I blot off the excess balm and it does help with the dryness. IF you do not like dry or matte formulas I suggest Sheen Supremes for MAC. You will not like this. If you are looking to extend the wear time on this try putting the color on, blotting and adding a lite dusting of HD powder and then re-apply the color. It will hold longer and give a bit of stain. The only color I've ever had complete staying power was one of the cover girl 24hour wear formulas. but this will last pretty well.

on 7/6/2014 1:14:00 PM

this is my go to everyday lipstick. i use 'soar' to line my lips then i use kinda sexy. its the perfect combo!!! especially for us blondes :)

Recommended for Medium Skin